The Falkirk FC Thread

Nevermind Falkirk FC: one of the lowest ranking full-time teams in the country, sitting 7th in League One - entering their third consecutive window with one of the most unpopular employees in the clubs recent history as 'Sporting Director' continuing to have a hand in recruitment, despite most supporters wanting him gone and him having been at least significantly responsible for assembling one of the worst sides ever to pull on the Navy Blue.  His role hasn't been publicly addressed; supporters concerns not listened to - instead, heads are being placed in the sand while revisions about his role in previous regimes are in full flow. 'Fresh start' my arse.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Guest Back Post Misses
20 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So he IS still involved in recruitment then?

Got no idea. But 100% if Rennie did not want him he would not be there IMO. 

Guest Back Post Misses
24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

ATS is okay, it says a lot that we replaced him with Sean Kelly though. He's utterly useless at CB, he's more of a LWB than a CB but he's an okay LB. Was clear he wasn't good enough in the Premiership so was just used as cheap rotation. 

Also it could have something to do with Holt possibly, but he wasn't the one to sign him for us. Martindale did all the recruitment under Holt, which may give you an idea why Holt is shite at recruiting :D 

ATS made his name for us by just doing late backpost runs onto crosses, think he scored one or two against Hibs but he can be a bit prone to looking clumsy when asked to do more than just blooter the ball away. There's a good few examples of him being an error prone numpty, especially having a nightmare at Aberdeen when asked to play CB. He's big but not strong, won't physically impose himself but just wants to try float about the left side

Don’t be telling anyone on here Martindale recruited all the Livingston players now. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

But how much of a “choice” is it really?

Holt: here’s 10 absolute duffers for your LCB position, including my nephew and my cousin. Or, you can have ATS, some player who’s played for other Scottish teams and is known to everyone who’s played football manager for more than an hour.

Rennie: okay i guess I’ll have to go with ATS then and hope I can work miracles with my coaching ability 

If the “decision” Rennie has is just the least bad option of a load of absolute shit (just like Sheerin had) then it isn’t really a decision at all

Holt GTF

Just now, bairn88 said:

But how much of a “choice” is it really?

Holt: here’s 10 absolute duffers for your LCB position, including my nephew and my cousin. Or, you can have ATS, some player who’s played for other Scottish teams and is known to everyone who’s played football manager for more than an hour.

Rennie: okay i guess I’ll have to go with ATS then and hope I can work miracles with my coaching ability 

If the “decision” Rennie has is just the least bad option of a load of absolute shit (just like Sheerin had) then it isn’t really a decision at all

Holt GTF

Precisely. Selecting between two options presented by Holt is absolutely 100% Holt doing to recruiting. The only realistic caveat yiu can add in to that is that Holt is seeking to teflon his share of the blame when choosing the least worst of two shite options turns out to be....... Shite

Get this c**t out of our club. 

FFS here we go. Martindale signs all the players at Livingston and has been doing so for about 5 years 

f**k sake man. Holt signed him at Livi or Holt managed him at Livi you knew exactly where I was going with that and doesn’t change the fact that this will 100% be a Holt signing.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Holy f**k. Rennie picks from the players presented to him by the DOF. That’s the model. That’s our famous infrastructure. If being faced with the decision to sign a player or stick with the shit he’s got he’s going to sign a player all day long. It’s the quality that is being presented to him that’s the problem. 

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t be telling anyone on here Martindale recruited all the Livingston players now. 

We know what Martindale did at Livi and to be quite honest we don’t give a f**k. It’s what Holt is doing here that’s the problem.

Holt is a disaster. I know it, you know it and your patron pals know it.

You have gone from criticising Holt and the club at every opportunity to splitting hairs and looking for loopholes and IMO you are losing credibility by the minute. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

How can you say 100% if it’s just your opinion? 

Guest TedCrilly
Just now, roman_bairn said:

This is unfair.
The guy has done nothing more than invest in the club and continuously advise he has nothing to do with decision making.
We are all allowed an opinion.
Doesn’t matter if we don’t agree with it….

It was tongue in cheek, calm yourself.