The Falkirk FC Thread

Think the government is at a wee bit of paranoia creating. A good thing if it stops the usual spike in January

Indeed. However there a few on here taking a position on numbers today knowing fine well that it’s the number in a couple of weeks from now that matter ps and we don’t yet know what will happen.
Some positive news today that gives us hope but not enough for the SG to change its strategy yet.
However what worries me most is it looks like there’s some on here that are actually happy to potentially see people dying in corridors in order that they can get to the football on a Saturday.
Really sad to see how so many people have become…..

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Indeed. However there a few on here taking a position on numbers today knowing fine well that it’s the number in a couple of weeks from now that matter ps and we don’t yet know what will happen.
Some positive news today that gives us hope but not enough for the SG to change its strategy yet.
However what worries me most is it looks like there’s some on here that are actually happy to potentially see people dying in corridors in order that they can get to the football on a Saturday.

Mate, that's brutal. I think we all need to take a step back here & chill.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Accusing fellow falkirk fans of wanting to see people dying in corridors because they don’t happen to agree with your opinion. Come on now ffs. 

3 hours ago, brokeville said:

Same time last year we had 1025 in hospital. Given the hysteria from the government and media I’m not sure even with the new variant we’ll hit that this year. Hopefully I’m right.

If we don’t I see no reason that the 500 spectator limit is increased for our next home game. emoji1694.png

Quite.

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In a thread full of horrible posts, this is up there.

Ooft.

7 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Mate, that's brutal. I think we all need to take a step back here & chill.

Agreed. This guys political allegiance is clear to all. That’s his right, but a blind person can see it- but feel does affect the objectivity of his arguments. Now , for the avoidance of doubt i wouldnt hire any of the political leaders across the parties , one as bad as the other. we should keep to the fitba, interesting that Dunfermline not allowing any fans in as economically doesn't work- Falkirk must be in the same position so decided to lets fans in even if its costs them? If so commendable. 

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What an appallingly crass, insensitive statement. Away for a lie-down. Make it a long one.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think that’s a ridiculous accusation.
Firstly, there’s absolutely no evidence that there’s any link whatsoever between fans attending outdoor football matches and ‘people dying in corridors’.

In fact, there may well be more risk of transmission from some of the hundreds of thousands of people who would have attended these matches over the next few weeks instead going to the pub or round to mates’ houses. 

Secondly,  people have faced 2 years of enormous restrictions on their lives, in some cases suffering from poor mental health, job losses etc and football has been an important release. 

The vast majority of Falkirk fans will have had 2 vaccine doses (3 in many cases) and were told that these were the way back to normality. 

Covid is not the only issue in society and it’s out of order to accuse people who have done everything asked of them for 2 years but frankly now want to live their lives of wanting people to die.

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

This is honestly one of the worst posts I’ve read on this thread and that is saying something. 

Dreadful. 

I agree but not about people wanting to see others die. I also think the high profile Omicron is getting is mostly due to the general public becoming a wee bit too complacent and not getting the booster. Raise the profile, spread the fear and prevent mass spreading through mass gatherings

6 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I will raise you a brilliant game
Falkirk 6 - QOS 3 in December 1963 I think

Is that the 7-5 game against QOS? If so, that was in 1969. One of the best games ever. My avatar is Johnny Graham scoring the 5th in that game.

December 63 was the 7-3 against Clyde with Hugh Maxwell scoring all 7 goals

Edited by 60`s bairn
update

This is honestly one of the worst posts I’ve read on this thread and that is saying something. 

Dreadful. 

It looks like people have actually forgotten why the SG need to make tough decisions.
People have become complacent and forgotten why these decisions are being made.
Do people really think that the SG want to harm the economy?
Do people not wonder why hospitals are cancelling operations?
You may be appalled but I’m equally appalled by some of the insensitive comments I’ve seen on here the last couple of days and the complete lack of awareness. It’s not even as if football has been permanently cancelled nor that we have no way of watching the game.
My last post on the subject for today.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It looks like people have actually forgotten why the SG need to make tough decisions.
You may be appalled but I’m equally appalled by some of the insensitive comments I’ve seen on here the last couple of days and the complete lack of awareness. It’s not even as if football has been permanently cancelled nor that we have no way of watching the game.

Nah I’m not having that. You’re totally out of order to claim there are people on here “happy to potentially see people die in corridors so they can go to the football”. You can get fucked with that. 

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Limmy Double Down GIF - Limmy Double Down Gods Judgement - Discover & Share  GIFs

Is that the 7-5 game against QOS? If so, that was in 1969. One of the best games ever. My avatar is Johnny Graham scoring the 5th in that game.
December 63 was the 7-3 against Clyde with Hugh Maxwell scoring all 7 goals
That's the one A fantastic game of football. I thought I was older than 6! I was 11 Viva Johnny Graham was a hero at that time.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s a pretty nasty and insensitive thing to accuse your fellow fans of given you don’t know anyone’s personal impacts during Covid.