The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t think releasing statements to address internet rumours is a good use of the club’s time. 

When there’s something to report on the signing front the club will report it.
Generally, I think we need to get more from the new board in the direction of travel but this Goodwillie shit just needs ignored. Rubbish.

We both agree (for once) that it’s time the club came out with something on future strategy.
However it takes about 5 mins to shut down negative publicity but the club haven’t done it which only allows the rumour to grow arms and legs and keep alive the possibility that’s it’s not just a rumour after all…..

7 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Didn't Gary Holt say we weren't signing him at the Q&A? 

About the only decent thing he did say that full night. 

What the guy who ‘has nothing to do with our recruitment’. Risky business putting your trust in his word 😂

9 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Didn't Gary Holt say we weren't signing him at the Q&A? 

About the only decent thing he did say that full night. 

Yes he did, so that should be there on YouTube.

27 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Becoming quite concerned about this new board and the bright new dawn all being rather much more like same old, same old tbh. 

I think Rennie was a good appointment, but Holt still being around and them being a bit too quiet considering our position is a growing concern. 

The new board seem capable of taking us to a new level of unprofessional behaviour.

misogyny and no communication.

they are like a golf club committee from the 70s.

The new board seem capable of taking us to a new level of unprofessional behaviour.

I do understand@Hughsie view about not fanning the flames of publicity.
But this is an exceptional situation, not just another average signing rumour.
I thought we were in the process of trying to sell some half season tickets for example…..

His name comes up during every bloody transfer window. Should the board have to come out every transfer window and say and by the way we aren't signing goodwillie this window either? It's nonsense. Theres been what one mention of us monitoring the situation in the bloody daily record and that's been about it . It's hardly been flooding the media. As usual though one mention by a dodgy tabloid and some fans are foaming at the mouth.  I'd rather that instead of putting something out about the goodwillie signing that we actually signed a bloody decent striker as that would put it to bed anyway.

4 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

I wonder which ex-Board member (or pal of) this is.

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I worked in Criminal Justice for a time and I am really passionate about people being rehabilitated. To do that you must accept your crime and work towards never repeating it.
In the case of DGW he does not feel he has done anything to be remorseful for which is completely different. A big no no no from me.

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I worked in Criminal Justice for a time and I am really passionate about people being rehabilitated. To do that you must accept your crime and work towards never repeating it.
In the case of DGW he does not feel he has done anything to be remorseful for which is completely different. A big no no no from me.

What was he convicted for? Answer, nothing. It was a civil action.

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

I wonder which ex-Board member (or pal of) this is.

Simply not true.

what has impressed you about the new regime?

No pre-match interviews. Nothing from our CEO (other than personal political views). Radio silence.

serious question - where do you see improvement?

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We both agree (for once) that it’s time the club came out with something on future strategy.
However it takes about 5 mins to shut down negative publicity but the club haven’t done it which only allows the rumour to grow arms and legs and keep alive the possibility that’s it’s not just a rumour after all…..

What "negative publicity"? You'd think our alleged interest in Goodwillie was all over the media. It was literally one line in some speculative, quote-free tabloid nonsense that had Raith Rovers as the frontrunners to sign him. Nothing even remotely worthy of a response from the club. A quick glance at their thread or official website and it doesn't seem to be a thing at all. No discussion about the morality of his signing. No demands for RR to issue a formal denial. Just a statement on the official website about signings, contract renewals, players leaving. Basically a club seeming to be going about their business in a reasonably professional manner, and by f**k I wish we'd get this Goodwillie nonsense in the bin once and for all and start addressing the deep-rooted problems that we are drowning in, because there's more than enough of them at the moment without all of this utter garbage. Move on.

and by f**k I wish we'd get this Goodwillie nonsense in the bin once and for all and start addressing the deep-rooted problems that we are drowning in, because there's more than enough of them at the moment without all of this utter garbage. Move on.

Hmm, I wonder how we could do that?…

10 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Simply not true.

what has impressed you about the new regime?

No pre-match interviews. Nothing from our CEO (other than personal political views). Radio silence.

serious question - where do you see improvement?

Theyve only been in the door 5 mins FFS and the place has been left in  a complete shambles. They need to sort that out as well as ensure that the manager has a budget to bring in players to prevent us getting relegated.  Let them get on with the job and then see what the results are like before giving them pelters. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Certainly not by issuing some nonsensical statement in response to one line in a tabloid newspaper article.

AIUI, that one line in the Daily R****d prompted Raith fans to contact their representative who took their views to the board and a major sponsor reacted to the one line by making it clear she did not want the rapist in shirts with her name on them. Raith - through fans and sponsor(s) - reacted quickly to quash the rumour.