The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

We won’t get anywhere if Holt remains in position, can’t believe he is still here. 

Can have all the board changes in the world but until he is removed we won’t make any great strides! 

We won’t get anywhere if Holt remains in position, can’t believe he is still here. 

Can have all the board changes in the world but until he is removed we won’t make any great strides! 

I agree totally with this. I’ve signed up to the FSS but was speaking to two Bairns fans at work today who said they are waiting on Holt being punted before they commit. Until he is gone there are still a large number of fans not buying into what’s going on at the club.

Guest Back Post Misses
51 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Hopefully there'll be an announcement tomorrow, at least giving details of when Rennie will start but hopefully also confirming Holt has gone.  

Appreciate the new board will be busy but wouldn't take 5mins for Swinney to rattle out an email update. 

The story on Saturday was he was arriving today but wouldn’t be able to start till Wednesday/Thursday due to testing etc 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Davffc said:

Sorry but aren't the two FSS appointees also Patrons as are Gordon Wright and Ronnie Bateman ?

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/12/02/club-update-new-faces-to-join-falkirk-fc-board-of-directors/

Whilst the two FSS appointees we are told are temporary it seems to me that regardless the Patrons group are effectively running the club via their appointments to the BOD and will be for some time - certainly until the end of the season. Whilst I'd prefer that the FSS appointees weren't also patrons that's water under the bridge for now.

Fair play to all the Patrons for putting their own money in so absolutely it is right they have some members on the BOD but all of them - looking from the outside it does seem to concentrate a lot of power in one group ?

I fully accept the new BOD needs time to sort the club out however we have two weeks until the transfer window opens with a new manager incoming this week. I think we can all agree that the curent squad won't win the league, and given the last few week's performances won't make the play-offs (at the right end of the table) unless the new manager can work some minor miracle without new recruits.

On that basis I don't think it unreasonable for fans to have some concerns about who may be identifying January signing targets given our recent history, and without knowing more about Martin Rennie's current knowledge of Scottish lower league players.

That's not a criticism just a genuine concern as I think his appointment is the right one given all the circumstances.

I agree we all need to pull in the same direction but I do think perhaps we need to hear something shortly from the patron's group/new BOD given the above. Perhaps tonight's meeting will go some way towards that if I understood what was said when the meeting was announced.

You are correct all 6 are Patrons.  
The FSS are temporary appointments. Ronnie Bateman stepped up from CS with Gordon Wright left over from the old Board. Remember these guys were pledgers under BTB too. 

Let’s not forget 5 Directors stepped down. Almost all at the one time. It is not perfect but fair play to the guys who have stepped into to vacuum left. They will need time to sort things. 

7 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Would rather talk about Elliott's bus windows getting panned in than our team at the moment. I can remember windows going at thistle, hearts and bizarrely Montrose! I think there may have been more but was often more than one bus at the time and I might have been fortunately on the other bus.

The Hearts one was one i remember as i ended up getting a couple of stiches in my hand thanks to that,didn't help the bus parking beside as workmans skip.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Having been heavily sceptical since the announcement I'll admit I'm warming to Rennie.  Having listened and watched some of the content online he's participated in he appears to talk-the-talk and any viewer couldn't help but be enthused and impressed by him.

I still think he has a job on his hands and from outside looking in I'd also suggest the board have competing agendas to resolve before we see green shoots of recovery.

If - and it's still a big IF in my view - he can follow through on the approach and ideas he clearly believes in then we'll be in a better place than now.

What do you see as the competing agendas? 

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised that, if Kenny Miller is going to be assistant, he also pulls the boots back on to give us a further option up front. He may be in his forties now but I'm sure he'll have kept himself fit. Could see him being used in the last 15 or 20 minutes of games.

2 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Having been heavily sceptical since the announcement I'll admit I'm warming to Rennie.  Having listened and watched some of the content online he's participated in he appears to talk-the-talk and any viewer couldn't help but be enthused and impressed by him.

Just be wary - we had a "Meet the Manager" night not long after we brought in Stephen Kenny and I think a lot of Pars fans went away from that thinking that they had the next great manager, motivator and thinking all rolled into one. He spoke fantastically well, said all the right things and spoke in great detail about his hopes for the future. We ended up getting relegated, then stagnating and there were all sorts of allegations thrown about at him. For your sake I hope that's not what's going to happen, I've had my fun laughing at you guys and hopefully both clubs can get their act together so we can get some intense Derby games again. With the Pars coming out on top, of course.

