The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Nothing wrong with thanking them. I'd thank any club profusely that is willing to take him for any length of time no matter how long or short.  It's a miracle anyone is interested.

It`s the "thanks for your co-operation in making this move possible" I`m not getting. That would be what I expected to read if it was Dowds returning from Arbroath. "Co-operation" would suggest that you were keen to get him back?? I`m going to assume they meant the original loan move to Elgin and it`s just a poorly worded statement.

4 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

It`s the "thanks for your co-operation in making this move possible" I`m not getting. That would be what I expected to read if it was Dowds returning from Arbroath. "Co-operation" would suggest that you were keen to get him back?? I`m going to assume they meant the original loan move to Elgin and it`s just a poorly worded statement.

I read that statement as thanking Elgin for taking him off our hands for a while in the first place.

21 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I read that statement as thanking Elgin for taking him off our hands for a while in the first place.

Aye and who are no doubt pissing themselves laffin he's no longer there. Yet there are still some idiots amongst our support glad to see him back, they'd honestly clap a turd. 

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Aye and who are no doubt pissing themselves laffin he's no longer there. Yet there are still some idiots amongst our support glad to see him back, they'd honestly clap a turd. 

I weakened and had a wee exchange of opinions with a woman on the ridiculous Facebook page re Wilson.

She took umbrage that I was not prepared to get behind him and give the support he needs to find his scoring touch AGAIN.

Strangely enough she was unable to tell me when his previous attempt at winning the Golden Boot was.

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Yeh it could definitely have been better worded. 

Not sure the situation with our social media to be honest, whether we rely on volunteers or not, but the content is poor. The website is rarely updated and the match reports are a bit amateurish. I just think in this day and age your business media profile is hugely important. 

Ours feels more like a second thought than a concerted effort to engage with fans and provide content. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure the situation with our social media to be honest, whether we rely on volunteers or not, but the content is poor. The website is rarely updated and the match reports are a bit amateurish. I just think in this day and age your business media profile is hugely important. 

Ours feels more like a second thought than a concerted effort to engage with fans and provide content. 

We're definitely behind other clubs with smaller resources. 

With so much of our lives having been led at a distance theses last few years,  the club could engage better using the platforms they have.

We appear to have two media officers yet the output is very formulaic. Credit where it's due you can set your watch by what we get but club shop opening times, match highlights and how to watch are the bare minimum of fan engagement in my view.

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

If they were talking about a young guy getting some game time from Elgin I could understand it. However, it`s an experienced player we just gave a 2 year deal to. Thanking Elgin for taking him off our hands for a few months (while understandable) is a an embarrassment. Agree totally regarding the state of our media at the moment. "Bainsfordbairn" will confirm that as I chew his ear off constantly about it!! 😂

Edited to add that I`m not suggesting "Bainsfordbairn" is in any way part of the problem, far from it, very efficient at what he does. (Hope that keeps the lawyers off my back)🤞😂

Edited by 60`s bairn
Clarification

20 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

If they were talking about a young guy getting some game time from Elgin I could understand it. However, it`s an experienced player we just gave a 2 year deal to. Thanking Elgin for taking him off our hands for a few months (while understandable) is a an embarrassment. Agree totally regarding the state of our media at the moment. "Bainsfordbairn" will confirm that as I chew his ear off constantly about it!! 😂

Time for a new avatar methinks. (I'm ashamed to admit that I always thought that your avatar was Wilson Hoggan, not Johnny Graham)

Hannibal Lecter - Wikipedia

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest TedCrilly
20 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Agreed. It’s obviously at the bottom of the list of priorities but it’s went dramatically downhill since Connor Park departed.

I concur on the social media. the live match reports on twitter are very poor. slow to update and sometimes can go 20 minutes plus without any update at all. very biased to falkirk, which some may say is right but I'd like to know what's going on in an honest way. the BBC live feed is much better IMO 

12 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sorry I stand corrected checked back and you are right. The hospital admissions are definitely rising though. 

Not necessarily true.

In England almost half of admissions relate to people who are subsequently found to have Covid.

The SG refuse to release the comparable figures but if they are similar to England then around 400 are folks who are admitted with ‘normal’ illnesses but then test positive.

Regarding hospital utilisation this information is CRITICAL.

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not necessarily true.

