The Falkirk FC Thread

Definitely more effort and for the fortyish minutes had most of the ball. Difficult to judge a game that didn’t reach half time, and very few could see the goal (and most of the park opposite the home fans) KM was vocal, and a very decent travelling support.
Don’t think Rennie will have learned much apart from how critical this transfer window is.

He will certainly have learned that a foggy winters afternoon in Methil is a bit different from the US and South Korea…..

Good video on YouTube from 9 years ago of Martin Rennie when he was head coach of Vancouver Whitecaps. He seems really knowledgeable with regards to tactics/formations and how he adapts them and how players have to work to fit into how he wants them to play. Quotes that playing nice football is good but winning is the bottom line. Worth a wee watch.

Correct decision to abandon the game today, couldnt see a thing, surprised it even went ahead as the fog was bad on the way there and was only going to get worse.

Team were ok, midfield I thought were disjointed as was the forward line. Really unfair to judge anything though due to the conditions

I thought McKay was solid today, a big improvement from previous performances.

K miller was extremely vocal, giving specific instructions to keena, Rennie was fairly quiet but that may just be his style.

We were sat next to the subs and those not in the squad. Krasniqi was the only one not there, didnt see G Holt either 

1 hour ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Airdrie fan here am not being snide at all here, genuine question cos I can’t be arsed reading back. Are yous happy with Martin Rennie or do you think it’s just another poor appointment?

I think everyone is generally happy for a few reasons has a good pedigree albeit overseas and he's not one of the usual suspects

Airdrie fan here am not being snide at all here, genuine question cos I can’t be arsed reading back. Are yous happy with Martin Rennie or do you think it’s just another poor appointment?

I think most fans are happy, bit of a risky appointment by the board as he is an unknown quantity in terms of managing in Scotland, for me he is a risk definitely worth taking. When you look at the bookies list of potential candidates it was a worry some of the usual suspects being quoted and for once we have one of our own at the helm so he knows how much the club means to us fans and how recent results have affected us.

Thought it was quite interesting how we set up yesterday, from what we could see anyway. To me it seemed like a kind of hybrid 5-3-2/5-2-3. When defending Nesbitt would drop deeper into the midfield 3 and Morrison would move central to partner Keena but when on the attack Nesbitt would be playing much higher up on the left creating the front 3. All early days and that obviously but interesting to see how Rennie looked to get the best out of the players available. Williamson was definitely always looking to bomb forward and at times when as our furthest forward player, McGuffie could’ve been the same but none of us were able to see that side of the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Any club statto’s out there, in my nearly 30 years of following Falkirk yesterday is the first time I ever remember us having a match abandoned. When was the last time it happened? 

I was at a game in the 90’s at Brockville vs Motherwell when our floodlights conked out and the game was abandoned !!

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Any club statto’s out there, in my nearly 30 years of following Falkirk yesterday is the first time I ever remember us having a match abandoned. When was the last time it happened? 

From memory, I think it was down at Palmerston due to high winds. Can't remember the date but it was within the last decade. 

Can’t remember being at an abandoned game but I mind a bomb scare at a home game at Brockville against I think Kilmarnock. I’m sure they had to empty the stand of fans onto the pitch whilst a search was carried out. If I mind correctly the game eventually restarted and we got beat.