The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I know you are enthusiastic but asking people to invest to change the management team is not what most people are thinking…

Whatever anybody’s individual thoughts are re management or changing the tea lady I just think it’s clear the best way to have them represented and acted upon is as a fans collective opposed to a lone voice. It’s the same reason large workforce’s join a union , strength and influence in numbers. 

“In his 15-year career to date Martin has won a total of 4 league titles and 4 cups, with numerous runners-up awards. His teams have achieved a total of 10 top-three finishes and reached play-offs in 12 out of 14 seasons. Martin also has a 53% win-rate from his 400+ games as a head coach.

Despite spending his whole coaching career abroad, Martin is a Scot, who was born in Thurso and raised in Larbert. As a child he was a ball boy at Brockville Park and has been a huge Falkirk fan ever since. Martin still has family in the area and has completed all of his coaching badges, including the Level 5 UEFA Pro Licence, via the Scottish FA. We’re sure all Bairns will warmly welcome Martin back home, and give him their full support as we endeavour to turn this season and the whole club around.”

This appears to be backed up on wiki.
Pretty exciting appointment in my opinion…

One of these days, one of these exciting appointments will come to fruition. 

We can only hope that day is now, but with the arsehole Holt in place, its fsir tonassume otherwise 

Ok Shadwell is now the voice of reason and you’re uninspired. What’s going on tonight?…[emoji16]

Guest Caractacus Potts

Know he’s been mentioned before but still feels a bit left field. 

Anyway good luck to the guy. Feel like he will be operating with one hand tied behind his back if Holt is still stinking the place out though. 

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Ok Shadwell is now the voice of reason and you’re uninspired. What’s going on tonight?…emoji16.png

Its not that im uninspired, its way more simple than that. Its that any fan led intiative isnt getting my money until that horrible c**t Holt is gone. 

Its not that im uninspired, its way more simple than that. Its that any fan led intiative isnt getting my money until that horrible c**t Holt is gone. 

I’m with you on that.
But this guys skills appear to be in getting the best out of a bunch of duds…and that’s what we need just now….

Tbf, it’s the kind of ‘breath of fresh air’ appointment we all cry out for whenever there’s a vacancy. Especially when you punt an underachiever, that excitement of getting a new manager in is completely shagged out of you when you see the top favourites are folk like McIntyre, Rice, Kettlewell, Duffy and McCann, and you just want something a bit different because the usual suspects are so uninspiring.

This is quite a bold appointment, though. Considering Falkirk’s current position in the league in what I’d imagine is a massive season for you financially. Rennie could turn out to be the appointment you’ve needed for a long time, but at the same time you could see yourselves thinking “we’ll, what the f**k did we expect was going to happen?!”

We’re in a similar position with Yogi but for different reasons. Could be great. Could be a complete shambles.

It would also be massively fucking hilarious to see you spend 4 (four) years by the seaside.

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I mentioned Rennie a couple of weeks back. Just sayin' like.😙

Just hope it doesn't go tits up and we all need to invest in some o' these.

Good luck Martin.

Rennie Antacids, Peppermint Flavour, 72 Tablets : Amazon.co.uk: Health &  Personal Care

Does this means rivals will be handing out free Gaviscon now as we once gave away free loaves of bread when we played Warburton’s Rangers!? 

2 hours ago, Russ said:

This is either going to be a total masterstroke or a complete car crash. Absolutely no chance it will be anything in between and I for one can’t fucking wait.

I get the same impression although I'm not sure why.

Never thought this would, or even could, happen. It's a short-term appointment though so I'm assuming he'll not be relocating and that the remit is that he turns things around to at least get us a play-off place.

If Cove beat us tomorrow though and manage to go on a decent run then I can't see us turning that around, no matter who's in charge!