The Falkirk FC Thread

Most notable change in the team on Saturday was that Morrison was partnering Keena in the middle rather than out on the wing.  Williamson got a few crosses in the box where it would have been Morrison in other games.  Could be a great change for us if it works out.   Morrison could be formidable to defend against in that position.

Yep. Morrisons a good player but I don’t rate his distribution from wide.
Williamson looks class to me and if he can put in a few decent crosses to Morrison and Keena things might start looking up..

40 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Was busy at weekend so not done the rounds, but did Dowds get MOTM for Arbroath on Saturday? I know he got the winner.  Will be interesting to see what happens there.

Unfortunately I think we're caught between a rock and a hard place with this now. 

Arbroath won't want to lose him and he's already said he's keen to stay there - I can't see him coming back and starting - so on face of it, it suits all parties for Arbroath to keep him. 

However,  our lack of goals makes it seem like we're shunning a player in-form but can he be motivated similarly if he returned?

Bit of a clusterf**k for the management team to decide on.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Unfortunately I think we're caught between a rock and a hard place with this now. 

Arbroath won't want to lose him and he's already said he's keen to stay there - I can't see him coming back and starting - so on face of it, it suits all parties for Arbroath to keep him. 

However,  our lack of goals makes it seem like we're shunning a player in-form but can he be motivated similarly if he returned?

If our new management want him back then he will be coming back.

Up to him then to force his way into the team.

Remember it is a fresh start for all our players and dare I say it a much more attractive place to play.

36 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If Arbroath want him that bad then put a price on him. Seems incredible based on last season that he would be worth paying a fee for but if want him badly then they can cough up. If they continue at their current rate (and good on them) then they will be rather flush for a part time team come the end of the season. 

Edited by latapythelegend

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

If Arbroath want him that bad then put a price on him. Seems incredible based on last season that he would be worth paying a fee for but if want him badly then they can cough up. If they continue at their current rate (and good on them) then they will be rather flush for a part time team come the end of the season. 

Think we’re already pretty flush tbh

Dowds was excellent again. We were missing 6 players and our management team. Bare bones and he ran himself into the ground and scored a good winner. Our main man has been McKenna, his engine and drive is a joke and Dowds took it upon himself to do that without him at the weekend. I actually thought he was going to go off injured kind of pulled up but he kept going and never stopped. Relentless 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Yeah we need a squad, more competent forwards than just our starters. Get him back. Loaning him out from a squad that had Wilson and Ompreon left was fucking stupid anyway. Clean slate for all. If Dowds doesnt like it, tough shit. He can run down his deal and leave or as above, Arbroath can shell out a fee.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

It’s irrelevant if Arbroath don’t want to loose him, if the new manager rates him he’ll be back at Falkirk unless Arbroath want to test the water with a cash bid and also pick up his full time wage, being a part time outfit I don’t see that happening. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

We had Season Tickets in the Gazebo behind the goal, the snow was coming in horizontal, coldest ever at a football match. Should have been abandoned 

Coldest I ever was at a game was away in Inverness. Late 90’s. Gareth Hutchinson scored in a 1-1 draw. I eventually had to shelter behind a steel container in the away end. Snow coming home the following day was horrific. Sure I left a set of toes up there that day. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

His loan is till Christmas. 
If Rennie wants him back, he will be back end of. If Campbell wants him get the cash out or let us have Dylan Paterson 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Coldest I ever was at a game was away in Inverness. Late 90’s. Gareth Hutchinson scored in a 1-1 draw. I eventually had to shelter behind a steel container in the away end. Snow coming home the following day was horrific. Sure I left a set of toes up there that day. 

Montrose Links Park winter game mid 70's

Was already below freezing before kickoff then a gale started to blow off the north sea adding wind chill and sleet.

Chills the heart thinking about it.

Btw I would have sympathised with Dowds totally if the regime hadnt changed. He was treated poorly, but not by Rennie.

As it is, theres a new manager and that manager should have the one and only say in how to use the assets at his disposal, of which Dowds is one. If he brings his shooting boots back here with him, he will do as much if not more for his future as staying at Arbroath.

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

Is Holt still at Falkirk or did he leave as well?Just noticed this on Dowds brothers Twitter emoji23.png

Hhahahahah wow, is it actually? I’ve seen him under a few Dowds posts and almost every one is a go at Holt.

There must’ve been some bust up in the summer. Christ I fucking despise Gary Holt. Get him out of our club NOW. “Doesn’t meddle in first team affairs” aye? Get out. 

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

There will never be full backing for the new board until they rid themselves of that poultice. Has he not fucked off to Killie yet? 

Not that I’m a Holt apologist as I think he should go, but there will never be full backing for the Board.

If it’s not Holt, it will be something else like the FSS Director’s don’t represent me or the Bovril’s not hot enough.

Until we see the full picture of who does what over the next few weeks, particularly into the January transfer window, I’m quite prepared to back this Board. At the moment they haven’t done much wrong.

Not that I’m a Holt apologist as I think he should go, but there will never be full backing for the Board.
If it’s not Holt, it will be something else like the FSS Director’s don’t represent me or the Bovril’s not hot enough.

With the greatest of respect, this is absolute bollocks

Regarding the coldest game, was there not a game at Clydebank once where Jimmy Gilmour genuinely needed treatment for hypothermia at HT?

Regarding Dowds: get him back in the mix with us or get your wallets out, Arbroath. Gary Holt can pratfall down a mineshaft any time he likes.