The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I think Sergeant has a point.

It was maybe fine when the group wasn’t part of the board, for them to rustle up some money for the January transfer window and ask for it to be spent on 1 striker etc etc. 

But now that they’re a key part of the board I’m not sure they should be dictating what money gets spent where by the football side of the club? Very dodgy imo. 

I didn't think B4L were on the board though. Is it not FSS and the patrons who have reps? 

36 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

How many are in B4L? That’s quite an impressive amount to hand over within a year! 

Personally think they should have a little bit of say if handing over that amount or be consulted on how the club plans to spend it. Obviously that day will be limited but if, for instance, they wanted Goodwillie then they should have the right to veto. 

That’s 2 years money. Nothing was given last year. They have around 160 members.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didn't think B4L were on the board though. Is it not FSS and the patrons who have reps? 

Oh Christ maybe you’re right. I thought the Patrons (mid sized part of the 3 legged stool approach) swallowed up B4L. If that’s wrong then aye no problem at all with asking the money be spent on a specific position 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Oh Christ maybe you’re right. I thought the Patrons (mid sized part of the 3 legged stool approach) swallowed up B4L. If that’s wrong then aye no problem at all with asking the money be spent on a specific position 

Bairn for life joined with the FSS to pull there resources I believe, makes sense that money handed over buys the group shares rather than being merely a donation. 

22 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Asking is one thing, agreeing is another. The football management would be unlikely to get into that kind of relationship with anybody in the board or not. They are given a budget and will be judged on how they use it.

You wouldn't want a manager that would agree to that.

The only way something like that might work is if the manager identified a player, maybe out with budget, and asked for donations to make up the wages.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Asking is one thing, agreeing is another. The football management would be unlikely to get into that kind of relationship with anybody in the board or not. They are given a budget and will be judged on how they use it.

You wouldn't want a manager that would agree to that.

The only way something like that might work is if the manager identified a player, maybe out with budget, and asked for donations to make up the wages.

I'm finding it really hard to believe that folk are finding it hard to believe an accomodation could be reached here. 

Fans group: Here FFC, you wanting this money? We'll give you it but we really feel we need to use it on a striker?

FFC: Well.... Since we couldn't score in a crack den, we accept your offer of bolstering the funds available to do something we desperately needed to do already. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm finding it really hard to believe that folk are finding it hard to believe an accomodation could be reached here. 

Fans group: Here FFC, you wanting this money? We'll give you it but we really feel we need to use it on a striker?

FFC: Well.... Since we couldn't score in a crack den, we accept your offer of bolstering the funds available to do something we desperately needed to do already. 

Accommodation is a different principle from the original suggestion that the money was ring fenced by whoever was donating it.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

And if Garry can't tempt, let's say, maybe 14 or so strikers to sign but manages to attract a top class centre back, is the money handed back or can it be spent on the defender?

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Accommodation is a different principle from the original suggestion that the money was ring fenced by whoever was donating it.

I'm sure the facts of the matter lie somewhere in the middle of all of this tbh. 

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

And if Garry can't tempt, let's say, maybe 14 or so strikers to sign but manages to attract a top class centre back, is the money handed back or can it be spent on the defender?

I really doubt it, but coming out of this window without having added a striker to the pool is unthinkable so I doubt we'll have to cross this bridge. 

That said, if all it takes is 32k to load Hall and Mackay in the trebuchet, send me the justgiving link. 

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Given that the patrons and FSS are supporters you can pretty much guarantee they know the feeling towards Goodwillie any progress in the community and indeed the fans will be wiped out if Goodwillie signed even our Board wouldn't be that daft play off place or not.

As for Holt I don't think it will be cut and dried with the just terminate his post or tell him he is canned even if he is a bawbag, With the NB group they wanted a precondition of Holt going before any negotiation (if i was read rightly to when the board stopped talks or whatever it was with the talks and precondition caper) Its probably been seen as a case of, yes the guy is toxic and yes he is probably overstepping his remit, so its now more than likely been a case of this is your job and what your responsible for and take any other remit he had away from him till he either gets bored and says am off or some other mug comes in and makes an offer to him.

Maybe Holt won't sign our traditional NDA when we get rid of staff 

Can't make out what formation that team selection is. Could Morrison be playing up top with Keena?
Martin
Mckay Hall Dixon
Williamson Miller Telfer Mcguffie
Nesbitt
Morrison Keena

That’s the way I read it and more hope it is.

Playing they 2 diddies at the back together and Dixon at left back would be brutal and McGuffie can stink the place out in any position so that doesn’t really matter.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Can't make out what formation that team selection is. Could Morrison be playing up top with Keena?

Martin
Mckay Hall Dixon
Williamson Miller Telfer Mcguffie
Nesbitt
Morrison Keena

Looks like possible 4-3-3 to me

martin

Williamson McKay hall Dixon

telfer Miller Nesbit 

morrison keena mcguffie

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No McCann, hetherington or krasniqui in the squad. Are they all injured? Only 6 subs. 

If it was still sheerin that would be a terrifying team selection but hopefully Rennie knows what he's doing.

There are 7 subs. Krasniqi is obviously not fancied at all. What a stupid, stupid signing he has been.

Hopefully Rennie can get a tune and some effort out of this mob.