The Falkirk FC Thread

Don’t think it is tbh. Like I couldn’t give a single f**k about what facilitates we give to away teams but surely if there’s any advantage you can get by making it fucking miserable for them you should be taking it. Maybe not to that extreme right enough.

Whilst I agree with this to an extent, it’s not reasonable to house your opponents in a health and safety hazard.
This from the club whose fans racially abuse their own players.
Disgusting club all round….

A wee reminder that our 91 event premieres on YouTube at 8pm. Please donate a nominal fee to the CI PayPal account( PayPal.me/crunchieinitiative7 ) if you watch it. All proceeds will go towards our KM Stand fund. 

The guys were on great form and all contributes give a fantastic insight to a remarkable season in the clubs history. 

Sure you will enjoy it. 

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Whilst I agree with this to an extent, it’s not reasonable to house your opponents in a health and safety hazard.
This from the club whose fans racially abuse their own players.
Disgusting club all round….

Aye just because 90 percent of the people in Greenock do it doesn't mean visitors should have to.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I loved Ricey as a player and he comes across as a good lad but really not keen on him as manager for us.

To me he's a top asst manager but not a number one.  Some are just suited to it and not the top job. Billy brown for instance .

I loved Ricey as a player and he comes across as a good lad but really not keen on him as manager for us.

This is how I feel. I’m not sure who I want but he doesn’t inspire me. Then again not inspired by any of the names being linked to us, I suppose that’s just the market we are dealing in now and can’t really expect anything else.

This is how I feel. I’m not sure who I want but he doesn’t inspire me. Then again not inspired by any of the names being linked to us, I suppose that’s just the market we are dealing in now and can’t really expect anything else.
Its an easy thing to forget, and get depressed about when you consider the names that are considered realistic.

Equally though, a Falkirk manager has never had to achieve a lesser goal to be considered a success than the next guy, whose job it will be to lift us out of a catatonic state in mid table League 1.

We arent getting the level of coach we would like maybe, but temper that with the actual requirement in front of us.

Its an easy thing to forget, and get depressed about when you consider the names that are considered realistic.

Equally though, a Falkirk manager has never had to achieve a lesser goal to be considered a success than the next guy, whose job it will be to lift us out of a catatonic state in mid table League 1.

We arent getting the level of coach we would like maybe, but temper that with the actual requirement in front of us.

That’s so true, the next manager would obtain a huge amount of kudos from the fans by getting us out of the third tier of Scottish football. We have hunted other managers who failed with far harder tasks.

To me he's a top asst manager but not a number one.  Some are just suited to it and not the top job. Billy brown for instance .

I posted a link on here the other day re his interview on Football FCB. He clearly states he is first and foremost a coach and was never interested in being a manager. I feel Mr Holt is going nowhere soon…

Think having seen all the names and thought about it, McIntyre is the one I’d go for. None of the candidates are very exciting but we’ve only ourselves to blame for that. He’s experienced,  And I reckon at the very least would stabilise the team till the end of the season and would surely be an improvement on Sheerin. The thought of him managing us and yogi managing the pars is a bit wild. 

I don’t have any great feelings against Rice but the thought of him is a bit meh (although it’s who I expect we will end up appointing). Having said that, we don’t need a superstar. We need someone who is better than Sheerin and can get more out of the players that we have.