The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Having watched the highlights McKay had an absolute shocker.

It was his swing-and-miss attempt before Clyde's missed chance from yards out and he's left for dead when Lemon had to clear off-the-line. 

He leads with the arm for the penalty and then his complete misreading of the aerial ball for Clyde's winner.

Sheerin and now Rennie being let down by their experienced players.

Sort the defence out and I think the rest would start to gel. As it is we've never had a solid platform so our lack of goals has been brought into sharp focus.

It was a shocking performance full stop. 

The ‘other’ Facebook page is a wild ride.

Someone trying to claim we were wrong to let players go four years ago when we were trying to achieve promotion to the Premiership because they're better than what we’ve got just now.

We have what we have and their ain't going to be a quality signing coming our way so.

If we can agree that the defense has got to be out priority 

What is our best formation to stop leaking goals. It does not stop at a back 3 , 4,  5 our midfield have to up the anti and offer some protection.

Dixon as sweeper worth a go ? something different.

Thoughts

The ‘other’ Facebook page is a wild ride.
Someone trying to claim we were wrong to let players go four years ago when we were trying to achieve promotion to the Premiership because they're better than what we’ve got just now.
I can see what they mean. Certainly, we might uave been well advised to keep hold of Vaulks and Leahy if we had known we would be fighting for survival in League One.

I genuinely think that Lyle Taylor would score goals in this league too, so thays another misjudgement from the club.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can see what they mean. Certainly, we might uave been well advised to keep hold of Vaulks and Leahy if we had known we would be fighting for survival in League One.

I genuinely think that Lyle Taylor would score goals in this league too, so thays another misjudgement from the club.

Should never have let Schmeichel go back to Man City, imagine how good he’d be now against East Fife and Airdrie.

On 26/12/2021 at 20:41, Caractacus Potts said:

Can we use some of the BFL money to bring Sibbald back to the club? He’s out of contract in the Summer and doesn’t start too regularly for Livi. 

You're off your tits. He's a regular starter for us, it's the fact that he's had COVID and suffers from asthma that means he struggles to last 90 minutes just now. 

He's also had 4 or 5 2-3 week injuries this season, it's been a very stop-start season for him. Last season and the start of this he was one of our best players, if he gets a move it'll be an upwards one, not downwards. I can see him being picked up by a side in the Championship or top end of League 1  down south and doing brilliant.

I would imagine he has an offer on the table from us at the moment with increased wages included

Edited by ATLIS

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

You're off your tits. He's a regular starter for us, it's the fact that he's had COVID and suffers from asthma that means he struggles to last 90 minutes at the minute. 

He's also had 4 or 5 2-3 week injuries this season, it's been a very stop-start season for him. Last season and the start of this he was one of our best players, if he gets a move it'll be an upwards one, not downwards. I can see him being picked up by a side in the Championship or top end of League 1 and doing brilliant.

Didn’t read more in to it than thinking he was out of favour. Ahhh well, there goes another bit of hope. Good luck to him to getting another move. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
20 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Should never have let Schmeichel go back to Man City, imagine how good he’d be now against East Fife and Airdrie.

Shouldn’t have let Latapy retire. He’d still run rings around this team at 53.

I have just spent the last 2 hours constructing an email to the club at board@falkirkfc.co.uk detailing Holt's failures in his role; I included quotes of his from the Q&A confirming that he has been heavily involved in recruitment since taking up his role, despite the more recent revisions trying to claim the contrary. I have also confirmed to them that I will not be giving the club any money, nor will I be signing up to FSS, until he is no longer employed by the club - I mentioned I am not alone in feeling this way. It may not get anywhere, but I urge everyone to do likewise and put real pressure on the board, making our voices heard loud and clear on this matter.

2 hours?

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Didn’t read more in to it than thinking he was out of favour. Ahhh well, there goes another bit of hope. Good luck to him to getting another move. 

He's been phenomenal for us, he came back last week and it actually looked like he's somehow added pace to his game which was something he was sorely lacking. I'm desperate for him to sign a new deal with us because he's one of the only players capable of making things happen

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's been phenomenal for us, he came back last week and it actually looked like he's somehow added pace to his game which was something he was sorely lacking. I'm desperate for him to sign a new deal with us because he's one of the only players capable of making things happen

That’s good to hear. Pace was always the thing that stopped him getting a much bigger move. Was a great player for us. What we’d give for someone like him now! 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Shouldn’t have let Latapy retire. He’d still run rings around this team at 53.

That one's probably true to be honest 🤷‍♂️