The Falkirk FC Thread

540 as of yesterday which is a 38% increase from 3 days prior. If allowed to continue and the rate stays the same then it will be over 1,000 by New Year. Hospitals and other emergency services are facing staff shortages due to cases too so not even just a case of people becoming seriously ill but key workers having to isolate. That’s not even including people with other illnesses who desperately need treatment. 
This is why I believe the club do deserve criticism for not being better prepared for a very likely scenario and as a result inviting fans to congregate at the stadium in large numbers to get tickets. I’d have sympathy in 2020 but almost 2 years on we should have proper contingencies in place. 

3 days ago we had 516 people in hospital. 38% increase you said, I suggest you check your maths.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, brokeville said:

3 days ago we had 516 people in hospital. 38% increase you said, I suggest you check your maths.

The data I read said that the week ending the 19th, 392 people were admitted to hospital. 

44 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

540 as of yesterday which is a 38% increase from 3 days prior. If allowed to continue and the rate stays the same then it will be over 1,000 by New Year. Hospitals and other emergency services are facing staff shortages due to cases too so not even just a case of people becoming seriously ill but key workers having to isolate. That’s not even including people with other illnesses who desperately need treatment. 

This is why I believe the club do deserve criticism for not being better prepared for a very likely scenario and as a result inviting fans to congregate at the stadium in large numbers to get tickets. I’d have sympathy in 2020 but almost 2 years on we should have proper contingencies in place. 

There is a covid thread for this, so i'm loathe to get into this on here, but thats just not true. 3 days ago there were 514 in hospital. 

What, all in the same one?

There are 36 A&E dept's in Scotland, that's an average of 15 each, occupying beds & staff.

More likely to be extremely unlucky to find yourself stuck in an hospital corridor because of them.

I'm treble jabbed buddy and in my 30's I won't be anywhere near a hospital. It's quiet down here the now but even when it was bad our ICU was filled with older folk with other underlying health conditions and antivaxxers.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There is a covid thread for this, so i'm loathe to get into this on here, but thats just not true. 3 days ago there were 514 in hospital. 

Was only commenting on what was said by someone else. Happy to stand corrected on the number but it was the government website that said as of the week ended the 19th of December 392 patients were admitted to hospital and yesterday 540 were being treated in hospital.

Anyway the point I was making was about the clear rise in cases and effort to mitigate people gathering and transmitting it as much as possible. 

Was only commenting on what was said by someone else. Happy to stand corrected on the number but it was the government website that said as of the week ended the 19th of December 392 patients were admitted to hospital and yesterday 540 were being treated in hospital.
Anyway the point I was making was about the clear rise in cases and effort to mitigate people gathering and transmitting it as much as possible. 

Same time last year we had 1025 in hospital. Given the hysteria from the government and media I’m not sure even with the new variant we’ll hit that this year. Hopefully I’m right.

If we don’t I see no reason that the 500 spectator limit is increased for our next home game. [emoji1694]

23 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Thats all fair enough, but this thread has taken a turn towards shouting down anyone being critical of a scotgov poilcy that directly affects all of our reason for being here, ie our supporting of this club. Its not March 2020 anyway, if the govt want to employ arbitrary restrictions on people and "make a point"* by shutting down football stadiums, and they fail to provide a scientific basis for doing so, they absolutely deserve to be criticised. 

Personally, I am deeply angry with the current covid response, and I wont be lectured or spoken down to by anyone who has less of a grasp of the daily covid data and stats than I do. There is little to no evidence that the current increase in case numbers is going to cause a problem with hospital capacity. Anyway, as I said, theres a thread for this, so i'll be leaving it at that on the Falkirk thread. 

*by their own admission

Edited by Bairnardo

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats all fair enough, but this thread has taken a turn towards shouting down anyone being critical of a scotgov poilcy that directly affects all of our reason for being here, ie our supporting of this club. Its not March 2020 anyway, if the govt want to employ arbitrary restrictions on people and "make a point"* by shutting down football stadiums, and they fail to provide a scientific basis for doing so, they absolutely deserve to be criticised. 

Personally, I am deeply angry with the current covid response, and I wont be lectured or spoken down to by anyone who has less of a grasp of the daily covid data and stats than I do. There is little to no evidence that the current increase in case numbers is going to cause a problem with hospital capacity. Anyway, as I said, theres a thread for this, so i'll be leaving it at that on the Falkirk thread. 

*by their own admission

In what way am I shouting you down!? 

I just understand the need to do something while cases soar however I can equally understand the annoyance at the way the government is handling it. Doesn’t appear to be much joined up thinking. 

I just think the sensible thing right now is to limit the chances of it spreading.

Anyway thats another topic of discussion. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Same time last year we had 1025 in hospital. Given the hysteria from the government and media I’m not sure even with the new variant we’ll hit that this year. Hopefully I’m right.

If we don’t I see no reason that the 500 spectator limit is increased for our next home game. emoji1694.png

Hope you’re right. 

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

In what way am I shouting you down!? 

I just understand the need to do something while cases soar however I can equally understand the annoyance at the way the government is handling it. Doesn’t appear to be much joined up thinking. 

I just think the sensible thing right now is to limit the chances of it spreading.

Anyway thats another topic of discussion. 

I realise that looked like it was particularly directed at you, which wasn't my intention, more the general tone over the last couple of pages towards people who have called scotgovs blatant theatrics into question. Quite a lot of handwringing going on and those sorts of sanctimonious inferences that folk are being selfish or callous, when really the data and science doesn't actually support the need for any measures, and if i did, having 500 at the football certainly shouldn't be chief among them. 

But aye, lets move this along because we see how it can get bogged down. 

3-0 Falkirk, Goodwillie to get absolutely hoofed clean over the boards on the empty side and into a freezing puddle by a rampant Gary Miller. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I realise that looked like it was particularly directed at you, which wasn't my intention, more the general tone over the last couple of pages towards people who have called scotgovs blatant theatrics into question. Quite a lot of handwringing going on and those sorts of sanctimonious inferences that folk are being selfish or callous, when really the data and science doesn't actually support the need for any measures, and if i did, having 500 at the football certainly shouldn't be chief among them. 

But aye, lets move this along because we see how it can get bogged down. 

3-0 Falkirk, Goodwillie to get absolutely hoofed clean over the boards on the empty side and into a freezing puddle by a rampant Gary Miller. 

Now we’re talking! 👍🏻 

2 hours ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Those that were in Vaduz ( real fans) to get priority for all ticketed matches, and rightly so.

Sorry Vaduz was a glory hunters game with 1000 there, 1st European game ever, touristy fans went over. Real fans went to Sligo for a mere challenge cup game only 80 there, these REAL FANS should get priority 😆

25 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Sorry Vaduz was a glory hunters game with 1000 there, 1st European game ever, touristy fans went over. Real fans went to Sligo for a mere challenge cup game only 80 there, these REAL FANS should get priority 😆

I raise you Mull on a sunday on a ore season friendly,i think it was 17-0 and Tony Parkes played upfront 

PS pure coincidence but I was in Mull 😆