The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

Cast iron my foot! He’s an employee of company, 99.9% of companies would not hesitate to get shot of someone in this situation. It’s nothing like a players contract and will not have any time frame like ‘5 year deal’ or a certain date of expiry. The length of service means he has only limited employment rights and there are many ways to handle this if the club board wanted him out. 

Maybe it’s in progress but of course maybe the board are content with his presence. 

Who knows what his contract says. Neither you nor I know. Again why not contact the bod and ask why he hasn't been sacked if it concerns you that much just now?  I can only go with my gut feeling knowing the individuals involved that there is a reason why he's still there.  It's an easy win if you punt him so there must be other things at play here. KJ managed to sniff out Mark Campbell after 5 mins of speaking to him so he's not going to let anyone rip the piss.

Guest Back Post Misses
36 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree it's too soon to be writing off the board but the lack of communication has been surprising.  

I'm not talking about making statements re Goodwillie, but about basic stuff.  Who they are, what the immediate plans are, when a chairman will be appointed, the fact McFarlane has gone etc.  

I don't know any of the board members but it doesn't feel like someone like Nigel Serafini (for example) is going to have a huge amount of time on his hands to be MD of Lothian Buses and also putting time and effort into getting things moving at Falkirk.  Do they all have full time jobs outside FFC?  Some basic info would be welcome even if it's just an overview of who they are and how they'll work.  

Also - I think every fans hope was that the first action would be to empty Holt and its concerning that he's still here.  Martin Rennie himself has admitted that players are already lined up and that work was well underway prior to him coming in - I don't dispute R&M will have the final say but if everyone presented as an option is sh*te or Holt can't agree deals with any decent ones then we're in the shit.  

They held an open meeting before Christmas and the FSS put out quite a detailed email about what was happening at the club. So if you wanted to know more and meet these guys you had the opportunity. 

All the talk about Gary Holt is mind numbing. 

He’s here until the end of the transfer window at the very least. 

Its time to get over the fact and stop the constant whining. 

Also don’t forget that MR/KM are little more than employees on a short term contract. 

The new board seem to be on their holidays. They might be back next week. 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds starting for Arbroath today anyway. He better not get crocked. Absolutely ludicrous decision to have him playing for another club once the window is open. 

Would you be saying the same if he was still shite. 

There’s no way he’ll be returning anyway. No one volunteers to take such a big step down. 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds starting for Arbroath today anyway. He better not get crocked. Absolutely ludicrous decision to have him playing for another club once the window is open. 

Sackable offence in my opinion. Is that a valid reason?

3 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

Would you be saying the same if he was still shite. 

There’s no way he’ll be returning anyway. No one volunteers to take such a big step down. 

Volunteers? He doesn't have any choice . We are his employers so he does what we tell him till the summer.  Whether he's shite or no shite his loan spell should've finished on the 31st of December. Volunteers Jesus wept.

Volunteers? He doesn't have any choice . We are his employers so he does what we tell him till the summer.  Whether he's shite or no shite his loan spell should've finished on the 31st of December. Volunteers Jesus wept.
Troll account mate.

Troll account.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If he is made to return then he doesn’t need to bother his arse. He will still get paid.

He might not want the attention either as he’s going to stand out like a Ronaldo in that team. 

Jesus wept indeed. It’s not slavery. 

1 minute ago, Biggestbairn said:

If he is made to return then he doesn’t need to bother his arse. He will still get paid.

He might not want the attention either as he’s going to stand out like a Ronaldo in that team. 

Jesus wept indeed. It’s not slavery. 

He's still shite just not as shite as some of the others.

Guest Ecosse83
27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He’s contracted with them until the end of today. What do you want us to do? 

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They held an open meeting before Christmas and the FSS put out quite a detailed email about what was happening at the club. So if you wanted to know more and meet these guys you had the opportunity. 

The board and the FSS are distinct entities though, aren't they? 

I think it unreasonable for the club to sub-contract dissemination of information to an external group who's membership is small but thankfully growing. 

Fans have already paid once to the club and not twice via membership for basic info.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Blame Me said:

The board and the FSS are distinct entities though, aren't they? 

I think it unreasonable for the club to sub-contract dissemination of information to an external group who's membership is small but thankfully growing. 

Fans have already paid once to the club and not twice via membership for basic info.

It was an open meeting to all fans