The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Probably not our biggest problem but the amount of anti anyone who dares not be a Sturgeon, Snp lover nationalist conspiracy theory bigotry that our CEO Jamie Swinney likes on twitter is crazy. Pops up constantly on my timeline so have had to unfollow. Deeply unimpressive 

Get it up ye x

11 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Those who don't want to pay their tenner a month should start a crowdfund, to refund all political parties who have paid for pitchside adverts at TFS & have them removed. Now, more than ever, we should be politically neutral.

The thing is no one takes anything seriously they read on a fans forum, no one knows if they’re serious or at it. There are maybe 25 people on here up in arms about GH and DG, unless it gets roared from the rooftops at the game you’re onto plums. When everyone on here didn’t buy season tickets in protest at the MSG another 2k non P&B’s did. This site means nothing apart from the bit where you can vent your spleen. 
There must be a reason why Holt hasn’t  been binned, I can’t work it out as he’d be the first on out on his arse if it were me. If the manager wants DG then he’ll get him IMO no matter how many of the 25 on here say they won’t be back. 

Having said that I have no idea who the 6 patrons on the board actually are.  Would be nice to hold a Q&A fairly soon now they've been in place a few weeks.  

Wright and Bateman are obviously associated with the past but the others I've never heard speak.  Maybe Falkirk TV could do some intro interviews if a Q&A isn't doable.  

To be honest it emphasises our piss poor recruitment process if after hours of work sourcing a striker all we can come up with is David bloody goodwillie again. David Blunkett could point him out FFS. Just shows the complete lack of effort being put in on uncovering targets by the dof and sheerin previously. I just hope Rennie and miller can find far more options via their contacts etc.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Having said that I have no idea who the 6 patrons on the board actually are.  Would be nice to hold a Q&A fairly soon now they've been in place a few weeks.  

Wright and Bateman are obviously associated with the past but the others I've never heard speak.  Maybe Falkirk TV could do some intro interviews if a Q&A isn't doable.  

I'm very surprised that you know nothing of Keith Gourlay and Kenny Jamieson at least. I would've thought the majority of long term fans would've chatted to or been aware of them at least over the years. 

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To be honest it emphasises our piss poor recruitment process if after hours of work sourcing a striker all we can come up with is David bloody goodwillie again. David Blunkett could point him out FFS. Just shows the complete lack of effort being put in on uncovering targets by the dof and sheerin previously. I just hope Rennie and miller can find far more options via their contacts etc.

He’s only been mentioned on here. Pretty sure pie and bovril doesn’t sign the players for Falkirk! 

although p&b would do a better job than Holt anyway 😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

We must have the most stupid fans in the country or the most tight fisted.

It’s a tenner a month to buy shares so the fans own the club.

it matters not a jot about Holt; whether he leaves next week, next month or next year - In five years time Holt will be confined to realms of “ mind that c**t Holt.”

Now we have (hopefully a Clyde fans at the wind up) I’m not joining on the basis of a signing rumour??? Next it will crap, pies, not signing players from the junior ranks or I’m no joining because the Fergus the Fox costume needs a clean. Pathetic!

I agree with the sentiment and there has to be an understanding from members that you won’t get everything you want. Ultimately though if fans feel like they’re not being listened to then I can understand them not wanting to pay.

It’s early doors though for now I think there’s a bit of blind faith required. I don’t think withholding money on the DG will matter anything just now as not sure how can that be conveyed. Would hope that if this is a serious move by the club(which I actually doubt) then the FSS would poll members as signing him would be utterly disastrous. 

2 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

There is a reason that Scottish footballs "dinosaurs" such as Dick Campbell are still about. They aren't trying to re-invent the wheel. They know how to get the best out of average players and pay to their strengths as opposed to getting players to fit in with an ideology and specific style of playing. 

That is why you'll never see Paul Sheerin managing into his late 60's. At this level it should really be be horses for courses. Let Guardiola et al focus on building teams of well drilled robots. At this level its about finding out what your players are good at and finding away of matching that advantage up against your opponents weaknesses.

I'm no fan of Pep's Man Citeh but to say they are well drilled robots is unfair -  it's obvious to me there is a fair degree of freedom allowed to De Bruyne , Foden , Mahrez, Jesus , Sterling , Grealish, Silva & Cancelo   when I watch them play and they are all fantastic players......certainly not robots.

It would be more accurate making that claim about Burnley or Brentford  which is fine considering the vast difference in budgets

I'm no fan of Pep's Man Citeh but to say they are well drilled robots is unfair -  it's obvious to me there is a fair degree of freedom allowed to De Bruyne , Foden , Mahrez, Jesus , Sterling , Grealish, Silva & Cancelo   when I watch them play and they are all fantastic players......certainly not robots.
It would be more accurate making that claim about Burnley or Brentford  which is fine considering the vast difference in budgets

Some of the worlds most creative players are now robots [emoji16]
If you want to watch eleven robots in action, turn up to TFS every second Saturday.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Some of the worlds most creative players are now robots emoji16.png
If you want to watch eleven robots in action, turn up to TFS every second Saturday.

Ours are like the robot equivalent to the Raggy Dolls!

2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

We must have the most stupid fans in the country or the most tight fisted.

It’s a tenner a month to buy shares so the fans own the club.

it matters not a jot about Holt; whether he leaves next week, next month or next year - In five years time Holt will be confined to realms of “ mind that c**t Holt.”

Now we have (hopefully a Clyde fans at the wind up) I’m not joining on the basis of a signing rumour??? Next it will crap, pies, not signing players from the junior ranks or I’m no joining because the Fergus the Fox costume needs a clean. Pathetic!

.........or the Bovril is too hot :)

44 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Some of the worlds most creative players are now robots emoji16.png

Missing the point here. 

The point is that at this level you are simply looking to get guys who can be set up to play to their strengths and without the overwhelming emphasis on a particular way of playing that seems to be all that modern coaches/managers go on about. Get the most out of your players at this level and if they are good enough you'll be successful. 

Guys like Pep and Klopp, say f**k it, we play this way - no matter what. They can do this because they have great players  but Even Rodgers and Ange at Celtic played one way and look at the results in Europe.

People forget Alex Ferguson played to get results, he played John O’Shea and other defenders in midfield to shithouse his way to a result away from home.

We need to play to get results, forget this controlling the game and having a lot of the ball. Get the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible. Even if ball goes out for a throw in near the corner flag - we can pressure from there. Keep the ball as far away from our centre backs as possible.

6 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Guys like Pep and Klopp, say f**k it, we play this way - no matter what. They can do this because they have great players  but Even Rodgers and Ange at Celtic played one way and look at the results in Europe.

People forget Alex Ferguson played to get results, he played John O’Shea and other defenders in midfield to shithouse his way to a result away from home.

We need to play to get results, forget this controlling the game and having a lot of the ball. Get the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible. Even if ball goes out for a throw in near the corner flag - we can pressure from there. Keep the ball as far away from our centre backs as possible.

I remember that being a question to Sheerin at the q&a, if he thought we had the players to pass out from the back at this level, he said he thought he did but think he has been proven wrong. The way our defenders look on the ball I would be telling them to get it as far away as feck from our goals at every opportunity.