The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

The same dope DOF with the same dope scout, signing the shite we’re about to get in January, after signing the shite they signed in the summer, with a guy who’s never managed in Britain before and who was most recently an assistant at a women’s team in USA, with Kenny Miller as assistant...we’re genuinely going down aren’t we?

I never got the positivity with Rennie's arrival. The best attribute he had was that he isn't Sheerin. It seems and seemed a massive gamble. Bringing in a real left field punt to try and eke out more from the utter garbage we have. I'm still hoping he has enough about him to keep us up but I'd say relegation is a very real possibility. 

Absolutely fucked off that Holt is still stinking the place out. He'll bring in more shit in January and the patreon cash will be pissed up a wall trying to cling on to L1 survival.  League One fucking survival!

We were told to give the new board time to empty Holt properly vis a vis employment law. Time is up. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

I do kind of understand that player targets have probably been on the go for some time and Holt is probably heavily involved, and MAYBE they will lose some targets by removing him now. But it’s been known for some time that our current Holt signings are Hartleyesque levels of substandard.
But honestly if the plan from here is to assess the situation after the current window is over and the new signings are in place, then it will be far to little too late to remove him and his team then….

My best guess is this. 

The new board are fans and absolutely do not want Holt in the role he is in (or at least seems to be doing) - recruiting players. When they arrived he’d already put in a load of work scouting, contracting etc players to come in in early January.

Rennie and Miller are only just in the door, so don’t have a crystal clear idea of what we need to sign/don’t have the contacts to do so.

Board has decided to let Holt complete those signings for January, as if they don’t we’re left with the shite we have for weeks into the window, and need to urgently scout/speak to other players.

None of that is an excuse. Seems like a huge gamble given Holt’s track record. I just cannot think of any other reason why the new fans on the board would not bin Holt

4 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I never got the positivity with Rennie's arrival. It seems and seemed a massive gamble. Bringing in a real left field punt to try and eke out more from the utter garbage we have. I'm still hoping he has enough about him to keep us up but I'd say relegation is a very real possibility. 

Absolutely fucked off that Holt is still stinking the place out. He'll bring in more shit in January and the patreon cash will be pissed up a wall trying to cling on to L1 survival.  League One fucking survival!

We were told to give the new board time to empty Holt properly vis a vis employment law. Time is up. 

I think anyone we went for would’ve been a relative punt, because we’re so unattractive as a club atm. 

No proven method for success - sometimes experienced old head works, sometimes young coach does.

However, Sheerin has far more relevant direct experience as a manager than Rennie. He won a league with Arbroath. To me that makes Rennie as much of a gamble as Sheerin was, and let’s not lie he was a total disaster 

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

My best guess is this. 

The new board are fans and absolutely do not want Holt in the role he is in (or at least seems to be doing) - recruiting players. When they arrived he’d already put in a load of work scouting, contracting etc players to come in in early January.

Rennie and Miller are only just in the door, so don’t have a crystal clear idea of what we need to sign/don’t have the contacts to do so.

Board has decided to let Holt complete those signings for January, as if they don’t we’re left with the shite we have for weeks into the window, and need to urgently scout/speak to other players.

None of that is an excuse. Seems like a huge gamble given Holt’s track record. I just cannot think of any other reason why the new fans on the board would not bin Holt

I get what you tell trying to say but it only makes sense if those on the board already know the names are a significant step up in quality.

I'm not sure how we can have scouted and had in place a number of names for Jan though as we didn't know we had the Patreon money to spend until very recently. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Emptying Sheerin and Holt were job 1A and 1B in the eyes of most if not all.

They arent helping themselves by giving the appearance of doubling down on Holts continued presence.

Aye, I’m totally fucked off with them mate. It’s an accumulation of how I’ve been feeling for a while and they are just the latest ones to let me down I’m afraid.

So after tonight’s interview with Rennie, the club are allowing ( or contractually have no choice) Holt with surveying/targeting/potential signings. 
Wont have a go with the new guys just in, and like all supporters we are angry and appalled at where we are as a club.

Time for our CEO and BOD to consider that this situation with Holt is now untenable and has been an absolute disaster. If needed get a loan to pay him off.
Rennie and Miller must be given complete assurance that they are responsible for anyone coming in and all first team affairs. 

Surely any loan or pre contract in January cannot happen on the say so of 1 indivdual,  others must have been involved on the final say. I am assuming done deals were put in place by members of the old board  or were rubber stamped by the Rawlins before Rennie  or the new board  were in place

13 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Doubt anyone could make a case for more than 2 players from that starting XI to stay at the club. Beyond a joke the state that we are currently in. 

32074C1C-EE1C-4B88-BF42-9386AE4A2030.jpeg

I think Nesbitt and Telfer could be decent if they were in the right team. The rest could all go for me.

Just now, Fawkirk Wull said:

Surely any loan or pre contract in January cannot happen on the say so of 1 indivdual,  others must have been involved on the final say. I am assuming done deals were put in place by members of the old board  or were rubber stamped by the Rawlins before Rennie  or the new board  were in place

As I understand it, since GH was appointed the BOD had no involvement in negotiations other than having a veto. (previously one of the BOD used to do the deals) 

The veto would only be used for non-footballing reasons, such as the potential signing of a player who they didn't want to be associated with our club. There is one obvious example from recent years. I suspect there may also have been a second one due to a potential court case. 

Anyway, in the current system I think the DOF proposes players and the head coach has the final say. Or at least the last two coaches have stated that's how it works in both FFCTV and public interviews.  Given that their careers are on the line I tend to believe them.  

Tonights interview may have muddied the waters a bit, depending on how you view MR's comments. Hopefully the club will give us some clarity over the coming days.  Either that or when signings are announced Rennie will give an explanation on how they were scouted and how much say he had in bringing them to FFC.   

If Rennie and Miller don’t have absolute authority in who gets targeted and signed then they are mugs for coming to the club.

I don’t believe they are mugs.

Entirely possible that they were identifying signing targets whilst talking to the BoD about taking the job.

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Him and Nouble both could be back at their parent clubs next weekend, which would totally knacker Abroath’s chances. 

Potentially. But we had top 4 form second half of last season without Nouble and with Hearts and Dundee in the league. I’m not expecting any title challenge I just want to be in and around the top 4 come May. 

Dowds excellent again today by the way. I actually love him now. Just gives it 100 percent and never stops, showing he’s quite a clever player too. What a guy