The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Abiding memory of Austin was him scoring but  then missing two sitters in the first 20 mins  against st mirren on the opening day of the season . We went on to lose 3 1 and it's been downhill all the way since.  Very good lower level striker but struggled at the real top end of the championship. Was very poor in the league playoffs against united .

Disaster of a day, should have had the game won in the first 15 minutes, Loy goes off injured and was never the same player.

As you say the beginning of our collapse to where we are now.

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Disaster of a day, should have had the game won in the first 15 minutes, Loy goes off injured and was never the same player.

As you say the beginning of our collapse to where we are now.

So, being in the position we are in had nowt to do with Paul Hartley, Ray McKinnon, M & M, Paul Sheerin, Gary Holt, Margaret Lang, Craig Campbell and Gary Deans? It was all Rory Loy and Nathan Austin's fault ? Pair of b*st*rds. 😋

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Abiding memory of Austin was him scoring but  then missing two sitters in the first 20 mins  against st mirren on the opening day of the season . We went on to lose 3 1 and it's been downhill all the way since.  Very good lower level striker but struggled at the real top end of the championship. Was very poor in the league playoffs against united .

So basically exactly what we’ve been missing for 2.5 seasons !!

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, being in the position we are in had nowt to do with Paul Hartley, Ray McKinnon, M & M, Paul Sheerin, Gary Holt, Margaret Lang, Craig Campbell and Gary Deans? It was all Rory Loy and Nathan Austin's fault ? Pair of b*st*rds. 😋

Bit of a smart arse post.

Beginning of our slide, not the entire reason or anything like it.

Bit of a smart arse post.
Beginning of our slide, not the entire reason or anything like it.
If you were forced to to pick a moment in time where it all changed on the park, its that day. 100%

Sunny as f**k, big, loud away crowd going through there to start off a season where we wanted to win the league, and walked away instead humped by the eventual champs with some of our ongoing issues for the season revealing themselves that very day

4 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Read the article in the FH in which Rennie comments him and Kenny Miller have connections all around the world, it would suggest any incoming players go through him and not GH (thank f**k)

Yes but he also says that its Holts job to get the deals over the line so Martin & Kenny can recommend all the players they want - its still down to Holt to make it happen.  

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

Yes but he also says that its Holts job to get the deals over the line so Martin & Kenny can recommend all the players they want - its still down to Holt to make it happen.  

Thats that f**ked then, has he been appointed Killie manager yet ? 

Not sure how many STs we achieved this season, but how the hell they divi the tickets (500) is anyones guess. The true number is likely to be 450 or less once the freebies are handed out. 

I’ve just bought a half season ST so I won’t be applying, wouldn’t be fair to folk who have gone all season. I’ll make do with Falkirk TV.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve just bought a half season ST so I won’t be applying, wouldn’t be fair to folk who have gone all season. I’ll make do with Falkirk TV.

The tickets should really go to folk who bought full STs, that's only fair. I imagine it will be a lottery to decide who gets them with the winners then missing out V Dumbarton? 

There should be absolutely NO comps and no away fans allowed (although the last bit is just common sense).

From what I can see indoor hospitality can stay open, with distancing rules.

In that case could we go ahead with hospitality to secure that income, then make up the rest of the 500 with STs. Also, could open behind the goals for watching on FTV only, and south stand wouldn’t be open, again dampening loss of income 

Edited by bairn88