The Falkirk FC Thread

It was never anywhere else. Rennie and Miller were not talking that job without their destiny in their own hands. Thankfully this move by the club re-enforces that view. 
Down to them now and their skill and judgment. 

You’ve said this a few times and I believe you. However until Holt was gone it was always up for debate.
At least now we have absolute clarity….

2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
26 minutes ago, Zbairn said:
Bovril's too hot emoji4.png

Now that is a problem that many boards have ignored. I remember getting burnt in the 1960's from a Bovril bought from the hut half way up the hill at Watson Street. Get it done

Exactly. I did the same at the pie hut at the Hope St end.....trying to stop the dripping grease from the pie ruining my new jeans. The boiling Bovril spilling out from the cup almost sent me to A&E.

Edited by Zbairn

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

How does this fans group work? I’d like to get involved but don’t have £10,000 to Chuck in 

You can join the FSS where you can donate £10 or £20 a month or simply make one off donations. The money raised all goes to buying more shares for the group and then everyone who is contributing gets a vote on who within the group should be part of the board.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

You can join the FSS where you can donate £10 or £20 a month or simply make one off donations. The money raised all goes to buying more shares for the group and then everyone who is contributing gets a vote on who within the group should be part of the board.

Ok great, how do I get involved? 

20 minutes ago, Donathan said:

How does this fans group work? I’d like to get involved but don’t have £10,000 to Chuck in 

Thats the patrons group, there is also the FSS which is set at a minimum £10 a month and accrues shares on your behalf with a one member one vote policy. They aim to own 26% of the club eventually and have 2 permanent BOD seats, it’s a great scheme, we have needed a properly organised fans group for a long time. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Exactly. I did the same at the pie hut at the Hope St end.....trying to stop the dripping grease from the pie ruining my new jeans. The boiling Bovril spilling out from the cup almost sent me to A&E.

I remember being at Broomfield during the Jefferies era, think it may have been the Sammy hatrick game. I was standing near the segregation fence in a new khaki quilted bomber jacket when a pie flew over from the Airdrie fans, bounced off the head of a boy standing near me, covering me in mince and grease. The jacket was fecked and never the same again 😫

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Just catching up and knew with so many new pages on the feed it must have been something big!

Well done to the new board for dealing with Holt. For me it was never just about Holt, it was about paying a significant salary for a role that IMHO wasn't justified in the 3rd tier. by all means review if and when we get back in the championship.  its just a shame it was yet another poor decision and poor hire which has cost us probably a couple of decent players salary wise over the past year. never mind the personality.

in nearly 40 years of going I've never felt so aggrieved at someone getting paid at the club, not even bannon, lambing, fulston etc. 

hoping now the path is cleared for rennie and miller to do well. 

Thanks very much! There’s an annual subscription option - the bottom left option for £120 per year. 

https://falkirksupporters.org/subscribe/
Do you know how many we have on board now. Last count was sometime ago at 200 but I think it will be larger now. Time to make it more OUR club rather than it being in the hands of big investors with different agendas

51 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Interesting to re-read the Rawlins initial comments of,  "best board we have ever worked with" ...."Holt amazing at identifying the payers we want" ....."Sheerin is the man to take us forward". 

I honestly think they did not realise the extent of the mess we were in, the apathy of fans towards the club Directors and the displeasure in Deans et al (and Holt) until they arrived in Scotland and that's what made them step down from the BoD. I think the Q&A opened up their eyes to what was going on.  

Fingers crossed they now see what a half decent fans Board can do to get the supporters back onside and hopefully add to their investment (as they initially indicated) to get the team we all want to see on the park.  They are potentially a vital part of the 3 legged stool model and if they really have the best interests of the club at heart, they should be invested (pardon the pun) in the direction we are now moving.  All additional cash welcome :)

I think I'd said this on a different post but this is a typical American corporate way of answering things. Everyone does a great job, until it's clear that they can't but you still don't slag off someone in public. Problems or difficulties don't exist, only challenges and there's always a lot to learn from those already in place (meaning that if there are things which are not going as hoped, you won't hear about it until people have lost their jobs).

Lost count of the amount of times a new VP or director would gush all the way from the US about how brilliant our department was, how we could teach the US and within a month, the first job losses started.

Still it's a joyous day.

Note to those in charge: Thank you, now don't cock it up!

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
17 minutes ago, StuartA said:
Thanks very much! There’s an annual subscription option - the bottom left option for £120 per year. 

Do you know how many we have on board now. Last count was sometime ago at 200 but I think it will be larger now. Time to make it more OUR club rather than it being in the hands of big investors with different agendas

Over 250 members paying well over £3k a month total (excl B4L).  Nearly 30 joined today.  Lots of work to do and we're still learning, but we're getting there. 

3 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Over 250 members paying well over £3k a month total (excl B4L).  Nearly 30 joined today.  Lots of work to do and we're still learning, but we're getting there. 

It’s a fantastic start but we still need more fans signing up, do you have a target membership figure or target timescale for the society to reach its goal of a 25% shareholding? 

Now all you posters and onlookers get your hands in your pockets. This is OUR CHANCE to support OUR CLUB. £10 a month is a few pints less , a carry out less or whatever your spending is on. At this time we need our wallet to talk not our keyboards.
Viva les Revolution!