The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes, so why are we messing about with football?

If something is half as deadly but twice as transmissible is it worse, better or the same? 

Rates are increasing at a large rate so the government can’t take risk. Even if you have little illness, if you test positive you need to isolate so that adds further pressure on to hospitals and industry. The spread has to stop. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

If something is half as deadly but twice as transmissible is it worse, better or the same? 

Rates are increasing at a large rate so the government can’t take risk. Even if you have little illness, if you test positive you need to isolate so that adds further pressure on to hospitals and industry. The spread has to stop. 
Totally correct. The high transmission is having a big effect on transport and care

Yes, so why are we messing about with football?

I think the SG are still are waiting on the results of the research to establish how this strain is going to behave. It would be nice to be able to wait to see how individuals are impacted but bottom line is they are not willing to take the risk.

The issue here is Football is a mere sport and will not stand in the way of any public emergency…I know many posters on here have eluded to the problems and potential consequences this latest outbreak can have.

Many countries are bracing themselves and locking down and I think the SG should actually be applauded certainly not criticised as if they had made the wrong call many would have plenty to complain about.

Football in the grand scheme of things is not more important that life or death itself contrary to popular belief.

I think it’s also good we have a government who are happy to make tough decisions irrespective of biased views. It would be great if the UK government was a bit more transparent too and maybe we would all act as one to contain the virus once and for all.

Rant over (I know this a football forum sometimes)[emoji23]

14 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think the SG are still are waiting on the results of the research to establish how this strain is going to behave. It would be nice to be able to wait to see how individuals are impacted but bottom line is they are not willing to take the risk.

The issue here is Football is a mere sport and will not stand in the way of any public emergency…I know many posters on here have eluded to the problems and potential consequences this latest outbreak can have.

Many countries are bracing themselves and locking down and I think the SG should actually be applauded certainly not criticised as if they had made the wrong call many would have plenty to complain about.

Football in the grand scheme of things is not more important that life or death itself contrary to popular belief.

I think it’s also good we have a government who are happy to make tough decisions irrespective of biased views. It would be great if the UK government was a bit more transparent too and maybe we would all act as one to contain the virus once and for all.

Rant over (I know this a football forum sometimes)emoji23.png

How do you contain a virus Jesus fucking wept 

Guest Back Post Misses

It shows how absolutely nuts this decision is to limit the attendance. The SS Bar open, all enclosed, people drinking and watching a game going on 50 yards from the pitch. 

Sturgeon and her crew have called this so wrong. 

Why not just operate the same way as the start of the season and ballot the season ticket holders.

Totally appreciate that there’s little time but we’ve known about the restricted capacity for well over 24 hours and surely this could have been organised with tickets send out digitally tomorrow or Friday?

First come first served (after 120 have been taken off for hospitality) doon the club shop at 9am tomorrow is crazy.

If the club can provide a decent reason for handling it this way then fair enough but I am amazed this is how they’re allocating the tickets.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

It shows how absolutely nuts this decision is to limit the attendance. The SS Bar open, all enclosed, people drinking and watching a game going on 50 yards from the pitch. 

So have the club. 

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

How do we continue to make terrible decisions. First come first served. Get to f**k. 

Why is it? 
A ballot 2/3 days before a game and i guarantee that 20% would have handed them back as they had something else on and the club would have spent a massive about of time communicating to others who missed out. IMO this is the only workable option in such a short timescale 
FFS think things through first  

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It’s absolutely crazy- I’d love to see Leitch provide the evidence that it’s safer to have people packed into mates’ houses and pubs than an open air football match.

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Why not just operate the same way as the start of the season and ballot the season ticket holders.

Totally appreciate that there’s little time but we’ve known about the restricted capacity for well over 24 hours and surely this could have been organised with tickets send out digitally tomorrow or Friday?

First come first served (after 120 have been taken off for hospitality) doon the club shop at 9am tomorrow is crazy.

If the club can provide a decent reason for handling it this way then fair enough but I am amazed this is how they’re allocating the tickets.

Timescale for me and the reasons I gave in another post. You could possibly have had 50% of the tickets online and 50% at the shop but can’t see any other way given the short time available 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why is it? 
A ballot 2/3 days before a game and i guarantee that 20% would have handed them back as they had something else on and the club would have spent a massive about of time communicating to others who missed out. IMO this is the only workable option in such a short timescale 

Make it opt in, either in person or via email. Allocate tickets randomly among those who opt in. Send tickets out digitally or make them available for collection at the club shop up till kick off on Sunday. Remove those who get a ticket from the next ballot for the next game and allocate in the same way.

They shouldn't have been put in this position but they've not made the best of it IMO. Makes it very difficult for anyone working at 9am on a Thursday to get a ticket.

Edited by Marshmallo

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Timescale for me and the reasons I gave in another post. You could possibly have had 50% of the tickets online and 50% at the shop but can’t see any other way given the short time available 

Just do the ballot like they did at the start of the season for the League Cup games.

If people couldn’t make it they’d have passed on their season tickets to someone else and if some of the 380 seats were unused then that’s unfortunate but still hugely favourable to making it first come first served IMO.

Why are they taking 120 for hospitality?

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Marshmallo said:

Make it opt in, either in person or via email. Allocate tickets randomly among those who opt in. Send tickets out digitally or make them available for collection at the club shop up till kick off on Sunday. Remove those from the ballot for the next game and allocate in the same way.

They shouldn't have been put in this position but they've not made the best of it IMO. Makes it very difficult for anyone working at 9am on a Thursday to get a ticket.

I said in another post make 50% of them online 50% at the shop is about all I can see what else they could have done in such a short timescale. 

Guest Back Post Misses
3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Make it opt in, either in person or via email. Allocate tickets randomly among those who opt in. Send tickets out digitally or make them available for collection at the club shop up till kick off on Sunday. Remove those from the ballot for the next game and allocate in the same way.

Jamie Swinney explaining it 

D3FA60E6-254D-4C1D-B0B3-73122DFD78B5.png

Guest Back Post Misses
4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Just do the ballot like they did at the start of the season for the League Cup games.

If people couldn’t make it they’d have passed on their season tickets to someone else and if some of the 380 seats were unused then that’s unfortunate but still hugely favourable to making it first come first served IMO.

Why are they taking 120 for hospitality?

Don’t know about hospitality other than they will have paid suppliers and it was sold out? Double whammy if they closed that? 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why is it? 

Absolute nonsense and you know it. Had this happened before you invested some money you’d be all over it but you can’t possibly say a bad word about the club now. First come first served is the most unfair way. 

Also, how the f**k can you ‘guarantee’ 20% would hand them back? Another nonsense statement.

Also, hospitality day trippers trumping season ticket holders 🤷🏼‍♂️

Another poor call from the club but “let’s all pull together”