The Falkirk FC Thread

I hope Rennie and Miller realise that shopping in the limited pool that is Scotland will not get us out of the hole we are in cast the net in other areas. We might land another Farid  or L Taylor (Before he became an ass)

Edited by Gus2
missing word

7 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

I hope Rennie and Miller realise that shopping in the limited pool that is Scotland will not get us out of the hole we are in cast the net in other areas. We might land another Farid  or L Taylor (Before he became an ass)

Direct quote from Rennie in FH. Given Sheerin’s contacts included Aberdeen, Aberdeen and Aberdeen, I’m hoping we see an immediate improvement on that front 

EDE6083F-9915-4C8A-BAB0-B0649C476BC5.jpeg

Goodwillie would cost us a transfer fee! 

Looking into who's available on a free at the moment, Austrian born Adolf Hitler is a good right winger. With Kenny Millers assistance he could fire us to promotion. He also hasn't been convicted in a criminal court due to the fact he's dead! 

Dawson Park Boy probably wouldn't mind a strike force of Goodwillie and Hitler tbh. 

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Interesting how the bleeding heart lefty brigade are all up in arms against someone who was never convicted in a criminal court.

Would have thought that you would be prepared to show some mercy towards someone who has been punished and kept himself out of trouble over a good number of years.

Ah well, there you go!

What would your feelings be if it was your daughter/sister involved in the Goodwillie case? Would you be happy to have him playing for the club? 

There's no denying he's a good player. He's been scoring goals for Clyde in the lower leagues for a number of years yet no club in a higher division have signed him. Wonder why? 

3 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

What would your feelings be if it was your daughter/sister involved in the Goodwillie case? Would you be happy to have him playing for the club? 

There's no denying he's a good player. He's been scoring goals for Clyde in the lower leagues for a number of years yet no club in a higher division have signed him. Wonder why? 

At last a sensible response.

The football authorities have cleared him to play but obviously, he hasn’t been picked up by a better club for presumably the reasons mooted on here. It would cause division.

I just don’t think that he deserves a life sentence. Just my opinion.

However, it’s up to the new management team and the BOD to make any decision.

Im happy to leave it up to them.

As you say, he’s a good player.

Remember Falkirk FC is not just about the first team, we also have a ladies team and we have kids teams. We also have to think about how signing a player like Goodwillie could impact on sponsorship and as has been mentioned by previous posters the fact that decent fans would not accept it and may withdraw ST money etc.

He is a definite no for me.

If the individual who raped Denise Clair were to sign for Falkirk FC then that would be the end for me. It makes me sick to the stomach that this continues to be discussed. I hear it at matches, i read it on here - the complete lack of empathy for rape and sexual assault victims is utterly appalling.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The football authorities have cleared him to play but obviously, he hasn’t been picked up by a better club for presumably the reasons mooted on here. It would cause division.

Does the female deserve a life sentence? Sadly that's what she's living and she should be the main person thought of in this, not Goodwillie. Just because Clyde have signed him doesn't mean we should.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Keep hearing that no other clubs other than 2 or 3 would touch him.
He’s actually played for EIGHT different clubs since he was charged in 2011…..

I don’t know the full details but I mind it being more 2016/17 when he was found guilty but the incident was around 2011? Clubs were right to stick by him at those times before the judgement, 

If he ever graced the navy blue I’d never step foot in the stadium again.

I don’t know the full details but I mind it being more 2016/17 when he was found guilty but the incident was around 2011? Clubs were right to stick by him at those times before the judgement, 

Incident was on Jan 1, 2011 but was subsequently dropped by Crown Prosecution. Hence the civil case many years later….

Guest Caractacus Potts
28 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Full details here. Was 2017. 

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=d22e28a7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Forget staying in League One. Sign Goodwillie and that’s a good way to end the club as fans will leave in droves. 

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Incident was on Jan 1, 2011 but was subsequently dropped by Crown Prosecution. Hence the civil case many years later….

I don’t get your point.

He was accused in 2011 which was dropped and he continued to play for different clubs as you said, he was found guilty in 2017 and has then only played for Clyde since (professionally anyway)

5 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

What would your feelings be if it was your daughter/sister involved in the Goodwillie case?

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

But as before when I asked you the same question that FK1Bairn is asking, you have not answered the question. How would you feel about us signing Goodwillie if he had raped your wife/sister/ daughter? Either have the balls to give a straight answer to the question or don't bring this subject up again, OK?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

On 16/12/2021 at 20:56, Dawson Park Boy said:

Can’t understand all this negativity.

We all know about GH but maybe it’s harder than we imagine to get rid of him.

Please let’s just give the new regime a decent crack of the whip.

Ive just bought my son some shares as an extra Christmas present.

Best of luck Martin, Kenny and the new BOD.

How do you go about buying shares in the club?

Given that the patrons and FSS are supporters you can pretty much guarantee they know the feeling towards Goodwillie any progress in the community and indeed the fans will be wiped out if Goodwillie signed even our Board wouldn't be that daft play off place or not.

As for Holt I don't think it will be cut and dried with the just terminate his post or tell him he is canned even if he is a bawbag, With the NB group they wanted a precondition of Holt going before any negotiation (if i was read rightly to when the board stopped talks or whatever it was with the talks and precondition caper) Its probably been seen as a case of, yes the guy is toxic and yes he is probably overstepping his remit, so its now more than likely been a case of this is your job and what your responsible for and take any other remit he had away from him till he either gets bored and says am off or some other mug comes in and makes an offer to him.

Edited by AL-FFC