The Falkirk FC Thread

You know, quite a few on here are experts in fields from football management, politics and of course Covid 19.

There is some amount of sh*t spouted on here at the best of time but come on.

The SG are going into this mini lockdown costing the country millions of pounds, the same happening in Wales and probably over the border too in due course. I take it they just doing this to spoil everyone’s fun?

What’s going to happen when the hospitals are full to the brim - look at the state we’re in just now recovering from the last Covid outbreak.

If it keeps people safe. I say do whatever is necessary - we may miss a few games but a small price to pay.

There is also the possibility that if the variant is mild as has been reported the restrictions may not last 3 weeks.

Guest Back Post Misses

The London Mayor was on radio yesterday saying nearly 97% of all hospitalisations were unvaccinated people. That is what needs tackling.

7800 in hospital yesterday. So around 150 of those have been vaccinated. For me, and I had this bloody thing really bad in March 2020, this is completely disproportionate and is a waste of time. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The London Mayor was on radio yesterday saying nearly 97% of all hospitalisations were unvaccinated people. That is what needs tackling.

7800 in hospital yesterday. So around 150 of those have been vaccinated. For me, and I had this bloody thing really bad in March 2020, this is completely disproportionate and is a waste of time. 

Trouble is there is so much disinformation over the vaccine then there are the numptys "I'm not getting the vaccine you dont know what they put into it" yet they are quite happy to eat anything or take drugs and even one of the doctors from ICU in covid ward on Sky said yesterday once they go into get treated in ICU the drugs they have to use all have side effects so its a balancing act to what works on what person.

End of the day folk want to be anti vax thats up to them but for to contribute to the spread whilst refusing to be vaccinated it's a bit c*ntish

There's a risk in everything we do in life, you take a risk on the vaccine or you take a risk in catching covid its down to the individuals choice and which one they would rather take a chance on.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Trouble is there is so much disinformation over the vaccine then there are the numptys "I'm not getting the vaccine you dont know what they put into it" yet they are quite happy to eat anything or take drugs and even one of the doctors from ICU in covid ward on Sky said yesterday once they go into get treated in ICU the drugs they have to use all have side effects so its a balancing act to what works on what person.

End of the day folk want to be anti vax thats up to them but for to contribute to the spread whilst refusing to be vaccinated it's a bit c*ntish

There's a risk in everything we do in life, you take a risk on the vaccine or you take a risk in catching covid its down to the individuals choice and which one they would rather take a chance on.

Couldn’t have put it better 

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Yes, but if you decide to take the "risk" of taking the vaccine (which is tiny), then not only are you protecting yourself but you are also protecting other members of society, particularly those perhaps more vulnerable than yourself. 

If you decide not not take the vaccine then you are not only endangering yourself but you are also endangering the lives of countless innocent people. All just to prove a point, eh? 

The Scottish government is IMHO doing the right thing, erring on the side of caution. At the end of the day, it is only a few football matches that we are missing, there are more important things in life, surely?

Freedom Corona GIF by Utah Cribs

You know, quite a few on here are experts in fields from football management, politics and of course Covid 19.

There is some amount of sh*t spouted on here at the best of time but come on.

The SG are going into this mini lockdown costing the country millions of pounds, the same happening in Wales and probably over the border too in due course. I take it they just doing this to spoil everyone’s fun?

What’s going to happen when the hospitals are full to the brim - look at the state we’re in just now recovering from the last Covid outbreak.

If it keeps people safe. I say do whatever is necessary - we may miss a few games but a small price to pay.

There is also the possibility that if the variant is mild as has been reported the restrictions may not last 3 weeks.
The big problem I have is the selection of football crowds but not shopping centers. I would probably go for a real lockdown for a month as a circuit breaker.
Hospitals are more impacted by the backlog from last time. People getting admitted are much more ill even in mental health. This has been caused by services being stopped for too long to redeploy staff. That's the current situation but more Omicron patient will just compound it.

