The Falkirk FC Thread

I mind playing Aberdeen in the cup in the Ochilview season in really heavy snow and thinking it should be abandoned, but it wasn't. We got beat 2-0 IIRC.

4 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I thought i was going to die from hypothermia that day. Scott Booth scored from memory.

He did. I'm sure Andy Lawrie tried to keep the ball from going out for a throw in by heading it, then lost his balance and Aberdeen went on and scored.

He did. I'm sure Andy Lawrie tried to keep the ball from going out for a throw in by heading it, then lost his balance and Aberdeen went on and scored.

Thats a good memory, ive basically erased that season from my mind, as I have pretty much every game since the Dundee United play off game.

Just now, BudBairn said:

Thats a good memory, ive basically erased that season from my mind, as I have pretty much every game since the Dundee United play off game.

That Ochilview season was the first time I'd had a season ticket in three years as I'd worked on Saturdays. I also had hospitality there for my 21st which was a great day.

I think we played a Friday night game against Clyde in that season at Ochilview and it was the wettest I'd ever been at the football. I was soaked through, and actually drove home with my jeans around my ankles as they were so sodden.

Shite season. 

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think we played a Friday night game against Clyde in that season at Ochilview and it was the wettest I'd ever been at the football. I was soaked through, and actually drove home with my jeans around my ankles as they were so sodden.

Shite season. 

It was Shite, but we were Top of the League in December IIRC but never looked like winning the league

23 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I thought i was going to die from hypothermia that day. Scott Booth scored from memory.

We had Season Tickets in the Gazebo behind the goal, the snow was coming in horizontal, coldest ever at a football match. Should have been abandoned 

2 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

What about the 3-0 v St Mirren at Fir Park in the B and Q cup final.

I was in the very end seat in the stand along the side, furthest away from where we scored our goals. So all the action took place miles away. Good scenes behind the goals when we scored though.

We spent most of the match getting abused by the St Mirren fans who were standing behind the goal, totally exposed to the howling gale, rain and sleet. Nearly felt sorry for them by the end, it must have been hellish. Especially if any daytrippers had taken partners or young kids along. They'd never let you forget doing that to them!

Guest FFC1965

I went to Methil on Saturday and in my haste to do so bought a ticket for the East Fife section by mistake.  I was about midway between the 18 yard box and the half way line and struggled to see who had taken the shot for our goal, must have been brutal for anybody in the FFC section but it was a sweet finish. 

I recall the official test for fog used to be "can the referee see both goals from the halfway line" which I think remained the case even when the game was abandoned but it looked like the linos couldn't see the full width of the pitch for offsides.  Anyway it was the correct decision without doubt as the fog was only getting worse.  Of course I'll now have a ticket for the same section for the replay on 22 Jan.  No hardship there Im already looking forward to another tasty scotch pie.  

The most noticeable "Martin Rennie" thing about our performance imho was a pleasing lack of fannying about at the back.  It looked like McKay and Hall were under instruction to take 2 touches max and to get the ball forward as plan A.  This avoided some of the issues we've had previously where we were being hemmed in by virtue of trying to play intricate passes around our own 18 yard box.  The get out now looks like its a long ball down the right to Williamson whhich makes sense.    

15 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

I went to Methil on Saturday and in my haste to do so bought a ticket for the East Fife section by mistake.  I was about midway between the 18 yard box and the half way line and struggled to see who had taken the shot for our goal, must have been brutal for anybody in the FFC section but it was a sweet finish. 

I recall the official test for fog used to be "can the referee see both goals from the halfway line" which I think remained the case even when the game was abandoned but it looked like the linos couldn't see the full width of the pitch for offsides.  Anyway it was the correct decision without doubt as the fog was only getting worse.  Of course I'll now have a ticket for the same section for the replay on 22 Jan.  No hardship there Im already looking forward to another tasty scotch pie.  

The most noticeable "Martin Rennie" thing about our performance imho was a pleasing lack of fannying about at the back.  It looked like McKay and Hall were under instruction to take 2 touches max and to get the ball forward as plan A.  This avoided some of the issues we've had previously where we were being hemmed in by virtue of trying to play intricate passes around our own 18 yard box.  The get out now looks like its a long ball down the right to Williamson whhich makes sense.    

Thought Williamson looked good on Saturday, mind you he was just about the only player I could see.

Most notable change in the team on Saturday was that Morrison was partnering Keena in the middle rather than out on the wing.  Williamson got a few crosses in the box where it would have been Morrison in other games.  Could be a great change for us if it works out.   Morrison could be formidable to defend against in that position.