11 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Just be wary - we had a "Meet the Manager" night not long after we brought in Stephen Kenny and I think a lot of Pars fans went away from that thinking that they had the next great manager, motivator and thinking all rolled into one. He spoke fantastically well, said all the right things and spoke in great detail about his hopes for the future. We ended up getting relegated, then stagnating and there were all sorts of allegations thrown about at him. For your sake I hope that's not what's going to happen, I've had my fun laughing at you guys and hopefully both clubs can get their act together so we can get some intense Derby games again. With the Pars coming out on top, of course.

See you in the play offs.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I don’t see why we always feel the need to abuse anyone on here who has an alternative view.
Frankly there are a number of valid points in there and it’s not unreasonable that if the BoD or others are calling for investment they come up with some information to provide us with confidence.
Personally, I’m ok with the manager choice but not if he’s going to have to rely on Holt for new signings.
It would be good to see some information on early strategy etc from the new board this week….

Normally I would agree with its good to receive an alternative view, but in this case it’s seems to smell of resentment. It wouldn’t surprise me that some of these views are from people who want to be one of the hangers on that we’ve all wanted rid of, there is just too much hate for something that has just changed, no?

We have had new people in the door less than a week and they are getting this much grief for the appointment of a new manager, when the main issue was we didn’t want the same revolving door manager.

Then BPM gets it, for doing what, putting his own hard cash in. I know he was a shareholder before and I’m sure it wasn’t for any hope of getting a cash dividend. I’d be interested to know what the ‘alternative views’ have put into this other than trying to cause friction. 

I’m in the same camp of being p*ssed off with Holt, but at the same time I’m not going to keep repeating that on here, because I’m guessing the new guys will have a process and it will take time.

In my view we just need to be aware of some of these new voices on here and take it with a pinch of let’s wait and see before we jump in.

Someone on the Facebook group saying that the new board confirm there is no intention to remove Holt from his position. Don’t know the facts but if this is true, they are making a massive, massive mistake not listening to the fans will this early in their tenure. 

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Someone on the Facebook group saying that the new board confirm there is no intention to remove Holt from his position. Don’t know the facts but if this is true, they are making a massive, massive mistake not listening to the fans will this early in their tenure. 

Yikes. 😕 

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I read that. Keep going on about the hours he’s doing but are they efficient hours? I’d rather have a DOF working 38 productive  hours than someone working 70 with less productivity 

13 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'm not on Facebook but I wouldn't believe a word from that. 

The first person who needs told that Holt is leaving is the man himself. The BoD can't say they plan to bin him until they've told him. Would you be happy your boss telling your colleagues you're being sacked before he tells you?

I can't wait to be able to sign up to the FSS. 

I will have to wait though, because i'm not putting my money in to the new regime until the last relic of the old regime, blatantly toxic influence, and all round condescending w****r, Gary Holt is gone from the club. 

I know what he thinks of me and everyone else who goes through the turnstiles. None of that is a dig at anyone on the new board, far from it. I am certainly willing to accept that the literally just landed, and that their focus has so far been on replacing the manager. But my choice as a fan and a customer is still that I wont be contributing directly into the FSS until Gary Holt is gone. I see it as symbolically important if nothing else. 

I can't wait to be able to sign up to the FSS. 
I will have to wait though, because i'm not putting my money in to the new regime until the last relic of the old regime, blatantly toxic influence, and all round condescending w****r, Gary Holt is gone from the club. 
I know what he thinks of me and everyone else who goes through the turnstiles. None of that is a dig at anyone on the new board, far from it. I am certainly willing to accept that the literally just landed, and that their focus has so far been on replacing the manager. But my choice as a fan and a customer is still that I wont be contributing directly into the FSS until Gary Holt is gone. I see it as symbolically important if nothing else. 
The problem is we don't know what Holt does in the background. Perhaps it is a hell of a lot. But the problem is the results he has achieved in the Fan/Backroom interface which is the first team performance on match day has been extremely bad. I don't care if he works non stop getting youth players I only care about my boyhood club winning football matches and playing at a higher level. BIN

The problem is we don't know what Holt does in the background. Perhaps it is a hell of a lot. But the problem is the results he has achieved in the Fan/Backroom interface which is the first team performance on match day has been extremely bad. I don't care if he works non stop getting youth players I only care about my boyhood club winning football matches and playing at a higher level. BIN
It's like saying that a restaurant sells horrible food but their toilets are first class