The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

The ‘other’ Facebook page is a wild ride.

Someone trying to claim we were wrong to let players go four years ago when we were trying to achieve promotion to the Premiership because they're better than what we’ve got just now.

Now some absolute spanner is claiming that football has changed and you’re never going to get a 20 goal a season striker in this league.

Literally every full season in this league has seen one striker (at least) score 20+ goals. We’re barely halfway through this season and there are already several players on 10+.

Why are so many of our fans absolute idiots?

8 hours ago, Biggestbairn said:

What planet are you currently residing in?

You have made a complete arse of yourself tonight. 

Tell us more about GW resigning. 

Wouldnt be the first time ! :)

Didn't GW resign at the AGM?  I didn't attend as I was away on holiday at the time.

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 hours ago, Biggestbairn said:

What planet are you currently residing in?

You have made a complete arse of yourself tonight. 

Tell us more about GW resigning. 

On 04/12/2021 at 14:58, Biggestbairn said:

Come back and mock me in May, if Holt & Sheerin aren’t standing on the top deck of the bus with the league trophy. 

The new man on the board has plenty of open top buses. 

It’s a tight league - a good window in January will see us canter to the top. QP are already faltering, Cove will be next. 

You have a cheek to have a go at anyone for talking nonsense after some of the utter shite you were spouting when you joined here.  

Tell us more about Sheerin standing on the top deck of the bus with the league trophy?

Edited by Caractacus Potts

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You have a cheek to have a go at anyone for talking nonsense after some of the utter shite you were spouting when you joined here.  

Tell us more about Sheerin standing on the top deck of the bus with the league trophy?

And just in the nick of time, we have a new contender for Post Of The Year!

Its a troll account mate. Ignoring is the best policy here.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said McGlynn doesn’t need a DOF to identify guys like Ben Williamson.

Weird how Connelly has (started) and played most games so far for RR, as during his stint he hardly kicked a ball for us. 
Makes you wonder wtf was going on with him……

Probably wanted to work under a real manager instead of a crimper and a health food guru.

52 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said McGlynn doesn’t need a DOF to identify guys like Ben Williamson.

Weird how Connelly has (started) and played most games so far for RR, as during his stint he hardly kicked a ball for us. 
Makes you wonder wtf was going on with him……

Connelly has been hard working and at times very creative so don’t know what happened with you guys i know he was injured a lot at Falkirk but I think  he’s only missed 2 games I think for us .

Its clear your needing a front man but you already have one playing for another team in the league above 🥴 Anton Dowds 5 in 16 games still more than any of your current front men what’s the crack did sheerin/ holt not fancy the guy and would it not be prudent to recall him 

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Have you always been that gullible or is it a new thing?

The only league Falkirk have a chance of winning in the near future is L2 or Lowland. 

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

Now some absolute spanner is claiming that football has changed and you’re never going to get a 20 goal a season striker in this league.

Literally every full season in this league has seen one striker (at least) score 20+ goals. We’re barely halfway through this season and there are already several players on 10+.

Why are so many of our fans absolute idiots?

Including one on here who wants us to play with a sweeper in 2022. 

23 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Connelly has been hard working and at times very creative so don’t know what happened with you guys i know he was injured a lot at Falkirk but I think  he’s only missed 2 games I think for us .

Its clear your needing a front man but you already have one playing for another team in the league above 🥴 Anton Dowds 5 in 16 games still more than any of your current front men what’s the crack did sheerin/ holt not fancy the guy and would it not be prudent to recall him 

His loan at Arbroath ends on the 31st.

7 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

Have you always been that gullible or is it a new thing?

The only league Falkirk have a chance of winning in the near future is L2 or Lowland. 

Wait a minute. It was you who said that come the month of May, Sheerin and Holt would be holding the league trophy after we canter to the top.

Now, given that your prediction fell flat on its face within 24 hours of you making it, you are saying what now?

Is your new strategy to leave the prediction patter alone, and instead, settle for stating the bleedin’ obvious?  

I suppose the random accusation of someone being gullible with zero context was an afterthought, and your attempt at a bit of revisionist whooshing.

39 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wait a minute. It was you who said that come the month of May, Sheerin and Holt would be holding the league trophy after we canter to the top.

Now, given that your prediction fell flat on its face within 24 hours of you making it, you are saying what now?

Is your new strategy to leave the prediction patter alone, and instead, settle for stating the bleedin’ obvious?  

I suppose the random accusation of someone being gullible with zero context was an afterthought, and your attempt at a bit of revisionist whooshing.

FFS please stop engaging the low rent troll.

What do we think about Paul Watson in January? The question is would he come and why did he leave the pars? Wouldn’t be surprised if he got another gig in the championship to be honest. A good player for us and I’d love to see him back but I think higher up clubs than us will be after him. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

His loan at Arbroath ends on the 31st.

According to the courier it's 6th Jan.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2860389/4-arbroath-talking-points-anton-dowds-transfer-news-michael-mckenna-contracts-dick-campbell/

30 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

What do we think about Paul Watson in January? The question is would he come and why did he leave the pars? Wouldn’t be surprised if he got another gig in the championship to be honest. A good player for us and I’d love to see him back but I think higher up clubs than us will be after him. 

Better than what we have but that's not saying a lot. I wouldn't be adverse to a deal to the end of the season.

I'm still hoping Rennie and Miller can throw in a few left field options than the usual merry go round 

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Are you on the gullible train as well?

Choo choo. Falkirk are rank rotten. 

We are all Gary Holt.