The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

In-person.

Regardless of anyone's view that is not an option for some in these times but folk still want to have an interest in club matters.

Bloody hell do you want them to phone everyone that couldn't make it for a quick chat and answer any questions asked of them. The opportunity was there for any fan to attend.  Perhaps if you contact them and said you couldn't make it but would like to meet them than they'd arrange something for you.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think what the board are forgetting here is the most important stakeholders are their customers.
As one of those I feel we have been pretty much blanked since the new guys came in.
We all get that there are issues to address, but if you or the board don’t understand that getting the fans on board and aligned is not one of the most important of all, then they are heading in the wrong direction…..

Blanked even though they held an open meet the board event that anyone could attend and where any questions could be asked?

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Bloody hell do you want them to phone everyone that couldn't make it for a quick chat and answer any questions asked of them. The opportunity was there for any fan to attend.  Perhaps if you contact them and said you couldn't make it but would like to meet them than they'd arrange something for you.

No I think we’d like something put out to all fans. Not a 1-1 chat, not a meeting in a pub just a simple update that is accessible to all fans. Not sure what you are finding difficult about that?

2 hours ago, Brockers61 said:

I've heard that the new Board are giving serious consideration to not appointing a Chairman at all, any decisions taken by the Board will be by a consensus of views. Not sure how many Board members there are but if an odd number it would always mean a decisive vote one way or the other. If an even number resulting in a tied vote then presumably they would discuss until a majority decision is arrive at? 

For any meetings with SFA etc where the club needs to be represented then a board member would be nominated to attend. 

Not sure how the above scenario would work in practice - as others have said it would be good to get a statement outlining how they intend to operate.  

If this is indeed the intention I quite like it and could probably run with this, especially when the FSS have elected it’s two permanent members onto the board. 

Just now, JulioBairn said:

No I think we’d like something put out to all fans. Not a 1-1 chat, not a meeting in a pub just a simple update that is accessible to all fans. Not sure what you are finding difficult about that?

I am if there is currently nothing to update fans about. Surely it's better to wait till plans are finalised before releasing statements. Some people seem to want the bod to release statements even if they tell you feck all. I simply don't see the point in that at all. 

I am if there is currently nothing to update fans about. Surely it's better to wait till plans are finalised before releasing statements. Some people seem to want the bod to release statements even if they tell you feck all. I simply don't see the point in that at all. 

If after 4 weeks they haven’t found anything that needs addressing, I genuinely am concerned.
It’s not about having all the answers at this stage but communicate with the fans re what you think needs to be fixed and the planned next steps. Give the fans some confidence that you know what you are doing and we are finally on the right track.
It really isn’t that difficult.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Can we makeup our mind whether that was an FSS or an official Board communications?…

It was both as all off them were present, FSS reps and new BOD (apart from Bateman who was unwell) circulating the room taking questions from fans. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's been training with us for months so must have bumped into Holt regularly and I would presume has been training properly with the rest of our squad.  Should be easy enough to integrate him back into the first team. He can sign for whoever he wants in the summer but we're still paying his wages or majority of them at least since the summer till then so would be crazy to be doing that and not using him. I'm not suggesting we should be blocking him playing for them today I'm suggesting it would've been better to have his loan deal ending before the window opened.

Was in the cafe at TFS a few weeks ago around 1pm and Dowds, Wilson and most of the players came in for lunch. In addition, Holt was sitting at the same table as Dowds and they were all conversing in a very harmonious manner.

Just a factual observation.

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If after 4 weeks they haven’t found anything that needs addressing, I genuinely am concerned.
It’s not about having all the answers at this stage but communicate with the fans re what you think needs to be fixed and the planned next steps. Give the fans some confidence that you know what you are doing and we are finally on the right track.
It really isn’t that difficult.

They joined the bod on the 7th of December. By the 10th they had appointed a new manager, by the 16th they had got rid of Grainger and appointed Kenny miller as his replacement and had an open meeting with fans to introduce themselves and answer any questions.  We've had two weeks since that last meeting where I would expect all their time has been put into sorting out the many issues at hand left by the previous mob and agreeing budgets with the manager I would expect an update to appear in the near future but I'm not losing the plot because they haven't said anything regarding future plans for a fortnight.

15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

It was both as all off them were present, FSS reps and new BOD (apart from Bateman who was unwell) circulating the room taking questions from fans. 

It was advertised on the falkirkfc Twitter feed for everyone to see.

47 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

And why was he hanging about one minute and then suddenly on the morning of the AGM changed his mind totally and resigned. It certainly wasn't of his choosing I can guarantee you that . Security boy was Deans highered hand who was raking up shite on fans to discredit them. Thankfully no longer an employee of the club.

Think creating lies and trying to intimidate fans is a more accurate description! 

Like you say though thankfully no longer at the club, nor are those who set up that sham of a process. 

5 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Did they not phone Roman or Julio directly, better tell your pals on this new board this isn't acceptable please or I won't give money to FSS.

Great laugh 👏🏼👏🏼.

I knew all about this event but couldn’t make it. Just wondered if I get to know anything that’s going on at the club or if it’s only the 30 folk that turned up that get that privilege. 

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Great laugh 👏🏼👏🏼.

I knew all about this event but couldn’t make it. Just wondered if I get to know anything that’s going on at the club or if it’s only the 30 folk that turned up that get that privilege. 

Noones preventing you asking them yourself. Give them a phone or email them. It's not that difficult.

For what it’s worth I have been told that the shambles that the new BoD inherited from Deans and friends was far, far worse than anything that had been anticipated.

Reasonable to assume the new lads are rather busy trying to get FFC back to being a reasonably functioning organisation.

In the circumstances I can see why there has been a perceived lack of communication and I would suggest that the club should issue a “holding” statement informing the fans that it has been all hands on deck trying to clear up the mess that they have been left with and that more information will be forthcoming but a wee bit patience would be appreciated.