The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Whilst this is great news I think we need to just keep our feet on the ground. Hopefully also gives some more confidence the new guys know what they are doing and what is required.

Lots of work still to be done IMO that won’t fix the clubs troubles overnight. 

I fully endorse those trying to encourage more to invest via FSS if they can afford it. 
I am going to bore people again, we have to pull together as much as we can. It is the only way we get this club moving forward. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No. Depending on how widespread the covid infections are I'm guessing things might go on the back burner for a few days. It obviously depends on whether staff were infected too. 

I'd heard Holt brought covid into the club....😂😂

Brad McKay 3yr contract would've got a manager the sack, throw in a Wilson and trying to defend him with two current players was just throwing himself under a bus.

I am ok with him standing up for his signings, any manager or DOF will do but he'd have to get his audience drugged to believe him with what he has done to our club.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the NDA holding up the exit, pretty sure we have plenty dark dark stories even in the year Holt has been there.

25 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It’s a fantastic start but we still need more fans signing up, do you have a target membership figure or target timescale for the society to reach its goal of a 25% shareholding? 

We're looking at a 3 year window to buy the 750k shares that are currently available to us, to add to the 90k-ish we already have.  That means £300k at the current share price.  Lots of water to flow under the bridge in the meantime, but the graph is starting to look like that's achievable, with momentum behind us.

We need to think through how we work with and, if they want, represent existing small shareholders who own a decent chink lf the club but aren't co-ordinated.  And we don't yet know the intentions of pre-existing major shareholders. 

There’ll be elections for the FSS committee in March and their early challenge, other than organising director elections, will be to drill down on that strategic point. 

https://falkirksupporters.org/subscribe/

Edited by StuartA

Not long woken up (in isolation with the virus) and seen this news, fucking excellent start to the year. 

From the moment that c**t appeared on open goal pretending to be a bus driver during the biggest pre season in the past 20 years I knew he wasn't up to it. 

Even more buzzing to see everyone saying they'd fire money into the society when he was punted sticking to their word. Onwards and upwards. 

14 minutes ago, StuartA said:

We're looking at a 3 year window to buy the 750k shares that are currently available to us, to add to the 90k-ish we already have.  That means £300k at the current share price.  Lots of water to flow under the bridge in the meantime, but the graph is starting to look like that's achievable, with momentum behind us.

We need to think through how we work with and, if they want, represent existing small shareholders who own a decent chink lf the club but aren't co-ordinated.  And we don't yet know the intentions of pre-existing major shareholders. 

There’ll be elections for the FSS committee in March and their early challenge, other than organising director elections, will be to drill down on that strategic point. 

https://falkirksupporters.org/subscribe/

Thats a good point. There are quite a few small shareholders out there who are neither affiliated to the FSS or the PG and thier proxy votes could help fans intentions to be carried. The question is, how to access their shareholding ?

The other point I'd like to make is that there is still a gap between FSS and PG i.e. between the £10/month and £10k subs.

I would think there may be a few fans out there who would want to put in, say between £500 and £5k as an emotional tie in to the club. How do we capture this Group of fans ? 

With all the positivity out there at the moment, this could be a good time for the club to be put on a more financially safe footing and to perhaps have a wee pot to buy some half decent players.

4 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

My advice to the FSS is take a note of the people who joined today and regard all funds accrued from them as a bonus as they will resign at the first hint of an opportunity to take some sort of  misguided stance. 

Fuckin outrageous, you can poke it, I'm out!

I think the new BOD have handled the Holt thing very well. They weren't in the door two minutes and had to find a new management team, that was the top priority. Took their time to find out what Holt actually did so that whovever took over those duties had an understanding of what was required. Also took time to get the legalities right on his departure. Good move and decision making imo. We have an opportunity now to move forward. We as fans have to grasp this opportunity. We have to pull together, and can do it by joining the FSS, we cant point the finger at someone else if we dont.

I think the new BOD have handled the Holt thing very well. They weren't in the door two minutes and had to find a new management team, that was the top priority. Took their time to find out what Holt actually did so that whovever took over those duties had an understanding of what was required. Also took time to get the legalities right on his departure. Good move and decision making imo. We have an opportunity now to move forward. We as fans have to grasp this opportunity. We have to pull together, and can do it by joining the FSS, we cant point the finger at someone else if we dont.

Great news he’s away but did we actually bin him or did he ask to be let go? If the new board decided enough was enough and made the decision to remove him that would be direct and show real desire for change but on the other hand if he asked if he could leave because he’s been offered a role down Ayrshire way puts a bit of a different slant on the news.

I suppose it’s immaterial really, the good things is he’s gone!!!

Thank you for F£&@ all!

5 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Surely getting fan ownership would mean there would be a big say in not signing "rapists" as a football club.

So cancelling because of a signing that goes against the clubs values seems very counter productive.

Hmmmm......

Supports Stenhousemuir. Puts rapist in quotation marks....

Definitely should take this guy seriously. 

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

Great news he’s away but did we actually bin him or did he ask to be let go? If the new board decided enough was enough and made the decision to remove him that would be direct and decisive but on the other if he asked if he could leave because he’s been offered a role down Ayrshire way puts a bit of a different slant on the news.

Thank you for F£&@ all!

Better if it's the latter, nowt for us to pay out. He's not our problem anymore, thank f*ck.

22 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Surely getting fan ownership would mean there would be a big say in not signing "rapists" as a football club.

So cancelling because of a signing that goes against the clubs values seems very counter productive.

100% Exactly this!  if we want more control of decisions like this as fans our intentions should be to invest and gain that 25% shareholding the FSS needs, not do the opposite and dilute the fans voice! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Back Post Misses
14 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Great news he’s away but did we actually bin him or did he ask to be let go? If the new board decided enough was enough and made the decision to remove him that would be direct and show real desire for change but on the other hand if he asked if he could leave because he’s been offered a role down Ayrshire way puts a bit of a different slant on the news.

Thank you for F£&@ all!

Had he resigned I am pretty sure the announcement would have said that. 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Genuinely feels like now that clown has been booted, the clear out has been completed and a fresh start can ensue. What a beautiful day xxx

Almost there !  I think there are still one or two "hangers on" that need to go, but in the great scheme of things certainly lower priority than Deans, Sheerin and Holt.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Genuinely feels like now that clown has been booted, the clear out has been completed and a fresh start can ensue. What a beautiful day xxx

I think it has just started personally. There is a squad to rebuild. 

Given that a large percentage of our fans are absolute clowns who happily sat back while successive clowns in charge sat back and took us down to borderline League 2, I’m not convinced that fan ownership is going to be as good as many think.