The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

As has been said before he was found guilty in a civil court and has paid his dues to society according to the law of the land.

Surely he therefore has the right to carry on with his life just like any other human being.

Though know that people have long memories and wont forget and he will always get barracked at away games until he packs it in.

If you shagged a sheep just once, you’d be known as a sheep shagger for the rest of your life!

I think it’s pretty much a fact that our next manager will be unattached to a club and I personally believe that will be Rice.

I expect the appointment to happen quickly and be on an initial deal until the summer. What happens after that will obviously depend on how the next 6months go. 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I think it’s pretty much a fact that our next manager will be unattached to a club and I personally believe that will be Rice.

I expect the appointment to happen quickly and be on an initial deal until the summer. What happens after that will obviously depend on how the next 6months go. 

Not necessarily. Theres money available to get the right guy whether he's with a club or not. As we've said before though it's not all just about money unfortunately. I wouldn't though rule out someone in post elsewhere.

Surely this can’t happen before our DOF returns from his sick bed?

14 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not necessarily. Theres money available to get the right guy whether he's with a club or not. As we've said before though it's not all just about money unfortunately. I wouldn't though rule out someone in post elsewhere.

At this stage I would rule out anyone in a job. Who knows, that might change come the summer but at the moment I think we’ll appoint someone currently unattached. Rice, Young, McIntyre, Kettlewell is probably the pond we are fishing in. Hardly exciting and most likely to be Rice IMO. 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I think it’s fair to say you beat them, they’re gone now and part of our history, now let it go furfucksake.

It really is time to leave it be. 

Whit? Whit? Beat them at what? Only thing that needs to beat it is you. The upset and stress they brought to my life and that of my family needs no lectures from you for when it’s done. What a foolish and insensitive thing for you to say.

If I find myself in need of a life coach, I will be sure not to let you know. Doubtless you can tell your pals how a philosophy of “letting it go ffs” has stood you in good stead down the years.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

37 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whit? Whit? Beat them at what? Only thing that needs to beat it is you. The upset and stress they brought to my life and that of my family needs no lectures from you for when it’s done. What a foolish and insensitive thing for you to say.

If I find myself in need of a life coach, I will be sure not to let you know. Doubtless you can tell your pals how a philosophy of “letting it go ffs” has stood you in good stead down the years.

No sure about a life coach chief but if you know any good football coaches can you let Gary Holt know (obviously whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines)

3 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

I think it’s fair to say you beat them, they’re gone now and part of our history, now let it go furfucksake.

It really is time to leave it be. 

Think that’s a bit unfair. 

I attended the interview as a witness for DF and it really was horrendous to see the club go to such lengths as to employ someone to put forward accusations of potential criminality to 2 fans one of which had no beef whatsoever with the director in question. I also checked back DFs comments on here and to describe any of them as criminal is ludicrous. 

You may not want to hear about it and that’s fair enough but you can’t tell someone to just give it a rest when they’ve been personally affected.

I can’t do the same with Bateman, regardless of his apparent requirement to be in the boardroom.

That doesn’t take away my hope for the new board however Ive spoken to too many people who have had similar bad experiences with previous club officials, most of whom decided not to speak out for personal reasons. This is how they win so in my view more fans should be encouraged to speak out and not considered inconvenient because it doesn’t suit the mood. We need to hear these things so we can remember them and hopefully learn from them. 

If it wasn’t for Deans showing his colours at the Q and A and it being put on YouTube then he may still be here but that wouldn’t change him treating fans/staff or others like that behind closed doors. 

The more people speaking out the better.  You may not want to hear it but it should be out in the open so these things hopefully don’t happen in the future. 

No one should have been treated the way DF was, particularly when he has done more for the club than anyone who was on that board. 

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

🤣🤣🤣 Q, if I may, and if you can answer. Is the idea that FSS would merge with the BFL initiative or that they should remain distinct?

It’s a mutually beneficial partnership, I’d say. 

B4L contributions to the club will now be by way of a share purchase. The shares will be held with the wider FSS shareholding.  B4L contributors will be offered FSS membership, unless they opt out. And the FSS will give B4L webspace. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would be sensible not to rule anything out regarding the route we take for a manager. The problem is the way the club have carried on kind kind of narrows the market on who would be interested in leaving a safe job for Falkirk at present. Most wont risk it not in this climate.

Suspect it will be somebody looking for a job because of that

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Is intention for Patrons to put more money in as time goes on?

10K is a lot of money for individuals, but in the great scheme of things we'll burn through £300K in a season. 

Intention is to attract more patrons to the group and also encourage fans to join the FSS. Many of the current patrons group have indicated however they’d be prepared to invest more cash further down the line.  Continuous external investment should not be the clubs long term strategy tho, the club needs to become self sufficient and we can’t do that in this division while still operating full time playing and youth squads. Investment is going to be needed to get us back on an even keel. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Think that’s a bit unfair. 

I attended the interview as a witness for DF and it really was horrendous to see the club go to such lengths as to get someone to put forward accusations of potential criminality to 2 fans one of which had no beef whatsoever with the director in question. I also checked back DFs comments on here and to describe any of them as criminal is ludicrous. 

You may not want to hear about it and that’s fair enough but you can’t tell someone to just give it a rest when they’ve been personally affected.

I can’t do the same with Bateman, regardless of his apparent requirement to be in the boardroom.

That doesn’t take away my hope for the new board however Ive spoken to too many people who have had similar bad experiences with previous club officials, most of whom decided not to speak out for personal reasons. This is how they win so in my view more fans should be encouraged to speak out and not considered inconvenient because it doesn’t suit the mood. We need to hear these things so we can remember them and hopefully learn from them. 

If it wasn’t for Deans showing his colours at the Q and A and it being put on YouTube then he may still be here but that wouldn’t change him treating fans/staff or others like that behind closed doors. 

The more people speaking out the better.  You may not want to hear it but it should be out in the open so these things hopefully don’t happen in the future. 

No one should have been treated the way DF was, particularly when he has done more for the club than anyone who was on that board. 

Aye, that's fine, but this is supposed to be a new start. Hannibal is right, IMO, in saying that all of the shit that we've seen over the last year or so should now be left in the past. I don't think we want a situation where folk are holding grudges when we should all be attempting to pull in the same direction.

What's happened has happened, we can't change it, but we can attempt to make the future a bit brighter. Drawing a line under past differences can surely help with that?

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, that's fine, but this is supposed to be a new start. Hannibal is right, IMO, in saying that all of the shit that we've seen over the last year or so should now be left in the past. I don't think we want a situation where folk are holding grudges when we should all be attempting to pull in the same direction.

What's happened has happened, we can't change it, but we can attempt to make the future a bit brighter. Drawing a line under past differences can surely help with that?

Every season, every new manager, every new board is a fresh start. You can’t take away someone’s grievance because something new has happened. 

It means nothing to you but it means a lot to that person and by airing it does not mean that they don’t want the club to do well, they just want people to know the truth. 

5 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Every season, every new manager, every new board is a fresh start. You can’t take away someone’s grievance because something new has happened. 

It means nothing to you but it means a lot to that person and by airing it does not mean that they don’t want the club to do well, they just want people to know the truth. 

Agreed