The Falkirk FC Thread

Why?
No experience managing at any decent level whatsoever. No experience managing in Scotland. No playing career of any note.

Now I'm not saying that any of these is a problem in isolation. All 3 combined doesn't bode well IMO.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

No experience managing at any decent level whatsoever. No experience managing in Scotland. No playing career of any note.

Now I'm not saying that any of these is a problem in isolation. All 3 combined doesn't bode well IMO.

Compared with Holt - Scottish internationalist, coached in England, managed in Scottish Premiership and Championship .... complete fucking disaster for us. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Just looked at his record 

Took a team to the MLS playoffs. A tad better than League 1 in Scotland I would assume? 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Don't think the fact that he didn't play would make much difference TBH.

You make a good point re never having managed in Scotland as I would imagine that the American and Korean games may be a bit different. His record is very good however and he's certainly got a lot of management experience.

I get the feeling that he'd either be a roaring success or a downright failure!

Guest Caractacus Potts

Not sure about Martin Rennie but would imagine it would take more convincing to persuade someone to uproot from America to come to Falkirk than try get Jack Ross to the club. At least it's more appealing than Brian Rice although don't think it's the appointment we need right now even if he was interested. 

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Well the clubs just posted on instagram #COYB# and some nutter under it has said announce Rice.

Suppose its a bit of an upgrade on Holt be interesting to see who he appoints as his no2

Holt as sporting director and assistant manager - just to headfuck the fans.

I don't think Martin Rennie would be a wise move, he could quite easily be as much of a disaster as Sheerin. That's too much of a risk imo. I really wouldn't be over the moon if Rice got it either but at least he has a bit of a clue. I think we are all hoping it's going to be Ross but I just can't see it. Not only salary wise but I think he'll have his sights set higher than us unfortunately. He'll probably want time out after getting binned at Hibs then decide his next move.

Don’t think it is tbh. Like I couldn’t give a single f**k about what facilitates we give to away teams but surely if there’s any advantage you can get by making it fucking miserable for them you should be taking it. Maybe not to that extreme right enough.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The Scottish government published a paper in 2020 that found Greenock was place in Scotland with the highest levels of deprivation so it’s good to see the local football club fitting in with the shit-hole of a town it’s based in.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Why would Hibs stand in the way of Ross getting another job ? Cant think of one and in particular with Falkirk who would be years away from being in the same league as them.

Because they will have paid him off so to take another job he would have to sacrifice what his pay off is or come to some agreement.

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

Don’t think it is tbh. Like I couldn’t give a single f**k about what facilitates we give to away teams but surely if there’s any advantage you can get by making it fucking miserable for them you should be taking it. Maybe not to that extreme right enough.

Come on its professional football though this is worst than the amateurs. Most clubs make sure their away facilities are poorer than home whoever it is but at this level you shouldn't be changing in damp conditions in the dark.