The Falkirk FC Thread

I get the same impression although I'm not sure why.
Never thought this would, or even could, happen. It's a short-term appointment though so I'm assuming he'll not be relocating and that the remit is that he turns things around to at least get us a play-off place.
If Cove beat us tomorrow though and manage to go on a decent run then I can't see us turning that around, no matter who's in charge!

Yes, it’s a shame that Rennie may be starting 12 points behind Cove if he is inspirational enough to get something out of the team.
I’d rather Grainger was no where near the team after his comments about agreeing with Sheerin’s approach.
Get him gone now…..

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes, it’s a shame that Rennie may be starting 12 points behind Cove if he is inspirational enough to get something out of the team.
I’d rather Grainger was no where near the team after his comments about agreeing with Sheerin’s approach.
Get him gone now…..

Is Rennie even in the country? Have him manage the team tomorrow via zoom. Holt could hold the telly!

29 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

Reserving judgement on Rennie until I see his manager/head coach get up. Reckon he’ll go full suit… 

Maybe, but being a Larbert High lad, he will be no stranger to a well cut gilet. He is open to it being a bit Baltic, but his arms never feel it.

As always, we can just collectively go along for the ride. So many much needed exits, and almost everyone coming in possesses a background/ skill set that points to “significant upgrade” on what has gone before.

Happy to drop the “defend the indefensible” and get back to our true battle cry of “expect the unexpected”. Rennie’s appointment has certainly been that, and for now, that’s a good thing.

From the outside looking in, I’d say we’ve taken a gamble that’s worth taking, none of the alternatives struck any sort of confidence and Rennie at least has a reasonable pedigree and experience.

From the outside looking in, I’d say we’ve taken a gamble that’s worth taking, none of the alternatives struck any sort of confidence and Rennie at least has a reasonable pedigree and experience.
You're not getting relegated with east Fife and Clyde in the league so hes worth a punt. If he does well then great, he gets his contract extended and you push on. If not, then no real harm done because holt is still around doing the actual harm. Iv still not a clue who the guy is but it's going to be interesting to see how it all pans out.

2 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

A lot less of a gamble than Chipper imo. Seemingly decent pedigree going off the story on the website. Welcome Martin. 

They're not going to list his failures tho are they. It's like showreels for players - only the best bits and outrageous skill but never them falling on their arse.