The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

That’s fucking wild no way they were paying that FFS.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There is absolutely no chance he was on 40k a week at Hibs. He'd be the highest paid individual in Scottish football. That's complete nonsense.😂😂. Reckon 4k would be pushing it.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

£40k a week at fucking Hibs 😅

'Mon guys, that's only a couple of million a year FFS!

Just now, Russ said:

This thread man. If we’re no making a c**t of ourselves on field or in the boardroom then you better believe this thread will never fail to deliver.

I dunno some of the weapons on the  FB fans pages are quality aswell. Edit to add Rice spouting his pearls of wisdom on Sportsound tonight covering the Ayr v Accies game. 

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I dunno some of the weapons on the  FB fans pages are quality aswell. Edit to add Rice spouting his pearls of wisdom on Sportsound tonight covering the Ayr v Accies game. 

Watching that. The sheer derth of decent strikers in Scottish football these days highlighted in this match. Some utter dross playing up front for these two sides. 

Why is Grainger in charge for tomorrow. Sounds like Sheerin by proxy. Cove to go 12 points clear.

From that interview he doesn’t want to be here. Clone of his ex boss and very good friend. He’ll be off when we appoint a new boss. He genuinely looks miserable, how the feck can he motivate a team for tomorrow, the only thing missing was tears 🥲

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

From that interview he doesn’t want to be here. Clone of his ex boss and very good friend. He’ll be off when we appoint a new boss. He genuinely looks miserable, how the feck can he motivate a team for tomorrow, the only thing missing was tears 🥲

The Lone Grainger?

1 minute ago, bejazz1 said:

Unbelievable that those in charge think he’s what we need in a pivotal game. 

not sure anyone has a clue how to get us out of this.

watched Grainger video. Not impressed at all. He appears to reinforce the tactics that our players can't perform in.
Brian Rice would be my choice. He knows how the fans feel about the club and has strong ties. His time at Hamilton is not a good judge as his role there was to keep a poor team in the top league. At Falkirk it is a completely different scenario where he has to get a team which should be better into a play-off place. If Holt was binned or at least banned from interference in the first team it could work. Hopefully

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

watched Grainger video. Not impressed at all. He appears to reinforce the tactics that our players can't perform in.
Brian Rice would be my choice. He knows how the fans feel about the club and has strong ties. His time at Hamilton is not a good judge as his role there was to keep a poor team in the top league. At Falkirk it is a completely different scenario where he has to get a team which should be better into a play-off place. If Holt was binned or at least banned from interference in the first team it could work. Hopefully

Not hearing anything from the new regime about how change will actually happen.

They seem more interested in courting the mainstream media. I’m referring to Gordon Profit here.

Still think our ‘options’ for next manager are constrained by having Holt as Sporting Director. Therefore given that Rice does not want a full management position, I can’t see how it’ll be anyone else.
I’m still not at the point that I want to invest further as there are still a few bad smells around behind the the scenes, and I just hope the new board are going to start to sort it, and then come up with some new and original ideas such that I can start to get motivated by, very soon…..

Watched one minute of Grainger interview and switched it off, he looked like he was ready to burst into tears. We will get pumped by Cove if his tone is anything to go by, totally uninspiring and no way will the players be motivated. He should have left at the same time as his pal and just let the likes of Dixon take the team for Saturday.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Still think our ‘options’ for next manager are constrained by having Holt as Sporting Director. Therefore given that Rice does not want a full management position, I can’t see how it’ll be anyone else.
I’m still not at the point that I want to invest further as there are still a few bad smells around behind the the scenes, and I just hope the new board are going to start to sort it, and then come up with some new and original ideas such that I can start to get motivated by, very soon…..

No further investment from me. Charlatans who offer less than SA and MR.

12 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Not hearing anything from the new regime about how change will actually happen.

They seem more interested in courting the mainstream media. I’m referring to Gordon Profit here.

They have literally been in the door 4 days! 😂  Also Gordon is a fan the same as you or I and would have been speaking in that way, not on behalf of the club, him speaking on a Graeme Spiers podcast has nothing to do with the “new regimes” running of the club. The patrons group voted for two of its members to take board positions and it’s now up to them alongside the two from the FSS and the remaining BOD to make decisions on behalf of the club, board meetings are totally confidential amongst the directors until they have something to report to us all as fans and that’s the way it should stay. Loose lips and gossip  from within the club is something that done harm via the previous regime.  The fact that you or others already want to shoot the new incumbents down after 4 fucking days in the job is incredible. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They have literally been in the door 4 days! 😂  Also Gordon is a fan the same as you or I, him speaking on a Graeme Spiers podcast has nothing to do with the “new regime”  The patrons voted for two of the members to take board positions it’s now up to them alongside the two from the FSS and the remaining BOD to make decisions on behalf of the club, board meetings are totally confidential amongst the directors until they have something to report and that’s the way it should stay. Loose lips and gossip  from within the club is something that done harm via the previous regime. 

Let’s home time will tell, but there are current issues that need addressed.