The Falkirk FC Thread

Think we need to concentrate on organisation within the Middle & Back areas.
Would instantly take pressure off those up front from having to score at least 2 a game.
As I have said before a defence who can't defend and an attack who can't score goals is what we have. The middle of the park are either having to cover the defence or try to make goals. If we had a solid back line and a goalscorer the midfield would be able to work better

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ruth’s goal at Dumbarton was a very decent finish tbf….

The finish certainly was but I'll be harsh and say in an alternate timeline he wouldn't have got it!

Had the defender not misjudged the flight of the ball, in the expected challenge he'd have come out 2nd best. 

He just doesn't have the nous for me.

Over 400 said they'd join in our survey a year ago.  Morton - fkng Morton - got over 850 members. And 1000 said they’d join the BtB scheme in 2019. 
It's basically up to Falkirk fans if they want it to work. We'd held off launching for ages given the state of the club and covid.  But we knew it was a tough sell even when we did launch. 
More to come on the BAIRNforLife partnership. Just need to get the admin right so we're handling data properly. But as LatapyBairn says, that puts us up nearer 400 members and nearer £5k a month.  Progress. 
Definitely looks like progress with the BfL link up. I think ~400 people considering the mood around the club is a very strong start and will hopefully increase as things become a bit more positive around the place and the ambitions/roles of the 3 'stools' are made a bit clearer.
I'd be interested to know what you think will drive membership up, I think the idea of an option when you renew the Season Ticket makes sense if it's possible.

Please, please don't sign Goodwillie. Please. I'm literally begging you. We've done so much good today hitting the reset button, don't mess all of that up for the sake of signing a 33 year old from Clyde. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What did Morton do to encourage that level of membership, especially given the ratio of members to ST’s?
Whatever it was, we probably need to do something similar….

I think it was born out of an existential crisis and/or an opportunity for fans to buy the club outright. So the carrot being danger was bigger. Of course, overall fan ownership might feel exciting, but it might get a bit hairy once the final demands come in. 

Guest TedCrilly
Just now, Senor Bairn said:

We need a serious shake if we're going to consider going for him. Surely there's something that can be done to make sure the board know we don't want the guy at the club. 

I’ve already emailed them using board@falkirkfc.co.uk

The more emails the better.

22 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

With Holt gone one possibility is at the end of the season.

Rennie becomes Director of Football

Miller gets the managers gig

Please dispense with pish like this.

For me, if this signing goes ahead then I will be finished with the team I loved and supported since 1979. The board have decisions to make but with this wind of change, they need to behave appropriately.

If we are to rely on our new management team to find a potent striker, then they need to look further afield than a Clyde player in his early thirties and with baggage no-one wants anything to do with. I trust that they will, but we're Falkirk and anything could happen.

Frankly the FSS will be a total non starter if signing Goodwillie goes ahead.

Less than 24 hours ago I was calling for the club to refute this whilst others were dismissing this in the basis of one tabloid report (it wasn’t just one).
Given the Express, Mirror and Sun all now reporting this when do we start to take it seriously?…

Can I ask why FSS would be first line of attack for fans who disagree with a particular signing, employee, policy, etc?  FSS is a separate organisation.  Up to everyone what to do with their own money, but it seems counterintuitive to weaken fans’ ability to argue for change. 

We’d also surely have to pay a fee to Clyde. It isn’t just poaching him on a free then paying him meh wages. A fat 33 year old rapist who fucking Ben Hall has had in his back pocket before. It would be one of the most mind bogglingly awful transfers you’d ever see.