The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

First game I have attended at home since the Ross County game. I think I should stay away. I am a jinks 

I think with that line up anything sort of points picked up would have been nothing short of a miracle.  

Only two games left with this defence hopefully. One of which against the only team in the league to have scored less goals than us.

Having stopped bothering to pay much attention to the table weeks ago, this mornings quick perusal of the GF/GA columns certainly made for depressing reading.....

Sorry but the 'we can't just keep replacing entire squads every year' argument is exactly the same as the 'we can't sack the worst manager in the club's history just in case people think we sack managers'

We have to draw out a financial plan that sees us lose all of the below players in the next 6 months, between Jan and June windows :-

priority - Holt, Hall, McKay, Miller, Hetherington, Ross, Ruth, McDaid, Dixon, Ompreon, McGuffie, Wilson, Krasniqi

Could be kept at a push - R Williamson,  McCann, Keena, Mutch, Martin, C Williamson, Morrison, Telfer, Nesbit, Lemon (edging toward priority), Weekes, Dowds

So there's 13 who have to go between now and June 2022. 

3 loans - they can get to f**k early in Jan.

Of the other 10 we need to clearly decide who goes in Jan and who goes in June once we hopefully limp to L1 survival. Its critical none of that list is here next season. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Sorry but the 'we can't just keep replacing entire squads every year' argument is exactly the same as the 'we can't sack the worst manager in the club's history just in case people think we sack managers'

We have to draw out a financial plan that sees us lose all of the below players in the next 6 months, between Jan and June windows :-

priority - Holt, Hall, McKay, Miller, Hetherington, Ross, Ruth, McDaid, Dixon, Ompreon, McGuffie, Wilson, Krasniqi

Could be kept at a push - R Williamson,  McCann, Keena, Mutch, Martin, C Williamson, Morrison, Telfer, Nesbit, Lemon (edging toward priority), Weekes, Dowds

Of the other 10 we need to clearly decide who goes in Jan and who goes in June once we hopefully limp to L1 survival. Its critical none of that list is here next season. 

I'd like to see whether Rennie can get something more out of krasniqui. He is very well thought of at Huddersfield and there definitely looks like there's a player in there if coached and treated right.

Maybe re Krasniqi.. certainly wouldn't trust Loser Sheerin's opinion that he's unplayable.

So from that stinking carcass of a squad Rennie has to bring in 3/4 in Jan then somehow get competence from the rest until the summer full clear out 

Means something like 

Mutch/Martin

R. Williamson (if ever fit)

New 

New 

Dixon 

Nesbit

Telfer

New

Morrison

New

Dowds

4 starters arriving in Jan should be possible if we correctly use the loan market. Very difficult though. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

Don't understand the wanting to punt Dixon at all tbh - he is the absolute least of our problems. We're worse without him.
Generally speaking I would agree with this but some of his efforts in recent weeks have been fucking abysmal. He has been a part of that central defence just as much as Hall and more than McKay, and allowed goals like Alloa (home and away) and Dumbarton to stroll through the middle unchallenged.

I think he is getting a pass by default

17 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Maybe re Krasniqi.. certainly wouldn't trust Loser Sheerin's opinion that he's unplayable.

So from that stinking carcass of a squad Rennie has to bring in 3/4 in Jan then somehow get competence from the rest until the summer full clear out 

Means something like 

Mutch/Martin

R. Williamson (if ever fit)

New 

New 

Dixon 

Nesbit

Telfer

New

Morrison

New

Dowds

4 starters arriving in Jan should be possible if we correctly use the loan market. Very difficult though. 

You are wanting to keep Dowds?,I thought you were glad to get rid of him.He goes of to Arbroath and have they suddenly made him a better player.Nothing to do with the player but the fact he had a poor manager.

35 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Ruth & Mcdaid shouldn't be too difficult given they are only on loan. Krasniqi shouldn't really be in there given we've never had a chance to get a proper look at him on the park. Dixon's our best centre back at the club and I'd also have him as captain so I have no idea why you have him in the punt list. Also to say Lemon's edging towards the punt list is just absolute stupidity, he's had one honker of a game playing beside Ben Hall and he's 18 years old. Looks like a right prospect if he gets the development he needs.

What we also need to remember is that if we manage to bring in 4 decent quality players that can also improve those playing round about them to a certain extent.  A good leader at the back I'm sure would get the best out of Dixon or lemon even if played beside them just like Ivo den bieman made Kevin Christie look decent.  Another player with dig and energy in the middle of the park will allow the more creative to do their jobs and then a striker that can lead the line and put the ball in the net will take the pressure off everyone and give a focal point for the likes of Morrison.  Leadership is required more than anything in the side. We can't keep having captain's that wouldn't inspire anyone to battle for 90 mins. Some like Mackay, hall etc wouldn't look good with van dijk playing alongside them but there's a few that I'm sure will look like better players in a better side.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

At least there's one upside of how diabolical you've been. You don't have to bother with other clubs fans popping on and asking the "how has (insert their ex-players name here) been for you lads" question. 😂

Alloa fans trying to tell us Stevie Hetheringtons any good has been a highlight of the season.

16 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What we also need to remember is that if we manage to bring in 4 decent quality players that can also improve those playing round about them to a certain extent.  A good leader at the back I'm sure would get the best out of Dixon or lemon even if played beside them just like Ivo den bieman made Kevin Christie look decent.  Another player with dig and energy in the middle of the park will allow the more creative to do their jobs and then a striker that can lead the line and put the ball in the net will take the pressure off everyone and give a focal point for the likes of Morrison.  Leadership is required more than anything in the side. We can't keep having captain's that wouldn't inspire anyone to battle for 90 mins. Some like Mackay, hall etc wouldn't look good with van dijk playing alongside them but there's a few that I'm sure will look like better players in a better side.

Honestly shadwell who’s taken over your account? Spoken nothing but decent sense for weeks 

51 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd like to see whether Rennie can get something more out of krasniqui. He is very well thought of at Huddersfield and there definitely looks like there's a player in there if coached and treated right.

Absolutely agree.  I find it baffling that he’s behind Heatherington and Miller in the pecking order.  He cannot possibly be worse; and would be a decent threat at set pieces.  

Miller was absolutely invisible for 90 minutes yesterday.