The Falkirk FC Thread

Seen there was 50 odd posts since last time I checked the thread and assumed there was news about Stevie Hetherington being trebuchet to f**k or something similar.

My gos what a lot of shite. It’s better than the Goodwillie chat mind but there’s not a lot in it.

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It looks like people have actually forgotten why the SG need to make tough decisions.
People have become complacent and forgotten why these decisions are being made.
Do people really think that the SG want to harm the economy?
Do people not wonder why hospitals are cancelling operations?
You may be appalled but I’m equally appalled by some of the insensitive comments I’ve seen on here the last couple of days and the complete lack of awareness. It’s not even as if football has been permanently cancelled nor that we have no way of watching the game.
My last post on the subject for today.

What a huge p***k you are.

It looks like people have actually forgotten why the SG need to make tough decisions.
People have become complacent and forgotten why these decisions are being made.
Do people really think that the SG want to harm the economy?
Do people not wonder why hospitals are cancelling operations?
You may be appalled but I’m equally appalled by some of the insensitive comments I’ve seen on here the last couple of days and the complete lack of awareness. It’s not even as if football has been permanently cancelled nor that we have no way of watching the game.
My last post on the subject for today.

In regards to the "lack of awareness" - FWIW I was talking to my mate who runs the ICU department in DGRI who replied to my message of "You getting busy now?" with "No not at all. The hospital isn't even like a normal winter. It was more like winter in June".

They wont push that narrative with their fear-mongering BS though and folk will continue to believe the shite our wonderful government are spouting because "we just don't know!"'4!!?!"

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

In regards to the "lack of awareness" - FWIW I was talking to my mate who runs the ICU department in DGRI who replied to my message of "You getting busy now?" with "No not at all. The hospital isn't even like a normal winter. It was more like winter in June".

They wont push that narrative with their fear-mongering BS though and folk will continue to believe the shite our wonderful government are spouting because "we just don't know!"'4!!?!"

But has he checked the corridors? 

Guest Ecosse83

Sturgeon and Drakeford are using this as a political tool now. They know damn fine well it’s not as bad as previous variants but she will forge ahead with draconian measures regardless. 

Remember this is the idiot who proudly announced that Scotland just about eliminated the virus. 🤦‍♂️

She talks a good game in all aspects but results are always poor! 

Edited by Ecosse83

I give you all Billingham Synphonia in 1988 in a weekend that we also played Darlington. We were put in a cage at Darlington game for our "own safety" by the local police- lasted about 2 minutes and we were out mixing on the terraces. The Billingham game ended 2-2 and back to the towns ICI club for refreshments. Remember the ICI plant pumping all sort of shite into the sky - made the Grangemouth site look Eco friendly.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Sturgeon and Drakeford are using this as a political tool now. They know damn fine well it’s not as bad as previous variants but she will forge ahead with draconian measures regardless. 

Remember this is the idiot who proudly announced that Scotland just about eliminated the virus. 🤦‍♂️

I’m no fan of Sturgeon but they’re closing pubs, clubs and stadiums all over Europe. Would hardly be a good political move closing businesses especially given the reaction of most on here.

There is plenty to criticise on their decision making but the virus is running rife at the moment so there’s not much choice but to put restrictions in place. Letting us all go about our daily business and doing nothing to stop the spread would be totally negligent. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A friend of mine is a senior manager in FV & has shared some interesting facts of the reality on the ground which somewhat contradicts the impression perpetually given by Nicolas Virgin (a child’s view of her name btw) & her govt 

Remember this is the idiot who proudly announced that Scotland just about eliminated the virus. [emoji2357]

So, just curious. What’s their underlying objective in imposing these “draconian measures”?
Remember, it’s not a vote winner and it harms the economy. So why are they proceeding anyway?…

Nah I’m not having that. You’re totally out of order to claim there are people on here “happy to potentially see people die in corridors so they can go to the football”. You can get fucked with that. 
"Not having that", rrrrright.Screenshot_20211224-102533_Twitter.jpeghqdefault.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

I give you all Billingham Synphonia in 1988 in a weekend that we also played Darlington. We were put in a cage at Darlington game for our "own safety" by the local police- lasted about 2 minutes and we were out mixing on the terraces. The Billingham game ended 2-2 and back to the towns ICI club for refreshments. Remember the ICI plant pumping all sort of shite into the sky - made the Grangemouth site look Eco 

That was a great trip, my first time on Elliott's bus having stuck by the official bus for a season or so. Was the first time I heard the music man performed by a Mr S Steele Esquire can still mind crying with laughter at that, some good photos from that day on social media.

1 hour ago, Broken Bairn said:

I give you all Billingham Synphonia in 1988 in a weekend that we also played Darlington. We were put in a cage at Darlington game for our "own safety" by the local police- lasted about 2 minutes and we were out mixing on the terraces. The Billingham game ended 2-2 and back to the towns ICI club for refreshments. Remember the ICI plant pumping all sort of shite into the sky - made the Grangemouth site look Eco friendly.

The game on the Saturday at half time was brilliant

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m no fan of Sturgeon but they’re closing pubs, clubs and stadiums all over Europe. Would hardly be a good political move closing businesses especially given the reaction of most on here.

There is plenty to criticise on their decision making but the virus is running rife at the moment so there’s not much choice but to put restrictions in place. Letting us all go about our daily business and doing nothing to stop the spread would be totally negligent. 

Bizarrely there are no restrictions on places of worship. Using Glasgow Central Mosque as an example, which has a capacity of approx 2539, the Mosque can be rammed full of worshippers indoors yet only 500 people can sit outdoors in an 8000 seater stadium.

Additionally if things are to be so bad why allow fans at the games on Wednesday night, or why not just impose a full lockdown?

Nothing makes sense anymore, especially with the data from SA and makes me question whether I'd vote SNP again 

Anyway Merry Christmas and COYB