2 minutes ago, brokeville said:

I see the ‘experts’ are out in force! Easy solution to the 3 weeks, just postpone all the games and extend the season. Simple really.

Seeing as how you find the solution to be simple, you must be an 'expert'  too then?

I'd like to have seen us follow Germany and place strict restrictions on those that are not vaccinated. You can't get into shops, cinemas, restaurants or leisure facilities if you are not vaccinated.  Vaccination is to be mandatory by February there.  They've limited football crowds to 15000.

40 minutes ago, brokeville said:

I see the ‘experts’ are out in force! Easy solution to the 3 weeks, just postpone all the games and extend the season. Simple really.

Postponing games comes with the risk of the shutdown lasting longer than 3 weeks again, then suddenly there is no time to fit these postponed games back in.  

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like to have seen us follow Germany and place strict restrictions on those that are not vaccinated. You can't get into shops, cinemas, restaurants or leisure facilities if you are not vaccinated.  Vaccination is to be mandatory by February there.  They've limited football crowds to 15000.

Agree - you'd be restricting all Rangers fans/Rangers sympathisers and it would be great entertainment.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree. To @Dawson Park Boy and your ilk, don't you dare come on here and try to compare this with how the Jews were treated in Nazi Germany, don't you dare. I just know that you'll be itching to.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yes, but if you decide to take the "risk" of taking the vaccine (which is tiny), then not only are you protecting yourself but you are also protecting other members of society, particularly those perhaps more vulnerable than yourself. 

If you decide not not take the vaccine then you are not only endangering yourself but you are also endangering the lives of countless innocent people. All just to prove a point, eh? 

The Scottish government is IMHO doing the right thing, erring on the side of caution. At the end of the day, it is only a few football matches that we are missing, there are more important things in life, surely?

Freedom Corona GIF by Utah Cribs

Vaccinated people can spread the virus just the same as unvaccinated so they aren’t endangering others any more or less than people with the vaccination. 

They will, however, more likely need hospital treatment, which puts pressure on the NHS and ends up with rules being imposed and potential lockdowns for everyone. 

Vaccinated people can spread the virus just the same as unvaccinated so they aren’t endangering others any more or less than people with the vaccination. 

They will, however, more likely need hospital treatment, which puts pressure on the NHS and ends up with rules being imposed and potential lockdowns for everyone. 

You are correct that both can still spread it but the chances of carrying it are lower if vaccinated, as the vaccine provides some resistance to infection, so the likelihood of passing to someone else is lower. It’s around 70% less likely if you have had the booster.
Therefore it’s clearly safer to get vaccinated.

Falkirk TV
22:37 (33 minutes ago)
to Falkirk, bcc: me

Dear Fellow Falkirk Fans

Thank you for your support this season purchasing a season ticket.

The vast majority of you will have not used Falkirk TV this season, however after the announcement made by the Scottish Government today, it's likely a good number of you may not be able to attend home games for the next few weeks at least.

Like last season your season ticket also allows you to watch the game via Falkirk TV, therefore find your login details for the 2021/22 season, please note any logins you had for last season are no longer valid.

Anyone know if this is likely to be the case for ST bought at the beginning of the season or had similar info?

I've not had any correspondence from the club with updated info since yesterdays announcement.

Anti Vaxer libertarian types have no sense of social responsibility.

Their interest stretches no further than themselves and you can be sure that they will avail themselves of the NHS in the event that they do become ill with the virus.

No one likes the restrictions but we are living in exceptional times and I though I am personally scunnered that football is affected again I accept it’s a relatively small price to pay to combat this plague.

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You are correct that both can still spread it but the chances of carrying it are lower if vaccinated, as the vaccine provides some resistance to infection, so the likelihood of passing to someone else is lower. It’s around 70% less likely if you have had the booster.
Therefore it’s clearly safer to get vaccinated.

I agree with that. I’m fully vaccinated and believe everyone should be, however, the post I quoted made it sound like being vaccinated stopped you from spreading it