The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why is it? 
A ballot 2/3 days before a game and i guarantee that 20% would have handed them back as they had something else on and the club would have spent a massive about of time communicating to others who missed out. IMO this is the only workable option in such a short timescale 
FFS think things through first  

Agreed. 1st come 1st served seems fair considering the circumstances

Why not just operate the same way as the start of the season and ballot the season ticket holders.
Totally appreciate that there’s little time but we’ve known about the restricted capacity for well over 24 hours and surely this could have been organised with tickets send out digitally tomorrow or Friday?
First come first served (after 120 have been taken off for hospitality) doon the club shop at 9am tomorrow is crazy.
If the club can provide a decent reason for handling it this way then fair enough but I am amazed this is how they’re allocating the tickets.
It puts the people who work 9-5 right out the equation. Oldies and shift workers getting preferance

9 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
3 hours ago, Hughsie said:

It puts the people who work 9-5 right out the equation. Oldies and shift workers getting preferance

I resemble that remark. 
On the “50 tickets” issue, perhaps a limit of 4 per person would have helped. By all means, go to the back of the queue and try again for another 4.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Guest Caractacus Potts

Fair play for Jamie Swinney trying to explain it. Can’t understand why there was no contingency in place as this was always a possibility. Thought they’d have details and contacts of who bought tickets, families etc. Maybe just again highlights the ineptitude of the old board that nothing was in place as the new board have had enough to deal with to have even have paid thought to this. 

If I had a season ticket I would be fucking raging at how this has turned out.

However, I don't so all is well. 

I presume those who get tickets for Sunday won't be entitled to a ticket for the Dumbarton game? Only fair for other ST holders to get a crack at it.

Edited by latapythelegend

Guest Ecosse83

Scandalous that only 500 will be in attendance. I hope the club get compensated for the drop in revenue. 

Hopefully Sturgeon listens to Dave Cormacks Twitter plea 😂

36 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I revert back to my previous comment re “bovril being too hot”.....just change that to “ticketing arrangements” :)

You think that having an issue with something means people "aren't backing the board"? 

Is it, absolutely no criticism allowed on any aspect of the club, for you?

57 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
4 hours ago, bairn88 said:
How do you contain a virus Jesus fucking wept 

Masks and social distancing is a good start.

It's much stricter with the above in Europe and that's not helped. 

No easy answers but masks and distancing will be dropped in many venues outside many football stadiums daily. 

500 in the TFS and many football grounds is the equivalent of 10 people in Tescos/Asda

I think a fair percentage of ST holders would happily sit in their cozy houses and watch the game in the warmth of their own homes having a few drinks and some snacks with maybe family members cheering on the Bairns.
The thought of sitting on a cold December day with another 500 fans rattling about like peas in a pod in that soulless ice bucket of a stadium…Fill your boots, I know which I’d prefer.

If the ‘old board’ had made this decision this place would’ve been in meltdown. However now that most folk have a pal on the ‘new board’ then let’s all pretend ‘it’s the best we could’ve done.’

I’m all for getting behind this new board and will be joining the FSS but I’m hoping we start to see improvements soon. I know things take time but this decision is no different from the previous regime and Gary Holt is still stealing a wage. Time to get to work…

If the ‘old board’ had made this decision this place would’ve been in meltdown. However now that most folk have a pal on the ‘new board’ then let’s all pretend ‘it’s the best we could’ve done.’
I’m all for getting behind this new board and will be joining the FSS but I’m hoping we start to see improvements soon. I know things take time but this decision is no different from the previous regime and Gary Holt is still stealing a wage. Time to get to work…

I was just about to write something similar, it's interesting seeing the volte-face of a few posters now that they/their friends are on the board.
That said I'm not that fussed with this tbh, they've tried to make a quick choice in very difficult circumstances. I wouldn't have made the game in any case so won't be queueing up tomorrow.

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Think that’s a fair point and I think fair criticism of the board should always be welcome. That doesn’t mean to say that we don’t want them to succeed. 

Problems with previous boards have been not listening to fans so I don’t think it’s good enough to just say get behind them when there are questions to be asked. Think most people are being reasonable here too.

Tough situation with tickets. Any system with 4 days notice would probably draw complaints.

Opening behind the goals however is fantastic stuff and the sort of thing I’m glad we’re doing. The rules are an utter joke and I’m glad we’re paying suitable lip service to them. Hope we can all be back in the south stand in 4 weeks time. 

40 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think a fair percentage of ST holders would happily sit in their cozy houses and watch the game in the warmth of their own homes having a few drinks and some snacks with maybe family members cheering on the Bairns.
The thought of sitting on a cold December day with another 500 fans rattling about like peas in a pod in that soulless ice bucket of a stadium…Fill your boots, I know which I’d prefer.

I would rather sit in the soulless ice bucket watching live football.

Spend enough time looking at screens.

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Tough situation with tickets. Any system with 4 days notice would probably draw complaints.

Opening behind the goals however is fantastic stuff and the sort of thing I’m glad we’re doing. The rules are an utter joke and I’m glad we’re paying suitable lip service to them. Hope we can all be back in the south stand in 4 weeks time. 

Yeh tough decision but I would have thought a system would already have been in place. At least Swinney has been there since the start of the season so maybe a little bit of an oversight on his not to plan for such an event or maybe it was taken out of his hands by the previous board.

No harm done but hopefully a better solution is in place for the next match that also avoids people needlessly queuing outside and hundreds moving in and out of the shop when efforts are being made to slow down the spread.