The Falkirk FC Thread

I have a bad feeling we will be signing Goodwillie,had a message from a mate earlier who has been told to expect a signing that will divide the support.

Tbf Goodwillie won’t divide the support as much as absolutely decimate it.

I’m out if we sign that disgusting rapist.

25 minutes ago, Russ said:

I’m actually not convinced that’s the case, using social media or online forums as a guide isn’t a fair reflection. Most people /other fans I’ve chatted to tend to be open to the idea (to an extent)but wouldn’t put it out there to be shot down in an online platform. Im actually very on the fence with it as I can see the arguments both for and against, does a ex criminal post conviction/sentence deserve to be punished for the rest of his or her life indefinitely and actively prohibited from earning a living / contributing to society in some way? On the other hand the nature of said crime in this case is so disgusting you also can’t blame people for holding a long term grudge or not wanting to be associated to an individual with Goodwillies past. I’d like to know if Clyde for example actually took any hit in season ticket sales or overall gates after singing him, was there a genuine majority of fans so outraged they refused to go back or in reality was it more likely a very small percentage who no doubt loudly voiced they’re opposition on online platforms such as this? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

If you’re genuinely willing to actively cheer for and support a rapist just because the football team you support might score some goals and win some games then there’s something severely wrong with you.

Guest TedCrilly
23 minutes ago, Russ said:

Yep I’m also of this opinion. I would be finding a Junior or Lowland league club to support until he and the board left. It really would be a dark day in the clubs history, imo.

Edited by TedCrilly

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That will be bad if that happens. Personally, I don’t think the new board would be as stupid.

They have kept Holt on haven't they. Now that is fucking stupid. If Goodwillie signs he signs he'll get us goals BUT is our support not divided anyway? He'll divide a support whoever he signs for. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

They have kept Holt on haven't they. Now that is fucking stupid. If Goodwillie signs he signs he'll get us goals BUT is our support not divided anyway? He'll divide a support whoever he signs for. 

Your point about Holt is valid however signing somebody with DG’s history is another issue entirely.

I don’t give a flying f**k about any other teams support mate.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Compared a rapist to a shite sporting director (or whatever his job title is). Deary me.

TBF most of our signings have divided support as but more as in that's a good signing or not good enough and totally underwhelming the latter 2 being the ones used more.

I think the majority support have made their feelings known on the Goodwillie issue and that  there is no way they would be that stupid to do something like that and also didn't one of the Clyde supporters say there would need to be a fee for him to sign so I think whoever is spouting it is talking sh*te

24 minutes ago, Russ said:

If you’re genuinely willing to actively cheer for and support a rapist just because the football team you support might score some goals and win some games then there’s something severely wrong with you.

I had a genuine heads gone reading some of the comments on Facebook the other day about the potential signing. I can see me having another 8 year hiatus if this materialises. 

I worked in Criminal Justice for a time and I am really passionate about people being rehabilitated. To do that you must accept your crime and work towards never repeating it.
In the case of DGW he does not feel he has done anything to be remorseful for which is completely different. A big no no no from me.

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

TBF most of our signings have divided support as but more as in that's a good signing or not good enough and totally underwhelming the latter 2 being the ones used more.

I think the majority support have made their feelings known on the Goodwillie issue and that  there is no way they would be that stupid to do something like that and also didn't one of the Clyde supporters say there would need to be a fee for him to sign so I think whoever is spouting it is talking sh*te

Could you imagine if the board took the gamble and signed him and he ended up being utter shit. They’d have ruined the club completely. 

Regarding the fee, there may be a clause in his contract that means he can leave if he gets offered full time football, which would make him more appealing for some clubs. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Any idea the score in that game?

Did I not hear it was 1-1, sure Rennie mentioned it in an interview 

29 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Regarding the fee, there may be a clause in his contract that means he can leave if he gets offered full time football, which would make him more appealing for some clubs. 

Don’t think this is the case as Livingston tried to sign him a couple of years ago but a fee couldn’t be agreed

I am surprised Falkirk has never tried to sign him as he would guarantee you promotion but take the point that fans would be against it due to his history 

How many would be against it I don’t know and an online forum wouldn’t be the place to judge as usually a small minority online that kick up a fuss about things online

I know that there were Clyde fans who were against signing him at the start and MSP John Mason said he wouldn’t be back until he left the club (but he been back at games for a while now)

Personally I have just judged him as player as he was found guilty and paid his debt to society as was determined.

He is by far the best player have seen in 40 years as a Clyde fan and would be disappointed if he left

Suppose it depends on how much he really wants to move as understand he is on a big wage and would be disappointed if we didn’t look for a fee of £75k plus which is going to put most of clubs in Scotland out of the picture as he still has 18 months on his contract