The Falkirk FC Thread

20 hours ago, ilostmyself said:
20 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

He was loaned out well after Wilson was signed, sure he was on the bench for the first few league games. 

That's wild, Wilson is quite clearly a million miles off of League 1 and seemingly League 2 as well. It was obvious from his first appearance too. Utter madness.

It's even more mental we brought the useless c**t back, if we are trying our best to get relegated then bringing shite like him back certainly seems the right way of going about it. 

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

It's even more mental we brought the useless c**t back, if we are trying our best to get relegated then bringing shite like him back certainly seems the right way of going about it. 

Could be that Elgin didn't want to keep him and therefore we've had to take him back , which is completely plausible btw.

Edited by FFC 1876

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Could be that Elgin didn't want to keep him and therefore we've had to take him back , which is completely plausible btw.

Same will probably go for Ross Draper. He'll be punted back to us no doubt. Hopefully we send him packing to the next unfortunate soles.

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm sure Elgin will have punted him back 1 goal in 9 appearances . The guys a lowland league/Highland league level player at best.

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That's probably it tbh, although us thanking them for their cooperation is a riddy. But then so is Holt's continuing presence. 

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That's probably it tbh, although us thanking them for their cooperation is a riddy. But then so is Holt's continuing presence. 

Nothing wrong with thanking them. I'd thank any club profusely that is willing to take him for any length of time no matter how long or short.  It's a miracle anyone is interested.

59 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Did you not see the interview between Martin Geissler and Yousaf last night?

He couldn’t say how many of those 800 were in because of Covid or were found to have Covid once in hospital.

Absolutely useless. Also he couldn’t say how many of the deaths were down to Omicron.

Vital information which he couldn’t respond to.

Restrictions should be lifted NOW.

Does not matter they all have Covid. Some will be in a hospital due the a medical condition worsened by Covid.

Ignore this further digging into Covid statistics its a diversion by people motivated by politics not peoples health.

Keep politics off this forum.

A small aside, got a book about data analysis in football (expected goals, no of sprints, miles run etc) and how it's used. There was a mention of Vancouver in there, wondering if Rennie would be willing to use some of the stats/data to some effect with us. Interesting book so far, Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel all mentioned regularly. 

I realise we might not have the money or resources for this though. 

8 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

A small aside, got a book about data analysis in football (expected goals, no of sprints, miles run etc) and how it's used. There was a mention of Vancouver in there, wondering if Rennie would be willing to use some of the stats/data to some effect with us. Interesting book so far, Guardiola, Klopp and Tuchel all mentioned regularly. 

What's the title?

17 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

The majority of our team struggle as to whether they should kick the ball or eat the fecking thing. Data analysis will be lost on them.

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

What's the title?

Football hackers. The science and art of a data revolution by Christoph Biermann. 

Am around halfway through it and it's very interesting, couldn't help wondering how mental our support or guys on here would go if we appointed a Klopp or Tuchel at the beginning of their management career!

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just looking at the numbers today. 810 people in hospital. Intensive care numbers are rising too. Again, I hope I’m not right but suspect that will only rise and possibly go beyond the 1,000 mark. 

Can’t see the restrictions being lifted by the end of January if this continues. 

Intensive care numbers are absolutely not rising.

Guest Caractacus Potts
30 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Intensive care numbers are absolutely not rising.

Sorry I stand corrected checked back and you are right. The hospital admissions are definitely rising though.