The Falkirk FC Thread

Is that the 7-5 game against QOS? If so, that was in 1969. One of the best games ever. My avatar is Johnny Graham scoring the 5th in that game.
December 63 was the 7-3 against Clyde with Hugh Maxwell scoring all 7 goals

The QOS was a brilliant game, games like that would get the fans back.

31 minutes ago, brokeville said:

The QOS was a brilliant game, games like that would get the fans back.

I think a big contingent of fans were ready to walk out after watching us go 3-0 down in the first 20 odd minutes!! We come back from the dead and score 3 goals in the 10 mins before halftime and another 4 in the first 20 mins of the second half!! From 3-0 down, we were 7-3 up with 20 mins to go. Sadly we took our foot off the pedal and lost 2 late goals. You would think scoring 5 goals away from home should win you the game....not that one!!!😉

2 hours ago, champions said:

Bizarrely there are no restrictions on places of worship. Using Glasgow Central Mosque as an example, which has a capacity of approx 2539, the Mosque can be rammed full of worshippers indoors yet only 500 people can sit outdoors in an 8000 seater stadium.

Of all the places of worship in Scotland, why use that one as an example?

Guest Ecosse83
4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

So, just curious. What’s their underlying objective in imposing these “draconian measures”?
Remember, it’s not a vote winner and it harms the economy. So why are they proceeding anyway?…

All I’ve heard from them is how Westminster aren’t helping with furlough etc. As I said it’s a political move pushing the blame for not helping businesses onto Westminster, thankfully it seems a hell of a lot more have seen through it this time! 

Sturgeons best line is “I don’t want to make this political but…………”

Normally the January transfer window would be something to look forward to but with ginge doing the negotiations we will end up with our 16th or 17th choices. Hopefully some c**t is stupid enough to take Wilson, and Hetherington pissing off would be tremendous. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Of all the places of worship in Scotland, why use that one as an example?

It was the largest place of worship that I could think of. 

Is there a problem with using it as an example to highlight the crazy rules imposed by the SG, where over 2,500 can congregate indoors, yet only 500 can gather outside?

4 minutes ago, champions said:

It was the largest place of worship that I could think of. 

Is there a problem with using it as an example to highlight the crazy rules imposed by the SG, where over 2,500 can congregate indoors, yet only 500 can gather outside?

Church of Scotland   32.4%

Catholic Church         15.9%

Other Christian             5.5%

Islam                                1.4%

Just wondered why you used a place of worship where only 1.4% of the population adhere to that faith? Sorry, that's a lie, I didn't wonder, I'm pretty sure I know.

I've made a backside of it, waited for a couple of days for the email regarding login for Falkirk TV then forgot about it. Remembered today at 3.50 found the email in junk folder but password wouldn't work. Message the support group but it was after 4 by then. Anyone know if the support guys are working on boxing day. 

Ah, so we now have falkirk fans accusing fellow falkirk fans of being racist because they don’t happen to agree with the SNP’s decision. Delightful. 

Absolutely nothing wrong with using a mosque as an example of something that is allowed to stay open. 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Church of Scotland   32.4%

Catholic Church         15.9%

Other Christian             5.5%

Islam                                1.4%

Just wondered why you used a place of worship where only 1.4% of the population adhere to that faith? Sorry, that's a lie, I didn't wonder, I'm pretty sure I know.

How ridiculous can you be? He used it as an example presumably because it is a massive building with a huge capacity. Not everything has to be bigoted or racist ffs 

Right!!!

Enough of this Covid chat.

Are Messers Rennie and Co doing the business on Boxing Day?

I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll see a different team moving forward now they’ve had a closer look at the players and formation etc.

Hopefully looking for 4 new players to strengthen the spine of our team.

Any football opinions out there?

[emoji23]

Bejazz1’s Santa Shopping List…

An experienced goalkeeper
Uncompromising central defender
Hard, nasty midfield b*****d
Goal scorer to help Dowds, Keena and Ruth

I’ll be very very good I promise!

Maybe asking for too much but if the play offs is more the target we need some brute force and oh aye…A new captain!