In England almost half of admissions relate to people who are subsequently found to have Covid.

The SG refuse to release the comparable figures but if they are similar to England then around 400 are folks who are admitted with ‘normal’ illnesses but then test positive.

Regarding hospital utilisation this information is CRITICAL.

134555FA-721D-435F-ACCB-A7D2CCD645EA.gif

Guest FFC1965

I'm just thinking back to the abandoned East Fife game - due to be played on 22 Jan.  

Im working on the basis that the current 500 capacity restrictions will still be in place (due to be reviewed on 16 Jan so even just a 1 week extension would cover this game and ScotGovs track record suggests this will happen).

For the original game I mistakenly bought a ticket for the East Fife section. 

Wonder if this will mean that I'll get in to the rearranged game? 

I'm not sure how many EFFC STs there are but suspect that they would have been under 500 STs and East Fife section walk ups combined.     I'm assuming that (like Alloa) EFFC wont offer any away fan attendance.  

A lot of assumptions ^ and still not sure whether getting in would be a good thing or not.....last time I was the only Bairns fan in a stadium our reserves lost 10-1 (Hearts in 1985/6).  

1 minute ago, FFC1965 said:

I'm just thinking back to the abandoned East Fife game - due to be played on 22 Jan.  

Im working on the basis that the current 500 capacity restrictions will still be in place (due to be reviewed on 16 Jan so even just a 1 week extension would cover this game and ScotGovs track record suggests this will happen).

For the original game I mistakenly bought a ticket for the East Fife section. 

Wonder if this will mean that I'll get in to the rearranged game? 

I'm not sure how many EFFC STs there are but suspect that they would have been under 500 STs and East Fife section walk ups combined.     I'm assuming that (like Alloa) EFFC wont offer any away fan attendance.  

A lot of assumptions ^ and still not sure whether getting in would be a good thing or not.....last time I was the only Bairns fan in a stadium our reserves lost 10-1 (Hearts in 1985/6).  

Depends how many home fans were at the original fixture. They will all be entitled to a ticket. 

I suspect they will be refunding all away tickets or giving free access to the live stream to all FFC fans who bought tickets.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I concur on the social media. the live match reports on twitter are very poor. slow to update and sometimes can go 20 minutes plus without any update at all. very biased to falkirk, which some may say is right but I'd like to know what's going on in an honest way. the BBC live feed is much better IMO 

Agree - some of the posts on the official Falkirk account have me thinking “are they watching the same game?”. State TV, I guess

By the way, anyone incoming?

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Time for a new avatar methinks. (I'm ashamed to admit that I always thought that your avatar was Wilson Hoggan, not Johnny Graham)

Hannibal Lecter - Wikipedia

😂😂 Not a million miles away from a "selfie" (hair a bit greyer maybe)🤔

Johnny G & Wilson Hoggan both quality players but Johnny probably my all time favourite in the Navy Blue.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

Been a notable difference in the social media since Connor and then Kieran left their roles as TC stated. Jamie has been in position for around 6 months now so really would have expected to see a difference. 

For an example it’s Alex Ferguson’s birthday today. A few fans have posted stuff on Facebook already but how long will it take the club to notice? I’ve no doubt they’ll put something out but it often looks like they’ve only posted as a reaction to others. Would have expected it to be posted already if it was something they had planned. These things should be bread and butter for social media content.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

Been a notable difference in the social media since Connor and then Kieran left their roles as TC stated. Jamie has been in position for around 6 months now so really would have expected to see a difference. 

For an example it’s Alex Ferguson’s birthday today. A few fans have posted stuff on Facebook already but how long will it take the club to notice? I’ve no doubt they’ll put something out but it often looks like they’ve only posted as a reaction to others. Would have expected it to be posted already if it was something they had planned. These things should be bread and butter for social media content.

I don't think they have ever posted about Fergie's birthday and wouldn't really expect them too. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I don't think they have ever posted about Fergie's birthday and wouldn't really expect them too. 

It’s a milestone birthday for a World footballing icon who spent the largest part of his playing career with Falkirk. It’s an open goal for our social media. Costs nothing to put a tweet out and would bring a lot of publicity. A huge number of football fans still have no idea of his connection to our club and possibly some young Falkirk fans. 

Why would you not put out a post? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts