The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

AIUI, that one line in the Daily R****d prompted Raith fans to contact their representative who took their views to the board and a major sponsor reacted to the one line by making it clear she did not want the rapist in shirts with her name on them. Raith - through fans and sponsor(s) - reacted quickly to quash the rumour.  

Val McDermid posting on social media is a wee bit different to the club issuing a statement though.

I appreciate they have a lot to sort out but I am disappointed with the lack of communication so far from the new board.

Frankly I’d have thought they’d be desperate to introduce themselves as soon as possible and lay out their intentions etc but so far we’ve barely heard a peep. Especially as we’re heading into another transfer window with Holt either still leading recruitment or being paid not to carry out his role- neither scenario is acceptable surely.

I’m not saying this is the case, but we can’t have a situation where mates of patrons and board members are the only ones with access to information while everyone else is left in the dark.

It wouldn’t be hard for that impression to form when you have a board that is meant to be balanced, but in actuality all the directors as far as I can see are patrons, even the ones nominally representing a different group.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

What was he convicted for? Answer, nothing. It was a civil action.
where he denied but was found as not a reliable witness seen by the comment on the accuser. If he sees nought wrong well that is a problem. Taking advantage of a drunk lassie does not seem to matter That's why a lot of women just fail to report. Proof is often impossible unless the perpetrator admits

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Holt could serve up 100 players is R&M don’t want any they won’t sign them. 

So he was an ex-Livingston player - so what? He played against us for Dunfermline in a bounce game before the Clyde game and stood out I believe. No Holt input. 

Had been training with Dunfermline for three weeks and apparently in line for a contract.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I appreciate they have a lot to sort out but I am disappointed with the lack of communication so far from the new board.

Frankly I’d have thought they’d be desperate to introduce themselves as soon as possible and lay out their intentions etc but so far we’ve barely heard a peep. Especially as we’re heading into another transfer window with Holt either still leading recruitment or being paid not to carry out his role- neither scenario is acceptable surely.

I’m not saying this is the case, but we can’t have a situation where mates of patrons and board members are the only ones with access to information while everyone else is left in the dark.

It wouldn’t be hard for that impression to form when you have a board that is meant to be balanced, but in actuality all the directors as far as I can see are patrons, even the ones nominally representing a different group.

The new bod need to get in take stock , sort out the mess and ensure the manager can sign some players asap. I'm afraid doing a my name is Keith Gourlay and my favourite food is Chinese article on the website is not exactly at the top of their agenda. We need to be patient whilst they get their feet under the table properly.

BPM has already stated that he is a patron but knows nothing more than anyone else on here so I'm not sure what you mean by some folk having more info than others. The directors are bound by confidentiality clauses just like any other board .  The days of Andy Thomson leaking things here their and everywhere are over I would hope.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The new bod need to get in take stock , sort out the mess and ensure the manager can sign some players asap. I'm afraid doing a my name is Keith Gourlay and my favourite food is Chinese article on the website is not exactly at the top of their agenda. We need to be patient whilst they get their feet under the table properly.

BPM has already stated that he is a patron but knows nothing more than anyone else on here so I'm not sure what you mean by some folk having more info than others. The directors are bound by confidentiality clauses just like any other board .  The days of Andy Thomson leaking things here their and everywhere are over I would hope.

Do we have a chairman?

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I took him more for an Saanam man myself. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Do we have a chairman?

Not yet and I can't say I'm surprised at present. Poisoned chalice of a job that's for sure. Only bonus being that after Ritchie, Henderson, Lang, Lex and then Deans there's feck all to live up to at least. Probably playing russian roulette to see who gets it 

If you spread rumours you are a blabber mouth.
If you don't past on everything you are secretive. Glad I am not an FFC director

2 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

The new board seem capable of taking us to a new level of unprofessional behaviour.

misogyny and no communication.

they are like a golf club committee from the 70s.

You are basing this stuff on Christ knows what, but as someone who has had a fair bit of “up close and personal” with the old Board and the new Board, here’s my take based on fact, not “seems like”.

In terms of “unprofessional behaviour”, the old Board were in a class of their own…..perhaps not all, but definitely the ones pulling the strings. To make out that the new Board is potentially worse because they haven’t made a statement relating to Goodwillie (thus making them women haters in your book) is cringeworthy in the extreme.

It won’t fit with the profile you are trying to create, but my fact is this….where the old Board front men sought to lie and  intimidate, the new Board took a diametrically opposite path with a very different outcome.

They are not even a month in the door, and the pelters have begun. Sweet Jesus.

I agree you can't judge the new board on much as they're hardly in the door. They've appointed a new management team though.
That said, it wouldn't be that difficult to put out a statement with their intentions, even if the plan is to spend some time evaluating the club before deciding on a direction/appointing a chairman etc. Think it'd help the fans keep some faith and also improve the communication between the club and fans.
Difficult to overstate how badly the fans have been let down by the club in recent years so understandable why there's very little goodwill to whoever is in charge.

9 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
9 hours ago, Ontovictory said:
Nah, it takes balls to stand up on this forum and say "you don't really understand what you're talking about"

Unfortunately I know a lot more than I can say

Unless you know that he was found guilty of a criminal charge then what you can't say is as pertinent as what you have already said.

For what it is worth, I think that he did what he was accused of bit he is still not a rapist in the legal sense.

I know there was a rumour last summer that we were trying to sign him and if we had then I would still be supporting the club.  The decision makers are custodians of the club and would deserve every criticism that came their way.  Supporters of a football team are supporting the team, not the morals of the players.

After the last few years, not in the least bit concerned that there is little communication coming out the club. As said the new guys are only weeks in and will have there work cut out with the new management team, existing  players contracts and loans /transfers. 
Let’s give the guys a bloody chance.

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

His name comes up during every bloody transfer window. Should the board have to come out every transfer window and say and by the way we aren't signing goodwillie this window either? It's nonsense. Theres been what one mention of us monitoring the situation in the bloody daily record and that's been about it . It's hardly been flooding the media. As usual though one mention by a dodgy tabloid and some fans are foaming at the mouth.  I'd rather that instead of putting something out about the goodwillie signing that we actually signed a bloody decent striker as that would put it to bed anyway.

You need to add in all the names spouted for being seen in Benny T's as well by the way..

Can just see it now "Falkirk Football Club would like to address the rumour and speculation surrounding dwight yorke being seen in Benny Ts and say its sh*te"

Pretty sure the media team have better things to do than commenting on every internet rumour regarding the club.