The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s only played 1 game. The other game was abandoned- granted he’s made no improvement but he needs at least a transfer window.

Like you, I think there is a real chance we’ll go down however I am far more concerned about the new boards absolute support for Holt than anything else tbh.

I admire your faith. 

You can’t blame everything on Holt. He’s not out there playing. 

Watching Connor Sammon put in yet another minimal effort, rank rotten performance for Alloa today, ruining the hopes of another teams fans once more, I couldn't help wonder whether he started the spiralling misfortune and demise of Falkirk. It just keeps getting worse and worse, making so many other fans happy. 

Both Sammon and Falkirk really are the gifts that keep on giving. 

He needs to stop picking Brad fecking Mackay for starters. That's two games and he's had him starting in both and we weren't down to the bare bones against east Fife. 

Yeah but if he wants to play 3 at the back MacKay plays, for now at least, though hopefully never again once the window opens.

I can forgove him not quite getting how bad MacKay is until now.

If Paul Dixon is out though, you can just take your pick of folk to play central defence and you can guarantee your pick is howling.

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Watching Connor Sammon put in yet another minimal effort, rank rotten performance for Alloa today, ruining the hopes of another teams fans once more, I couldn't help wonder whether he started the spiralling misfortune and demise of Falkirk. It just keeps getting worse and worse, making so many other fans happy. 

Both Sammon and Falkirk really are the gifts that keep on giving. 

We were a shambles long before he arrived.

Just another shit player to go along with all the others we have signed in the last four years.

Rennie has to at the very least demand full control of recruitment and EVERY aspect of player management at the club. If he doesn't, he's going to fail and end forever his hopes of managing in Scotland. His future career is dependent on being able to live or die by his own decisions, not the sniggering, sneering Holt's. It's not us who should be telling the board to get rid of Holt, it's Rennie. 

Rennie has to at the very least demand full control of recruitment and EVERY aspect of player management at the club. If he doesn't, he's going to fail and end forever his hopes of managing in Scotland. His future career is dependent on being able to live or die by his own decisions, not the sniggering, sneering Holt's. It's not us who should be telling the board to get rid of Holt, it's Rennie. 
The relationship between the two would have formed a big part of Rennie coming on board. Whatever the dynamic is will be set unless Holt gets emptied. We just need to hope between Rennie and the new board, its something that keeps the p***k out the road.

I genuinely felt better on Boxing Day 2005(?) after going through to Tynecastle on my tod to watch us get fucking humped 5-0 than I do about watching us get beat by Clyde 2-1 from the comfort of my own hoose.

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Please don't quote him as it means I have to see his nonsense. 

He's a troll from another club. It was painfully obvious from his initial posts, hence why I think most of us have him on ignore. 

You talk some rubbish. 

You just don’t want to admit the truth. 

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dowds won’t play for who? 

35 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Who is ‘them’? 

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

For the team that actually employ him apparently.

Absolute slavers.

Three Stooges Vintage GIF

It's the "ignore" button for you #knuckleheads.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

The only thing threatened by Morrison today was the pigeons nesting in the North stand whenever he hit a cross.

I used to think he was a decent player, I take that back as he is as shit as the rest.

I retired the year Hartley assembled the squad from hell that got us relegated and my workmates gave me a signed shirt. I used to joke that it would be a collectors item as it was the worst Falkirk squad ever. I am 100% sure that motley crue would pump this absolute shit shower. Holt should be run out of town tonight.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

47 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The really  worrying part in  Rennies post match interview is the bit about January recruitment plans already having been in place before he arrived . That feckin terrifies me. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The really  worrying part in  Rennies post match interview is the bit about January recruitment plans already having been in place before he arrived . That feckin terrifies me. 

Holt doesn't have a hand in first-team affairs, though.

As if today wasn’t bad enough, Rennie pretty much confirming our worst fears in his interview. Remember folk we’re trying to tell us he’d have full control after his first interview. Absolute bollocks. 
New manager, new board, fucking tail wagging the dug again already [emoji23]

GET HIM FUCKING OUT FFS.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That was an interview full of waffle. 

Playing against Clyde FFS. 

Sounds like Gary Holt is busy beavering away in the background arranging the new troops. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The worrying part Rennies post match interview is the bit about January recruitment plans already having been in place before he arrived . That feckin terrifies me. 

Seriously worrying times that’s twice Rennie has made reference to Holt ( and seems happy) can the ITK guys and known associates of the new guys, make sure the recently appointed BOD are giving Rennie full control of all aspects of the team including signings. We seem to be hell bent in this hybrid model and reporting structure which I could almost accept if we were in the top league. We are staring at the abyss!!!!