The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I said I wasn’t  disappointed that we didn’t sign Kingsley, as a left back wouldn’t win us the league and I’d rather we used that money to bring in the right striker. But you go ahead and take things out of context

Dunno, he’s scored about 40 free kicks for Hearts in the last year. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Dunno, he’s scored about 40 free kicks for Hearts in the last year. 

Be lucky if we have had 40 shots on goal in the last year 😂

He talks about Nelson and Jakubiak being there at the same time as Sammut but those 2 had returned to their parent clubs after the previous season had they not. 

Very enlightening interview. Thanks Shadwell!

Seems they had no choice in the matter. The difference between signings made in the January were night and day from the one signed in the following summer.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

FFC should at least approach him to at least discuss things.

Enough folk on the forum on record on how money talks regarding players and managers and Falkirk are a big club. So time for them to encourage the board to make a move.

He is an unemployed manager just like the others being mentioned.

If you dont ask you dont get 

Exactly ask the question if it's a knock back then so be it but at least pose the question rather than just looking at the list of usual suspects out of work and picking one.  We need to try and raise the bar a little. But if we do go down the Rice/McIntyre/ Kettlewell route in all likelihood please just make it a contract till the end of the season. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Kettlewell is surely a no go. His record when on his own at county was feckin useless was it not and he only lasted 6 months despite Roy's backing.That bloody de gea haircut is bloody awful too.

Aye it’s quite obvious how good a manager is if they still manage to fail at Ross County with their budget. 

I don’t think Jack Ross is as ridiculous as some suggest. It is a long shot but Alan Stubbs who won Hibs their first cup in 100 years ended up at St.Mirren. Robbie Neilson who did well with Hearts dropped back to Dundee Utd in the Championship. Yogi who won the Scottish Cup with ICT ended at a struggling Raith. 

I doubt Jack Ross will be in mind for Aberdeen and any club interested is likely to be similar sized to us, the only difference being we’re 2 leagues down. If we can get near his required wages then why not  come to us. What a story it would be and he’d be a legend if he can take us back up to the Premiership. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Looked a good summary to me. 

One issue though - we have a weird structure at the moment where whoever the head coach is reports to Gary Holt who as Sporting Director will be dealing with the transfers. A big chunk of the fan disgruntlement here is that any manager of substance wouldn't want to work under those conditions, and that Gary Holt is the one responsible for our very poor recruitment in the summer. Might be worth adding in. 

I will see about getting that added in. Thanks for the feedback 👍

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

I don’t think Jack Ross is as ridiculous as some suggest. It is a long shot but Alan Stubbs who won Hibs their first cup in 100 years ended up at St.Mirren. Robbie Neilson who did well with Hearts dropped back to Dundee Utd in the Championship. Yogi who won the Scottish Cup with ICT ended at a struggling Raith. 

I doubt Jack Ross will be in mind for Aberdeen and any club interested is likely to be similar sized to us, the only difference being we’re 2 leagues down. If we can get near his required wages then why not  come to us. What a story it would be and he’d be a legend if he can take us back up to the Premiership. 

It isn’t ridiculous, just preposterous. 

He will be have been on money to choke a horse at Hibs. He has just signed an extension to 2024. He is not going to walk away from that for a wage that is probably about 25% of what he is on now. 

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You missed Paul Sheerin's name from the very first line of the article, and seemingly start new paragraphs halfway

through sentences, like this.

Unfortunately that’s just the way it’s been edited on the website. I’m not in charge of the editing, however I will speak with the editors and see about that. 👍

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Remember, there were Falkirk fans on here who thought Sheerin was the man up until about 10 days ago. There were also Falkirk fans on here who last summer said Stephen Kingsley wouldn't be a worthwhile signing. A significantly large portion of our fans are fucking morons.

The Kingsley comments are a gentle reminder why die hard fans should be kept away from running a football club. From afar it feels a real stretch that Ross is a realistic target. Your recent fan fund raise( and genuinely well done and respect to those involved) wouldn't cover his annual salary- by the way Hibs fans think he is awful(?)

i think you guys have easily the squad to get promotion. Rather than comparing the current squad to teams past, comparing them to teams that beat you is the real question. A manager with a bit of common sense , that can get the fans behind the team thro thick and thin,will get you back on track. If you get promoted with your fan base that is the time to  go for some of the names mentioned. The big question is who is that manger to take you to the next level and set the foundation for the next guy to build from?

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

The Kingsley comments are a gentle reminder why die hard fans should be kept away from running a football club. From afar it feels a real stretch that Ross is a realistic target. Your recent fan fund raise( and genuinely well done and respect to those involved) wouldn't cover his annual salary- by the way Hibs fans think he is awful(?)

i think you guys have easily the squad to get promotion. Rather than comparing the current squad to teams past, comparing them to teams that beat you is the real question. A manager with a bit of common sense , that can get the fans behind the team thro thick and thin,will get you back on track. If you get promoted with your fan base that is the time to  go for some of the names mentioned. The big question is who is that manger to take you to the next level and set the foundation for the next guy to build from?

The squad is not good enough. It lacks leadership, mobility, athleticism and quality.
The new guy needs 4/5 players at least in January, right through the spine of the team  

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The squad is not good enough. It lacks leadership, mobility, athleticism and quality.
The new guy needs 4/5 players at least in January, right through the spine of the team  

So basically we’re pish is why you are saying 😂