The Falkirk FC Thread

I can only look forward to January 1 when, whoever Coach Rennie has identified will walk into the first team (all 11 of them).

Dowds scored again and I honestly don’t see him coming back. Our wreck of a club will let him go, rather than demand a fee.

Fourth is the best we can hope for. Whether that’s fourth from top or fourth from bottom remains to be see.

I’m getting numb to this pain and aware that the sadness will never go away.

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

3 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I can only look forward to January 1 when, whoever Coach Rennie has identified will walk into the first team (all 11 of them).

Dowds scored again and I honestly don’t see him coming back. Our wreck of a club will let him go, rather than demand a fee.

Fourth is the best we can hope for. Whether that’s fourth from top or fourth from bottom remains to be see.

Dowds back is a no brainer he's our player till June so if he's not brought back and used then the management need their arses kicked.

2 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

If the manager wants Dowds back then he will be back.

He is our player.

Unless there’s a total clear out in January, I’m not convinced we’ll avoid the relegation play off.

How Holt is still at the club I don’t know but I get the impression the new board are keen to just brush it under the carpet. The idea of him having any involvement in the January recruitment is terrifying.

Guest Back Post Misses
14 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

His loan is finished on December 31st is it not ? 

I would actually genuinely like a response from those who have been telling us to simply stump up cash and get behind the new board. Why on earth should we when they are keeping on one of the most unpopular employees in the clubs recent history - while at the same time, trying to revise his role in the previous regime and continue on as though nothing has happened, not even addressing it in public? It is a massive elephant in the room. Trust has to be earned and is not automatically given.

We talk about fan representation. I am perfectly aware this does not mean that people will always get things right, or get what they want. Hard, contentious decisions will have to be made that might not be popular. HOWEVER, this is not a contentious decision. It's not a hard call. Why aren't the fans being listened to here? 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Embarrassing and awful. I don’t care if this new board has been in place for 3 minutes or 3 years, Holt has to go. He’s assembled the worst squad known to any living Falkirk fan. There is absolutely nothing about that squad at all , he was brought in to make us better and he’s made us significantly worse. Paul Watson should be signed at midnight next Saturday as he’d improve the defence 10 fold. Why do we constantly make the wrong decisions? 

Guest Caractacus Potts

A real worrying fact is that if we have to win our next 4 matches to be only 2 points better off than when we finished the league last season. Our current form looks like we’ll be worse off which is a real feat considering how poor we were.

We’ve already conceded more goals: 28 compared to 26 after 22 games last season. We also need to score more than 8 goals to better the 29 scored at the 22 game mark last season. 

Just seem to keep finding new depths but hopefully that all changes soon. Rennie and Miller really do have a huge job on their hands though. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

37 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
43 minutes ago, kemlinbairn said:
Yip

We certainly are. This team is spineless and talentless and no manager can work with rhis squad. a defence that can't defend and an attack that cannot score Praying for a good window or we WILL be playing 4th Division football. Angry especially with Holt who signed these imposters

The one thing the Defense and Attack have in in common is the midfield in between them that compound their shortcomings. 

Centre halves and centre forwards, who knew they’d be so important. Soft as shit at one end and toothless at the other, great combo.

At the AGM it was suggested that the new board were going to spend the first 2 weeks assessing all aspects of the club. By my calculations tomorrow is 3 weeks, can anyone confirm when we are likely to see action? Every minute our Sporting Director spends at our club is a minute too long.