The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Noones preventing you asking them yourself. Give them a phone or email them. It's not that difficult.

Aye that’s what I’ll do. f**k me 🤯.

If you can’t see why fans would be disappointed to have not heard from our new board and to see Gary Holt still employed by the club a month into this new dawn then we’ll just leave this here 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Great laugh 👏🏼👏🏼.

I knew all about this event but couldn’t make it. Just wondered if I get to know anything that’s going on at the club or if it’s only the 30 folk that turned up that get that privilege. 

I wasn't at it either, but if i was getting my knickers in a twist as much as you two I would be going to the club, emailing them or asking to speak to them on the phone.

I'm sure they'll do you the privilege you are craving.

I wasn't at it either, but if i was getting my knickers in a twist as much as you two I would be going to the club, emailing them or asking to speak to them on the phone.
I'm sure they'll do you the privilege you are craving.

You are absolutely clueless if you don’t understand the issue here.
Correct me if I’m wrong but most of our board were elected by fans to represent them on the board but you don’t think they need to provide ANY formal communication whatsoever?
I’m not that bothered as it pretty much the norm at our club nowadays, but I’m not about to start to give the new board any more breathing space than the old just because they now got a number of mates that post on this forum who seem to do nothing but pander to defend everything.
As far as I’m concerned there’s work to be done to prove that they are more effective than the old regime. I’ve seen good and bad so far.
As for anyone who is stating that the board are too busy to issue a quick comms update on the website, but also advocating that we should phone them up directly…..whit?…

8 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Aye that’s what I’ll do. f**k me 🤯.

If you can’t see why fans would be disappointed to have not heard from our new board and to see Gary Holt still employed by the club a month into this new dawn then we’ll just leave this here 👍🏻

There is obviously a reason Holts still here, but I doubt you are going to get an answer to someones employment, so I wouldn't hold your breath. 

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

9a834ab7cdc2e4258954a7f582f13827.jpg
Airdrie winning and Montrose leading. Already looking a forlorn hope to make the promotion playoffs given the gap that’s emerging….

Dumbarton and East fife losing are fantastic results for us. We aren’t near to being a playoff team. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

For what it’s worth I have been told that the shambles that the new BoD inherited from Deans and friends was far, far worse than anything that had been anticipated.

Reasonable to assume the new lads are rather busy trying to get FFC back to being a reasonably functioning organisation.

In the circumstances I can see why there has been a perceived lack of communication and I would suggest that the club should issue a “holding” statement informing the fans that it has been all hands on deck trying to clear up the mess that they have been left with and that more information will be forthcoming but a wee bit patience would be appreciated.

Is that the board that the Rawlins had said were the most professional they have ever worked with!? 

What a disappointment those 2 turned out to be! 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but most of our board were elected by fans to represent them on the board but you don’t think they need to provide ANY formal communication whatsoever?
I’m not that bothered as it pretty much the norm at our club nowadays, but I’m not about to start to give the new board any more breathing space than the old just because they now got a number of mates that post on this forum who seem to do nothing but pander to defend everything.
As far as I’m concerned there’s work to be done to prove that they are more effective than the old regime. I’ve seen good and bad so far.
As for anyone who is stating that the board are too busy to issue a quick comms update on the website, but also advocating that we should phone them up directly…..whit?…

I've not seen anyone try and defend, what I've seen is Shadwell try and give sensible replies to people who seem to be moaning about things that are rumours or want something to happen via a forum.

You are absolutely clueless if you think you are going to get an answer on here to them though.

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

For what it’s worth I have been told that the shambles that the new BoD inherited from Deans and friends was far, far worse than anything that had been anticipated.

Reasonable to assume the new lads are rather busy trying to get FFC back to being a reasonably functioning organisation.

In the circumstances I can see why there has been a perceived lack of communication and I would suggest that the club should issue a “holding” statement informing the fans that it has been all hands on deck trying to clear up the mess that they have been left with and that more information will be forthcoming but a wee bit patience would be appreciated.

Yes, I’ve heard that as well and I understand that some of the board members are expending lots of time and effort in trying to sort some ‘ basic’ things out.

I've not seen anyone try and defend, what I've seen is Shadwell try and give sensible replies to people who seem to be moaning about things that are rumours or want something to happen via a forum.
You are absolutely clueless if you think you are going to get an answer on here to them though.

Well so far I’ve gathered a lot more information on here that I have from my club, that for sure…

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

and what is it?

Eh?

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Well so far I’ve gathered a lot more information on here that I have from my club, that for sure…

And you would get more if you go and ask or email them, they have put themselves more out there than I have seen so far.

It's the usual moans from people who never go to Q&A's, forums or whatever as they are too busy, but want someone else to ask the question for them every time. Take time off here and go and speak to people you might find it more useful.

And you would get more if you go and ask or email them, they have put themselves more out there than I have seen so far.
It's the usual moans from people who never go to Q&A's, forums or whatever as they are too busy, but want someone else to ask the question for them every time. Take time off here and go and speak to people you might find it more useful.

I’ve been to Q and As AND asked questions so this is just more nonsense.
However, you do rightly raise a point that many of us don’t stay in the local vicinity so rely on our OFFICIAL website for updates. However I can see now that you need to be a member of FSS to get an update from our board….

What is the playoff system in place for this league?
Is it 2nd to 5th playing to see who gets a crack at 2nd bottom of the Championship or is it 2nd to 4th and 2nd bottom in a Semi and Final?

Second bottom of championship plays 4th and second play 3rd in two semi finals.

Guest TedCrilly

Looking at the current table is absolutely depressing. What a f’king mess Deans, Holt etc have left us in. I can’t imagine any sane player will fancy joining us. Is it a case of saving the cash to spend on next season now? 

Edited by TedCrilly

I

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

To me you're giving them a whole lot less breathing space than Deans crew. I don't recall anywhere near as many folk on here calling for statements etc 4 weeks into their tenure.