The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds starting for Arbroath today anyway. He better not get crocked. Absolutely ludicrous decision to have him playing for another club once the window is open. 

Could be there are background talks about Arbroath signing him. Would explain the logic of the decision of him playing today.

If its not then questions need answered

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Could be there are background talks about Arbroath signing him. Would explain the logic of the decision of him playing today.

Why do questions need answered?

Contract ends in 6th so he plays on 2nd. 

Do you understand that simplicity or do you want me to break it down into smaller bite size chunks for you?

13 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He'll either be back with us or back out on loan to them. If it's not the former them serious questions have to be asked as he can play for us at least for the next few games and then if the managent doesn't fancy him he can still get punted back to them on loan. No way Arbroath though will be signing him as a full time player though. Who is he going to train with during the day himself? Never mind the full time wages and transfer fee.  Perhaps that may change at the end of the season if he can get himself another  job but I would think he'd be looking to continue full time elsewhere.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest TedCrilly

Dowds loan was agreed until that date back at the start of the season when the club wanted rid of him. Most loans seem to end around then which I assume protects Arbroath and gives them a chance to find a replacement if required. They are 100% entitled to play him today and we shouldn’t be blocking it. I’m really not sure what brought on the hysteria over this. 

If I were Dowds I’d want nothing to do with the club and if that’s the case I’d look to move him on permanently. Absolutely no use having an unhappy player within the group. After Holts comments in the Q&A I’d much rather have a pop at winning the championship than a few months battling relegation in League 1.

Edited by TedCrilly

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

The board and the FSS are distinct entities though, aren't they? 

I think it unreasonable for the club to sub-contract dissemination of information to an external group who's membership is small but thankfully growing. 

Fans have already paid once to the club and not twice via membership for basic info.

Anyone could attend though so I don't quite get your point here?

1 minute ago, TedCrilly said:

Dowds loan was agreed until that date back at the start of the season when the club wanted rid of him. Most loans seem to end around then which I assume protects Arbroath and gives them a chance to find a replacement if required. They are 100% entitled to play him today and we shouldn’t be blocking it, really not sure what the hysteria over this is. 

If I were Dowds I’d want nothing to do with the club and if that’s the case I’d look to move him on permanently. Absolutely no use having an unhappy player within the group. After Holts comments in the Q&A I’d much rather have a pop at winning the championship than a few months battling relegation in League 1.

He's been training with us for months so must have bumped into Holt regularly and I would presume has been training properly with the rest of our squad.  Should be easy enough to integrate him back into the first team. He can sign for whoever he wants in the summer but we're still paying his wages or majority of them at least since the summer till then so would be crazy to be doing that and not using him. I'm not suggesting we should be blocking him playing for them today I'm suggesting it would've been better to have his loan deal ending before the window opened.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

The creation of a chairman is often the start of creating the bogey man. Haters need a name to hate ie Ritchie,Lang,Deans etc. Who would want to be the arch villain?

Plenty of Chairmen get good reputations - usually the ones who do a good job. The ones you list well………

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Do we need really any more info on the new bod members other than that put on the website detailing their backgrounds when they were first appointed though? Do we really need a statement reiterating the fact that a chairman will be appointed in due course? I'm sure the immediate plans will be set out clearly once they have been finalised. I for one can cope without the usual we're going to do our best drivel and wait for some real news on the way forward .  They've not been in the door a month yet , have already appointed a brand new management team and have punted MacFarlane and the odious security boy hanging about the club intimidating folk.  The rest will come all in good time or people will quite rightly criticise but I don't think less than a month in is the right time for that.

I believe that Colin McFarlane resigned, the BOD didn't 'punt' him. Who's the security boy?

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m still struggling to get used to this new Shadwell that defends everything the new board do (or rather don’t do).
Changed times on here…..

I'm just not willing to give them a kicking until they deserve it. They  need to get things moving quickly yes but at less than a month in situ it's far too early to start. If results don't improve though I'll be as critical as anyone. Let's see what the next few weeks brings though .

27 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Dowds loan was agreed until that date back at the start of the season when the club wanted rid of him. Most loans seem to end around then which I assume protects Arbroath and gives them a chance to find a replacement if required. They are 100% entitled to play him today and we shouldn’t be blocking it. I’m really not sure what brought on the hysteria over this. 

Which would entail him leaving a full time job for a part time one.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm just not willing to give them a kicking until they deserve it. They  need to get things moving quickly yes but at less than a month in situ it's far too early to start. If results don't improve though I'll be as critical as anyone. Let's see what the next few weeks brings though .

Holt still here? They deserve it.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I believe that Colin McFarlane resigned, the BOD didn't 'punt' him. Who's the security boy?

And why was he hanging about one minute and then suddenly on the morning of the AGM changed his mind totally and resigned. It certainly wasn't of his choosing I can guarantee you that . Security boy was Deans highered hand who was raking up shite on fans to discredit them. Thankfully no longer an employee of the club.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I think what the board are forgetting here is the most important stakeholders are their customers.
As one of those I feel we have been pretty much blanked since the new guys came in.
We all get that there are issues to address, but if you or the board don’t understand that getting the fans on board and aligned is not one of the most important of all, then they are heading in the wrong direction…..

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Anyone could attend though so I don't quite get your point here?

In-person.

Regardless of anyone's view that is not an option for some in these times but folk still want to have an interest in club matters.