The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you really really believe he is telling Rennie and Miller who they have to sign ? 

Obviously Rennie gets the final say but Holt & Corzo seem to still be offering up potential candidates which is worrying as they thought Brad Mckay was good enough to get a three year deal. Doesn't fill anyone with confidence when Rennie's first signing is an ex Livingston player Holt worked with.

We'll just have to wait and see what the rest of January brings, hopefully Rennie's got more targets in mind without having to pick from the pile of shite Holt dishes up.

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Obviously Rennie gets the final say but Holt & Corzo seem to still be offering up potential candidates which is worrying as they thought Brad Mckay was good enough to get a three year deal. Doesn't fill anyone with confidence when Rennie's first signing is an ex Livingston player Holt worked with.

We'll just have to wait and see what the rest of January brings, hopefully Rennie's got more targets in mind without having to pick from the pile of shite Holt dishes up.

Holt could serve up 100 players is R&M don’t want any they won’t sign them. 

So he was an ex-Livingston player - so what? He played against us for Dunfermline in a bounce game before the Clyde game and stood out I believe. No Holt input. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So he was an ex-Livingston player - so what? He played against us for Dunfermline in a bounce game before the Clyde game and stood out I believe. No Holt input. 

Well that's much more reassuring. 

I really don’t like Gary holt, but at the same time I really doubt he is making these signings behind the managers backs. The pre-contracts that came in at the start of the may have been him, but I believe M&M had already been given the boot.

I would think it would be more a joint effort off looking at and suggesting potential signings between R&M and Holt, then holt goes out and just does the dirty contract work.

So, fingers crossed it “should” mean that these signings this summer aren’t solely holts doing. But holt is on thin ice if these players aren’t good enough, as he does have some responsibility.

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well that's much more reassuring. 

There is a hysteria about this - understandable considering his record. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because he's still in a job when the majority of our signings from the summer were gash. Obviously it's up to R&M to fob off the shite he now provides but we're all aware now of the callibre of players he's putting forward hence the hysteria.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Any idea the score in that game?

Arbroath have just got Jack Hamilton in on loan. Suspect that guarantees that Dowds isn’t going back to them 

Not really. Joel Nouble has went back to Livi and Hamilton is in to replace him.

Should be pretty much a given however that Dowds will be back with us.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Do you really really believe he is telling Rennie and Miller who they have to sign ? 

I sincerely hope that Taylor-Sinclair was a Holt signing. If it’s not then I’m genuinely worried that even with the change we are signing the same dross as before. However if you can confirm that Rennie signed him I’ll take your word for it.

I suppose that I was hoping that Miller might have had contacts to try and get Williamson.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

45 minutes ago, Russ said:

Not really. Joel Nouble has went back to Livi and Hamilton is in to replace him.

Should be pretty much a given however that Dowds will be back with us.

Both Nouble and Hamilton are available for tomorrow.

I haven't seen anything that makes me think that Dowds won't be included.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are perfectly valid reasons why Falkirk supporters do not want Gary Holt involved in the process of recruiting players, in fact do not want Gary Holt involved in the football club in any capacity whatsoever. And such a viewpoint sure as hell isn't "hysteria", or anything even approaching it.

28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Anyone know if any of the injured players are back for tomorrow's game? Lewis said on commentary last week that Mccann was hoping to be in contention but there's a fair few others.

When does Dowds loan end ? I’m assuming if it already has, he’ll go straight into the first team tomorrow never mind the squad.

I often think when players become " injured " when a new regime takes over it is more a psychological injury than a physical one. Some players don't adapt well to new approaches and I can see big changes at our club. Wait and see. Hetherington and Ruth spring to mind