The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Yeah let's blow our budget on a manager who just lost a dressing room, and whose previous was failing to get an underachieving squad out of a lower league, because he was brought up in Falkirk.

Have a fucking word with yourselves.

We're in league one mate. 

Are you honestly saying (probably wont happen I concede) if we got Jack Ross it would be a poor appointment?? Compared with the other names available hes the fkn messiah.

2 hours ago, MatthewM02 said:

Hi, I am a journalist studying at City of Glasgow College and have done a piece on potential candidates for the next Falkirk manager. 

Thought I’d pop it on here incase you would be interested in a wee read. 
Would love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks 🙂

https://www.cityliveglasgow.com/journalism/2021/12/9/next-manager-options-four-managerial-candidates-to-replace-sacked-falkirk-boss-sheerin 

Decent summary, just one thing, Rice didn’t knock us back, Hamilton refused us permission to speak to him. 

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I would imagine that Ross would have been on c£150000 at Hibs. Pure conjecture on my part of course.

I don’t think you will be far away with that to be fair. 

Grainger taking himself out of the running for manager on the Falkirk Herald. Hasn't however excluded himself from continuing on as a coach with us. 

Worryingly he's said there won't be wholesale changes this weekend as he believes in what Sheerin was doing. Hopefully that's just him sticking up for his mate and he does actually change things as otherwise we better get the vaseline out again.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Your desperation to spin fairly idle chit chat on a football forum into something different never fails. 

It's an absolute cert whenever a top flight manager leaves their club that you'll get Falkirk fans suggesting their club "asks the question", with a few claims of "money talks" as if you're some billionaire owned company and not a club stuck in the third tier of Scottish football.

It's just great viewing.

13 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Grainger taking himself out of the running for manager on the Falkirk Herald. Hasn't however excluded himself from continuing on as a coach with us. 

Worryingly he's said there won't be wholesale changes this weekend as he believes in what Sheerin was doing. Hopefully that's just him sticking up for his mate and he does actually change things as otherwise we better get the vaseline out again.

If that really is his opinion he should be out the door this afternoon.

21 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

It's very very obvious that Jack won't come to us however suggestions that he would be a poor appointment are almost as idiotic as those taking him as a serious target.

FFC should at least approach him to at least discuss things.

Enough folk on the forum on record on how money talks regarding players and managers and Falkirk are a big club. So time for them to encourage the board to make a move.

He is an unemployed manager just like the others being mentioned.

If you dont ask you dont get 

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Yeah let's blow our budget on a manager who just lost a dressing room, and whose previous was failing to get an underachieving squad out of a lower league, because he was brought up in Falkirk.

Have a fucking word with yourselves.

Enlighten me if you will on who would be your choice?