The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

No idea what to expect but quite happy how professional the club kept this appointment. 

My only worry is his knowledge about the Scottish game and his knowledge of players here. 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Didn't notice at the time but the statement on the site states that it is until the end of the season, so easy to see this as a trial run/interim appointment.

Good spot. Much happier now you've said that. 

Actually an excellent appointment in that case as its a no lose gamble.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also, if Gary Holt isnt getting launched, any fan scheme can GTF. Getting that c**t out of our club is non negotiable.

Rennie can lead us to League 2 and he will do so with my backing every week, so long as that w**k is emptied.

Surely the best way to remove Holt would be to join a fan ownership movement and force him out? 

Nothing says confidence in an appointment like announcing it at 11pm on a Friday night. 

Interesting to see how it turns out though. You'd have to assume he doesn't have a tremendous pedigree, because with all due respect, he wouldn't be rocking up in League One if he did.

But it's a departure from the usual suspects, and that's to be commended. Going for someone like Brian Rice is a lazy/easy pick, and it's the process that leads to folk like Jim Duffy and Gus McPherson still kicking about in the Championship in 2021. 

Guest Ecosse83
5 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Is this a Rawlins driven appointment? 

From what I hear one of the new directors really pushed for him. Quite like the confidence in the decision to be honest!