The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anti Vaxer libertarian types have no sense of social responsibility.

Their interest stretches no further than themselves and you can be sure that they will avail themselves of the NHS in the event that they do become ill with the virus.

No one likes the restrictions but we are living in exceptional times and I though I am personally scunnered that football is affected again I accept it’s a relatively small price to pay to combat this plague.

There is no correlation between antivaxxers and Liberty.

I believe in vaccinations as o route to freedom.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Error

I've had to watch all our games in Falkirk TV or the away team TV since covid began.  Not missed a game in that time home or away.  This is due to having some vulnerable health conditions and not wanting to put myself at risk.   While watching it on your computer is not the same as actually being there, you get used to it.  I even buy catering packs of Bovril so I can have the compulsory meaty salty drink at half time.  So if it turns out to be only 3-4 games, it will be ok for everyone.  Plus you get to hear Louis say "on this occasion" X number of times a game :) 

20 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

Fairest way would be to give tickets to Hospitality, BFL, FSS and Patrons. 

Utter horse pish

Just because you are a member of these groups or happen to be in hospitality does not make you any less of a dedicated supporter.

Full ballot of season ticket holders is the only way

14 minutes ago, Falkirkbairn90 said:

In other news, Falkirk played very well in a bounce game against Dunfermline yesterday. Drew 1-1 and should've been out of sight in the first half. Played a new formation and looked a different team. There is hope

Don't. Just don't. I've resigned myself to us doing nothing this season and just letting Rennie concentrate on getting us promoted next season (if he's still here) Don't build up my hopes of us making the play-offs, please.

Mind you, it was just Scumfermline, they are shite too. Probably nothing to get excited about. Sigh.

1 hour ago, kemlinbairn said:

Utter horse pish

Just because you are a member of these groups or happen to be in hospitality does not make you any less of a dedicated supporter.

Full ballot of season ticket holders is the only way

Was just a suggestion, could be a way to incentivise membership.   

I don't think season ticket holders are any more dedicated than PATG either but probably easiest balloting that way.  (excluding the under 12 freebie season tickets?)

Will still have a number of no shows like we had in the league cup group games. 

If I were to get a ticket in a ballot then I'd give it back for someone else, am working boxing night so no drink. I'd rather go to another game where I could have a few in behind the goals. Could be a similar scenario to start of the season, so many got tickets for 1 game then the other season ticket holders got the next game although with only 1 in 5 getting in would be worse than before.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Any more info?

3-5-2 (maybe slightly different) with McGuffie LWB and Williamson RWB. Miller and Telfer in midfield combining brilliantly with Keena up top. Morrison looked to be roaming. Weathered a storm first 10 then hammered Fifers all the way to HT. CBs looked to be on a dribbling ban and it worked well. Lemon still not ready but we hit the post, Mehmet for Fifers made 2/3 great saves. Changes rung at 55 minutes or so just after they equalised but up until then we looked stronger defensively. Everyone had clearly defined roles. They knew what to do and didn't look like conceding often. Complete opposite from what we've seen all season. Headless chickens not having a clue to actually looking like a team. Hetherington there but not playing or part of subs. Not sure if he's injured

2 hours ago, Falkirkbairn90 said:

3-5-2 (maybe slightly different) with McGuffie LWB and Williamson RWB. Miller and Telfer in midfield combining brilliantly with Keena up top. Morrison looked to be roaming. Weathered a storm first 10 then hammered Fifers all the way to HT. CBs looked to be on a dribbling ban and it worked well. Lemon still not ready but we hit the post, Mehmet for Fifers made 2/3 great saves. Changes rung at 55 minutes or so just after they equalised but up until then we looked stronger defensively. Everyone had clearly defined roles. They knew what to do and didn't look like conceding often. Complete opposite from what we've seen all season. Headless chickens not having a clue to actually looking like a team. Hetherington there but not playing or part of subs. Not sure if he's injured

Don't fancy Mcguffie as the left wing back but hopefully that's just because Mccann is out either injured or with covid. Was there any trialists playing?