The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I think our media team might be avid readers of this forum 👇🏻

markup_4988.png

Glad they put something out. Again, more like it’s been done on the back of other posts. But anyway, better late than never! 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Quite a turnaround since they massacred us just a few weeks ago.
Just emphasises even more how shite we are….

They’ll be struggling for a manager now as they’ll be seen like a hire and fire outfit….

32 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Glad they put something out. Again, more like it’s been done on the back of other posts. But anyway, better late than never! 

Absolutely spot on, the greatest manager in world football, undoubtedly, and he played for us for 4 years!!

Not a bad goal scoring record either!

I would suggest these stats would be worthy of any ex player, hitting that milestone, getting a bit recognition from the club but in this instance a little bit more given what he went on to achieve.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I seen him play for Falkirk and Ayr. He go sent off for one or the other, my memory fails at this point. I'm quite sure it was for use of his infamous elbows.

He got sent off for Falkirk.

There is a classic photo of him sheepishly walking off the pitch whilst getting the death stare from Willie Cunningham.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

There is a classic photo of him sheepishly walking off the pitch whilst getting the death stare from Willie Cunningham.

I have the picture in my head of your blue shirt with white oxters, as was the fashion at the time.

Mind the 7-1 game?

Guest Back Post Misses
23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Do you mean this one ? 

89664E5C-4E13-4C3E-B7C6-DA36E65F6AD8.jpeg

9 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Agree totally regarding the state of our media at the moment. "Bainsfordbairn" will confirm that as I chew his ear off constantly about it!! 😂

Edited to add that I`m not suggesting "Bainsfordbairn" is in any way part of the problem, far from it, very efficient at what he does. (Hope that keeps the lawyers off my back)🤞😂

I haven’t had my ears chewed for a good few weeks now, even if at one point it was incessant. Have you finally given up? 😆

You know my feelings. I agree with you about a few things but I have no power to change them other than making suggestions.  And the two lads who work part-time in the media roles have become friends so I’m not going to criticise them. Particularly as I know both do more than they get paid for. Which is a common trait amongst background staff. As an example, when I spoke to Jamie on Tuesday at the Junior Bairns event he said he’d told all the staff to take this week off, yet stories are still going up.

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Was that against Airdrie?. My memory is of Broomfield, midweek and the early 70s shirt design.

I dare say he got sent off more than once though.

Aberdeen at home if I remember right

I have a Fergie memory of a game versus the Shire when we scored six, with Fergie getting a hat trick. I think he also had a hat trick of disallowed goals that day too. Again, a very long time ago.