The Falkirk FC Thread

Folks can we keep this thread to Football and not all the other shite,other threads on the forum are available for covid and politics if that is your thing.
Can't think on there being a specific thread for the morons in the support. But the ignore button is equally as effective.

4 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Bejazz1’s Santa Shopping List…

An experienced goalkeeper
Uncompromising central defender
Hard, nasty midfield b*****d
Goal scorer to help Dowds, Keena and Ruth

I’ll be very very good I promise!

Maybe asking for too much but if the play offs is more the target we need some brute force and oh aye…A new captain!

We'd be doing really well to achieve that.

As most appreciate the January transfer window is a challenge, as majority of players are under contract, it's mainly loans for out of favour players or real dross  that's available . Unless of course you spend serious money........which spoiler alert we won't.

Time for our DoF to earn his crust and maybe work that 13th hour in the day.        

46 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

We'd be doing really well to achieve that.

As most appreciate the January transfer window is a challenge, as majority of players are under contract, it's mainly loans for out of favour players or real dross  that's available . Unless of course you spend serious money........which spoiler alert we won't.

Time for our DoF to earn his crust and maybe work that 13th hour in the day.        

Best if he stays well out of the way.

19 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

Bejazz1’s Santa Shopping List…

An experienced goalkeeper
Uncompromising central defender
Hard, nasty midfield b*****d
Goal scorer to help Dowds, Keena and Ruth

I’ll be very very good I promise!

Maybe asking for too much but if the play offs is more the target we need some brute force and oh aye…A new captain!

Is there a stream for this game??

On 23/12/2021 at 22:46, roman_bairn said:

It looks like people have actually forgotten why the SG need to make tough decisions.
People have become complacent and forgotten why these decisions are being made.
Do people really think that the SG want to harm the economy?
Do people not wonder why hospitals are cancelling operations?
You may be appalled but I’m equally appalled by some of the insensitive comments I’ve seen on here the last couple of days and the complete lack of awareness. It’s not even as if football has been permanently cancelled nor that we have no way of watching the game.
My last post on the subject for today.

Well the Scottish Government only have one thing in mind when bringing in these measures - independence. Sturgeon carries on politicising this pandemic which is disgraceful. People are losing their jobs and livelihoods whilst she carries on taking hope away for a virus that is nowhere near as dangerous as what the hysteria would have you believe. 

4 hours ago, MS RR said:

Well the Scottish Government only have one thing in mind when bringing in these measures - independence. Sturgeon carries on politicising this pandemic which is disgraceful. People are losing their jobs and livelihoods whilst she carries on taking hope away for a virus that is nowhere near as dangerous as what the hysteria would have you believe. 

What do the Irish, German, Dutch, French,Spanish etc Governments have in mind given that they are already independent nations?

Could it be a concern for public safety whilst a pandemic continues to incapacitate and kill people?

4 hours ago, MS RR said:

Another one for the ignore bin.

30 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What do the Irish, German, Dutch, French,Spanish etc Governments have in mind given that they are already independent nations?

Could it be a concern for public safety whilst a pandemic continues to incapacitate and kill people?

In their case, they’re just responding in a totally disproportionate way to the threat of this variant. Whereas Sturgeon is just using it as a means to compete against Johnson. Don’t kid yourself on that she’s not. 

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, MS RR said:

Staggering this post has 4 reds! 🤦‍♂️

Wishing Rennie and Miller all the best. I think in this window, given the length of contracts for both that a couple of loan players will be our lot. Then another rebuild in the summer, hopefully under Rennie and Miller if everything goes to plan.

Although I fear Rennie gets us into the playoffs, loses out then moves on leaving us with Holt to recruit over the summer.

Anyway, I am going to remain positive and say we should win tomorrow, its been our games against the top half of the table this year that we’ve fallen way short.

I would hope that Rennie sees us as the SPL team we once were and his aim would be to return us to previous glories.

The short contract is to prevent a Hartley Mckinnon,  M&M and Sheerin fiasco. After the 4th attempt, it seems the BOD have finally seen common sense.

Today will be interesting due to how Clyde have historically played at TFS and often at Broadwood. The most defensive team we've probably played against in recent times. Hoping for a real go from KO and I think it'll be quite direct from us. Clyde will constantly be looking to play long balls up to Badwillie to run through. 

Guest Back Post Misses
8 minutes ago, Albertobotswana said:

I would hope that Rennie sees us as the SPL team we once were and his aim would be to return us to previous glories.

The short contract is to prevent a Hartley Mckinnon,  M&M and Sheerin fiasco. After the 4th attempt, it seems the BOD have finally seen common sense.

Today will be interesting due to how Clyde have historically played at TFS and often at Broadwood. The most defensive team we've probably played against in recent times. Hoping for a real go from KO and I think it'll be quite direct from us. Clyde will constantly be looking to play long balls up to Badwillie to run through. 

The BOD finally seen common sense….. probably because we finally have some in there.