The Falkirk FC Thread

Ive no doubt dowds has been doing well but I wouldn't be getting on Twitter and going mental about goals for a player whose only scored 4 in 18 appearances this season. It's hardly prolific by any means. Let's not forget that we will be paying some of dowds wages so when his loan runs out he'll come back to us and only be going elsewhere if Rennie doesn't want him.  No point in us paying him to play elsewhere if he can do a job for us .

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That AGM is the gift that keeps on giving, and will be for as long as that melt remains at our club.

Praying Killie fall for his bullshit tbh.

That AGM could have been the best thing for our club in forcing a regime change. 

Understand some don’t want to make light of it but if it’s worth remembering. 

29 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

You know what I meant. His brother says he hopes he ends up nowhere near us. Must’ve been a decent bust up. 

As a long  standing  EF fan and like all of us EF fans a big ” Tonks” fan- we have been surprised by his lack of success at Falkirk but not at Arbroath.  We always believed taking into account how young he is in professional terms he could play in a much higher level than even championship. As  a much loved player  by us , we have been  surprised  by the vocal distaste by many  Falkirk posters on this forum ,  not only on this forum but posting on our  EF forum  and  indeed the Arbroath forum before he even kicked a ball for them- descriptions like “ dugshite “ from that Eknob boy!.etc .

Anyway his lovely  “large “ family from all generations,  always support him, came to all our  games with EF and  as   a small family club we all recognised them- i don't recognise this person at all from the many games they came to- who says he is his brother? - or do people just want a story to fill the narrative?. All i know , from the many times he was MOM for us and again at the weekend, he comes across as a very descent lad, intelligent , hard working and successful in business before he decided to take a plunge into FT football. - he will be smarter than those who are speaking to him( probably way to smart for Sheerin) and would not surprise me if he  will have read and probably ignored the nonsense on these threads -but like any of us wont forget what was said- for me  i cant believe  any of his family would be allowed to talk such nonsense on any forum-  he comes across as his own guy- he will make his own decision- the rest in my view is just noise….

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ive no doubt dowds has been doing well but I wouldn't be getting on Twitter and going mental about goals for a player whose only scored 4 in 18 appearances this season. It's hardly prolific by any means. Let's not forget that we will be paying some of dowds wages so when his loan runs out he'll come back to us and only be going elsewhere if Rennie doesn't want him.  No point in us paying him to play elsewhere if he can do a job for us .

Lies , dam lies and statistics . On BBC goals he has the best goals per minutes at Arbroath. Reading his stuff on the press, he has covid, got half a game in a league  cup game  vs Hamilton and is punted as No4 striker. Seemingly joins Arbroath, no match fit, lacking confidence, gets lots of 5 min subs roles and scores vs top teams in the league- Raith, Kilmarnock, Thistlle. And at the weekend no 3 in 4 vs Morton… .. but no good enough for Falkirk….behave…

Edited by Its not only a game

3 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Nathan Austin was not and quite possibly still is not anywhere near good enough to play at the top end of the championship. 

Maybees I, maybees no, but you guys are no way near top on league1 forget Championship. We are the poorest we have been in years, whilst weather was awful at the weekend , it was poor vs very poor at the weekend… you guys have a long way to go before thinking top of the championship.

10 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Maybees I, maybees no, but you guys are no way near top on league1 forget Championship. We are the poorest we have been in years, whilst weather was awful at the weekend , it was poor vs very poor at the weekend… you guys have a long way to go before thinking top of the championship.

How could you tell?

Dowds made zero starts under Holt, the laughable sub appearance of playing him in a no10 role at Airdrie when clearly he isn't a no10 and the best option was either sub Sammon(who was getting feck all outta the game) or put him out wide or pair him with Dowds, Holt attempts square pegs into round holes.

It's safe to say Holt doesn't rate him 

33 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Think you’ve missed the point. When Austin was with us we were competing at the top end of the championship hence the reason he never quite cut it.

46 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Aye going from middle of league 2 to the top of the champ was too big a jump for him at the time, definitely had the ability but always seemed to be looking for a foul rather than scoring when he was in the navy blue.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Aye going from middle of league 2 to the top of the champ was too big a jump for him at the time, definitely had the ability but always seemed to be looking for a foul rather than scoring when he was in the navy blue.

Would probably do a job for us just now but as has been said was lacking when we were competing in the Championship.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think you’ve missed the point. When Austin was with us we were competing at the top end of the championship hence the reason he never quite cut it.

Let’s wait and see when you guys play Kelly Hearts next season.

Interesting to see what Rennie does with Dowds and the fringe (loan) players. ( Dowds looks like he’s dropped quite a bit of weight but is he our answer ?)

Really hoping that guys like McDaid are shown the door ( guys body language from the first game was appalling) With ten or so days till the transfer window opens, for me this is the most crucial window for a long time. 
Desperate to see at least at least a commanding CB, MF and CF brought in. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Interesting to see what Rennie does with Dowds and the fringe (loan) players. ( Dowds looks like he’s dropped quite a bit of weight but is he our answer ?)

Really hoping that guys like McDaid are shown the door ( guys body language from the first game was appalling) With ten or so days till the transfer window opens, for me this is the most crucial window for a long time. 
Desperate to see at least at least a commanding CB, MF and CF brought in. 

Read the article in the FH in which Rennie comments him and Kenny Miller have connections all around the world, it would suggest any incoming players go through him and not GH (thank f**k)

Abiding memory of Austin was him scoring but  then missing two sitters in the first 20 mins  against st mirren on the opening day of the season . We went on to lose 3 1 and it's been downhill all the way since.  Very good lower level striker but struggled at the real top end of the championship. Was very poor in the league playoffs against united .