The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BudBairn said:

How do you go about buying shares in the club?

Easy and most effective way to do it in my opinion is to join one of the fans groups, either the patrons or the FSS depending on how much you want to invest. Out-with that the club still has a large number of unsold shares going at 40p per share, contact them and by some, dead simple. I’m sure they have a minimum investment of something like £400 for people buying shares individually but don’t quote me on that.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Easy and most effective way to do it in my opinion is to join one of the fans groups, either the patrons or the FSS depending on how much you want to invest. Out-with that the club still has a large number of unsold shares going at 40p per share, contact them and by some, dead simple. I’m sure they have a minimum investment of something like £400 for people buying shares individually but don’t quote me on that.  

Thanks, i will probably join one of the groups but fancy buying a small share holding for my dad [emoji106]

1 hour ago, BudBairn said:

Thanks, i will probably join one of the groups but fancy buying a small share holding for my dad emoji106.png

As a fan it’s actually quite a nice thing to receive as a gift, I was given some shares many years ago as a present from my parents and have since added to them. At the time the club made up a framed and named gift like share certificate. I presume they’ll still do something similar.  

Guest Ecosse83

Looking forward to today. I’m not expecting miracles within a few days but hopefully we see a few things come through from training! 

It’s the hope that kills you 😂

Guest Ecosse83
25 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Even Gary Holt, an arrogant, ignorant  w****r, dismissed the thought of us signing Goodwillie. Let that sink in. 

An arrogant w****r bit at least an arrogant w****r with some morals! 

Interested to see what R&M will put out as a first eleven.

Apart from nine goals shipped in last two games, we’ve struggled to put a consecutive back four all season. 

Two weeks till the transfer window opens and apart from maybe three/four, every player (here’s hoping) could be shipped out ( emptied) 

Listened to Rennies interview again and it’s sometimes worth noting what he doesn’t say. Makes reference to the turnover of players and also what can be done with the existing, for me I don’t think we’ll see anything like what we’re all expecting and possibly two/three at best coming in.

Maybe way off mark, but the reality is that who would honestly touch any of our players, and who would join us in the half season. Guessing it will be heavily reliant using personal influences on players they’ve already worked with, here’s bloody hoping……..

Interested to see what R&M will put out as a first eleven.
Apart from nine goals shipped in last two games, we’ve struggled to put a consecutive back four all season. 

Two weeks till the transfer window opens and apart from maybe three/four, every player (here’s hoping) could be shipped out ( emptied) 
Listened to Rennies interview again and it’s sometimes worth noting what he doesn’t say. Makes reference to the turnover of players and also what can be done with the existing, for me I don’t think we’ll see anything like what we’re all expecting and possibly two/three at best coming in.
Maybe way off mark, but the reality is that who would honestly touch any of our players, and who would join us in the half season. Guessing it will be heavily reliant using personal influences on players they’ve already worked with, here’s bloody hoping……..

I don’t think we will see massive movement in January, I think they may focus on the spine of the side in the hope that 3 or 4 additions there can maybe improve the dross round about them.

With every upcoming transfer window, someone who’s ‘ITK’ posts that we are signing Goodwillie, there are then several pages of arguments as the vast majority of us, quite rightly, don’t want somebody like that near our club and then the rumours are bullshit anyway.

Can we please not have this conversation during the summer window.

46 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think we will see massive movement in January, I think they may focus on the spine of the side in the hope that 3 or 4 additions there can maybe improve the dross round about them.

Agree with this. As far as I’m lead to believe, there is money available for up to 5 players, including £32,000 from B4L for a striker. The money has to be spent on the spine - 2 centre backs, a hatchet man and 2 strikers for me.

Lets just hope the man of the moment, Gary Holt, makes a better job of picking them. I’ve no doubt he’s working really hard behind the scenes right now. Let’s hope that hard work pays off this time. 

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Agree with this. As far as I’m lead to believe, there is money available for up to 5 players, including £32,000 from B4L for a striker. The money has to be spent on the spine - 2 centre backs, a hatchet man and 2 strikers for me.

Are they donating it in vouchers for the striker shop?

Ok. I think they have suggested they would like to see it being spent on a striker. Whether that carries any weight or not I don’t know. I think everyone at the club can see we need a striker so I’m not sure why this wouldn’t be the case anyway but I’m sure we’ll find out in time

I think Sergeant has a point.

It was maybe fine when the group wasn’t part of the board, for them to rustle up some money for the January transfer window and ask for it to be spent on 1 striker etc etc. 

But now that they’re a key part of the board I’m not sure they should be dictating what money gets spent where by the football side of the club? Very dodgy imo. 

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I think Sergeant has a point.

It was maybe fine when the group wasn’t part of the board, for them to rustle up some money for the January transfer window and ask for it to be spent on 1 striker etc etc. 

But now that they’re a key part of the board I’m not sure they should be dictating what money gets spent where by the football side of the club? Very dodgy imo. 

I think we’re now splitting hairs on everything that is said on here. Ok B4L cannot dictate how the money is spent - fine.

However they are donating 32 grand. The club also has money to sign 3 or 4 players. Whether it is B4L money, the clubs money or both I couldn’t give a f**k. Sign a fucking striker and some centre halves.

I hope that clarifies things, I am very sorry for my mistake 🥴

Guest Caractacus Potts

How many are in B4L? That’s quite an impressive amount to hand over within a year! 

Personally think they should have a little bit of say if handing over that amount or be consulted on how the club plans to spend it. Obviously that say will be limited but if, for instance, they wanted Goodwillie then they should have the right to veto. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

How many are in B4L? That’s quite an impressive amount to hand over within a year! 
Personally think they should have a little bit of say if handing over that amount or be consulted on how the club plans to spend it. Obviously that day will be limited but if, for instance, they wanted Goodwillie then they should have the right to veto. 
Problem is where do we find said striker? Not many decent ones who would want to play for us at present. A really big shortage

7 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
28 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:
Personally think they should have a little bit of say if handing over that amount or be consulted on how the club plans to spend it. Obviously that day will be limited but if, for instance, they wanted Goodwillie then they should have the right to veto. 

Problem is where do we find said striker? Not many decent ones who would want to play for us at present. A really big shortage

Shortage or not, if you have money, and cant do better than what we have (strikers who don't score goals) then you are in the wrong game.