The Falkirk FC Thread

Just got to hope that finally, we have reached rock bottom. P3  F1  A11  Pts0 in L1 in December surely has to be rock bottom…..unless of course, someone knows better. Please God, let no-one know better.

A Happy New Year to one and all.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I have the picture in my head of your blue shirt with white oxters, as was the fashion at the time.

Mind the 7-1 game?

Falkirk played title challengers Aberdeen at Brockville on the Saturday, Bairns won 1-0 with a George Miller pen. I was at the Watson Street end on top of my Father's shoulders in amongst thousands of Don's fans. Two days later on the Monday night, in what was the last game of the season, Airdrie hammered us 7-1. All this was in late April 1971. The photo of the Ferguson sending off was at Brockville against Hibs, that was in early '72. The navy blue "oxters" 😀 strips, were worn in season '72/'73 and they were absolutely cracking.

Would like to wish all fellow Bairns all the best for 2022.
Let’s hope we all have a good time and the Bairns roar back with a successful tenure of Rennie and Miller to catapult us back up the leagues
Have a brilliant time [emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji1634][emoji1634][emoji1634][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]

18 minutes ago, Trump said:

Happy new year fellow Bairns PnB.

First rumour of 2022, Kenny Miller is 99% not going to register as a player, unless we have a severe shortage with covid or the like. Suggests that either Dowds is coming back or they’ve something else lined up.

Hopefully Dowds and A.N Other. Ruth and McDaid punted back to Aberdeen and Dundee. And somehow get rid of Wilson.  

Just sharing this video I made for the CI account. It’s 7 second edits from of all the clips I’ve amassed in the last 2 years in order of how they appeared in my phone library(which does include other clubs).

Anyway 2022 will be a huge year for the campaign so if you haven’t been involved then please follow us as will need everyone’s help to make it as big a success as possible. 

Happy New Year to you all. Hope you have a great 2022 and with any luck this time next year we’ll be in the Championship and able to sit in the Kevin McAllister Stand. 🤞🏻

7 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Just sharing this video I made for the CI account. It’s 7 second edits from of all the clips I’ve amassed in the last 2 years in order of how they appeared in my phone library(which does include other clubs).

Anyway 2022 will be a huge year for the campaign so if you haven’t been involved then please follow us as will need everyone’s help to make it as big a success as possible. 

Happy New Year to you all. Hope you have a great 2022 and with any luck this time next year we’ll be in the Championship and able to sit in the Kevin McAllister Stand. 🤞🏻

Beautiful. I wonder how many of thsoe games I was at.... Murder when you cant remember specifics! I do vividly recall witnessing the goals from the Hearts semi and the Huntly game though, both just peak Crunchie. 

The greatest ever Bairn. 

27 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Thanks for sharing. Those of us that were lucky enough to see him play for Falkirk should be thankful every day. The boy was a genuis.

Happy new year to all my fellow Bairns.

Tony Parks, Andy Nicol, Tommy McQueen, Gary Smith, Yogi Hughes, Davie Nicholls, Kevin Mcallister, Scott McKenzie, Sammy McGivern, Simon Stainrod, Paul Rutherford- How lucky were we to see 11 like them and many others who wore the navy blue with pride. Simply provided us with everything we ever ask for as a Bairns fan - 100% effort EVERY time you pull on the shirt. My goodness, how times have changed!!

43 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Fantastic compilation, thank you!

However, did anybody else feel like me in that it made you proud to be a Bairn seeing Crunchie weaving his magic in the Navy Blue for Falkirk and him playing down south for Chelsea against top teams; yet, seeing him produce his moments of genius in the strip of another Scottish club didn't feel quite so great? Nothing against Kevin at all, you play at the highest level that you can but seeing him do it for Hibs didn't quite give me the same buzz.

But what a player and one of our own!

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fantastic compilation, thank you!

However, did anybody else feel like me in that it made you proud to be a Bairn seeing Crunchie weaving his magic in the Navy Blue for Falkirk and him playing down south for Chelsea against top teams; yet, seeing him produce his moments of genius in the strip of another Scottish club didn't feel quite so great? Nothing against Kevin at all, you play at the highest level that you can but seeing him do it for Hibs didn't quite give me the same buzz.

But what a player and one of our own!

I know exactly what you mean but just amassed what I could find. Unfortunately there is little footage of him before his last spell with the club so the Hibs stuff just shows a bit more of him in his prime. Was well loved at all clubs and even considered a legend at Albion rovers despite being in his 40s playing for them so if we do get a friendly against any of them then hopefully entices more to turn up and honour him too.

You’ll be pleased to know that I did delete the clip of him scoring against us!